StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,881 results
All reviewsstay skyinternational drivefree breakfastbasketball courthot breakfastsofa bedsmall kitchenuniversal studiospool and hot tubliving areafull kitchenfamily vacationyogurtfree shuttleshuttle servicebeds were comfortableparks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We just stayed here for 6 days and was not impressed with room conditions/cleanliness.
Beds are very uncomfortable, probably old mattresses. Showers take forever to get hot water. Our sink barely drained. Towels and blankets were flimsy/thin. There were holes in upholstery in chairs. Old TVS and the remote didn't work.
Only plus was the size and the refrig/kitchen area was nice .Employees working desk are pleasant/friendly.
Location was not the best. Closer to Universal than WDW. The free shuttle bus they offer takes anywhere from 30-60 min to/from WDW by the time it stops at 5-6 other hotels.
Would not stay here again.

1  Thank lilyS1980
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your comments, we truly appreciate your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our kitchen facilities, and out friendly staff. We hope that you might consider staying with us again the next time you are visiting this area.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have to say I am surprised at the level of positive reviews of this hotel. The location is ok at best, probably very good if you plan on visiting universal and the rooms are quite big if you are bringing a family but that is where it stops for me.

The beds/mattresses have probably not been changed in 5 years and they are extremely worn and uncomfortable. The bathrooms could do with changing and the levels of cleaning brought up a number of notches. Overall I would not visit again unless the hotel had a full revamp.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael O

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your insights and will be sure to share your feedback with the appropriate departments. Thanks again.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here for the 1st time, and was not disappointed. I was a little skeptical after reading some reviews that complained about furniture and rooms being worn down and the showers not having hot water. They could use new furniture in the living room area of the suite. The pull out sofa bed is not comfortable at all. It would be nice if those were upgraded.
We had 3 people staying in our suite and didn't not have any issues with the shower.

We arrived a few hours earlier then check in began. They were kind enough to offer us the same suite we reserved at the earlier time, but it was on the 6th floor. I took it, despite reading the complaints here about the elevators. We just wanted to get unpacked and jump in the pool. It had a view of the pool from our room which was nice.
The elevators are extremely slow. Our elevator even broke the first day we were there, and we had to walk across the whole building to use another one. It was fixed the next day, and if that was the worst part of staying here, so be it. Everything else was fine.

Our room was a suite with a bedroom that had 2 queen beds. The air conditining worked wonderfully in our suite! The suite was clean, and plenty of towels were provided for the 3 of us. The kitchenette area had a few bowls/plates/glasses/silverware that you could use. We opted to head out to Walmart and just get paper plates and cups to make things easier. (FYI....You are close to everything. The location of this hotel is wonderful!)

The bathroom was divided into 2 parts. One room had the toilet and shower. And the other room had the sink and vanity to get ready. That was convenient.

The bedroom had 2 very comfortable queen size beds and a desk area w/ chair that was connected to the dresser. The bedroom also had a flat screen t.v.

The living room had the sofa bed and a chair. They are pretty low. I have knee problems, so I'd just sit at the kitchen table, since the furniture was low. The table was nice, with 4 comfortable chairs around it. The t.v. is an old tube one. Plenty of channels to watch though.

The Pool - It was heated and nice. There are lounge chairs around the pool and a few tables w/ chairs. Pool is open from 9AM - 10PM everyday.

There is also a basketball court near the pool that's gated for the kids to shoot baskets.

Smoking - There is no smoking inside the hotel at all. If you smoke, do not worry. You can smoke right outside the hotel's doors. You are not allowed inside the gate around the pool to smoke. But there are tables and chairs all set up on the other side of the gate for smokers. You can still see what's going on in the pool. And you are literally sitting near the lounge chairs by the pool, except there is a gate between you.
You can also smoke right outside the front entrance or anywhere else on the property.

Breakfast - Each morning there is a free buffet. It consists of cereal, breads, pastries, coffee, tea, hot cocoa and juices. There are also a few hot things that are served each day. They rotate them each day. It's scrambled eggs each morning and then a choice of meat (ham, sausage, bacon) They have grits and one day I saw potatoes. There also is yogurt.

Each morning, I'd go to the buffet, grab a bowl of cereal and take it up to my room. The kitchen in your room has a coffee pot. So I'd make my own pot of coffee. And I had milk in the room, so I'd just add that to the bowl of cereal. I did this for 4 days straight. Then on my last day when I attempted to do this, I was confronted by a man named Xavier who worked the buffet. He yelled at me that I was not allowed to bring a bowl of cereal to my room. I explained I wasn't aware of this, since I had done it the past 4 days without any problem. He kept going on and on about plates going missing. It was quite embarassing. I honestly didn't know I was not allowed to bring a bowl to my room. I always returned it back downstairs once I was done. Since it was my last day, I didn't complain about being scorned by this worker Xavier.

Misc. - Each evening at 5:30 the buffet area offers some chips and adults can get a free beer from the bar. This is a nice touch.
Also, if you choose to go shopping for groceries for your room, you are allowed to use the carts in the front lobby that a bell hop uses to bring luggage to a room. This helps immensely with bringing all your stuff to your room.

And to StaySky, your staff, with the exception of Xavier, were all wonderful. I just want to point out that Yvonne who works the security desk at night went beyond the call of duty to assist us with things also. She was always available to answer questions, and willing to help in anyway possible.

To my fellow Trip Advisors, feel free to e mail me here any questions you may have. I'd love to answer them for you! :-)

Tammy

Room Tip: Request a room on the lower floors, so you don't have to waste time waiting for elevators.
3  Thank Tammy517

Thank you so much for leaving such a detailed review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We appreciate your insights and will be sure to relay them to our management team for improvements. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting this area.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great experience again! I have stayed at this hotel about 5 times and it is always improving. The free hot breakfast is great, Bacon, ham, eggs, yogurt, toast, more than you could ask for. The rooms are clean, staff is friendly, great location. Pool and hot tub are beautiful. Thank you again for a wonderful stay and I will be returning.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rmeaney
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you so much for your loyalty! We are delighted that you keep returning to our resort, and that we keep exceeding your expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My family and I went to Orlando for spring break and stayed at the StaySky for five days. With five people, we look for a place with two queen beds and a sofabed. This hotel, which was formerly a Hawthorn Suites, had even more: a separate bedroom with two queen beds and a sitting area with a couch that converted into a sofabed, as well as another easy chair. The kitchen had a table with seating for four (we pulled up the chair from the desk in the bedroom to make five), a fridge, a dishwasher, a microwave and a two-burner range. There were dishes for four, glassware and coffee mugs, silverware and cutting knives, as well as assorted larger bowls and pots and pans. The price was right, too: about $90 with some discounts through work. The easy chair had seen better days, but was comfortable, as were the beds and sofabed. The sink for the bathroom is outside the tub and toilet, which allowed two people to get ready at the same time.

The pool was decent-sized and there was a basketball hoop in the back, although the backboard was cracked and the rim was bent. Still had fun shooting around after a day at Universal, which is just a mile or two away.

The free breakfast varied with grits some days and American fried potatoes on others. There was either sausage or bacon and eggs every day. Yogurt and fresh fruit were plentiful as were the bagels, bread, doughnuts and waffles for toasting (no Belgian waffle maker, though). Coffee, juice, milk and hot cocoa mix were always available as well.

The hotel has two beers or wine for adults each evening and free pop (soft drinks or soda for you non-Chicagoans) for the kids. Wednesdays are free hotdogs and fixin's (we didn't partake as we went out for dinner).

The hotel is within walking distance of a Popeye's and a McDonald's and other restaurants. A Super Walmart is a couple of miles away.

All in all, I'd recommend this hotel, particularly if you need extra room and want to save some money by doing some cooking in your room. It's well situated for Universal (they also have a shuttle if you don't want to drive--also shuttles to Disney).

1  Thank choxc2
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thanks so much! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and are sure that future guests will find your insights useful. We are glad that you enjoyed the layout of our suites, as well as our on-site amenities. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting this area.