“Thank You”

Ranked #136 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Pratt, Kansas
“Thank You”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I'm late on this by several months, but I want to say thank you to all of you that made my stay wonderful. My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon back in August and it was fantastic. Only minor problem was that I had turned 21 a few days before coming and had some problems with my ID at the hotel bar (my state issues a paper one until the new one comes in and it can take up to a month), but we got it all figured out. Again, thank you for making our honeymoon magical. PS: the location is wonderful for shopping at all those little dollar shops :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ashley R
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thanks so much, and congratulations to you and your husband! We are delighted that you chose to spend your honeymoon with us, and that you both had a fantastic time. We hope that you will come back to stay with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Llansanffraid Glan Conwy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here 5 years ago and found it to be a brilliant base for a 'Florida' holiday. So really happy to revisit. In a quiet road within 2 minute walk of the I-Drive with plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance. A 10 minute walk to Wet & Wild. 5 minutes by cab to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure though there are free shuttles from the hotel. Found the 9.25a.m. shuttle to Disney quite laborious however as needed to pick up at several other hotels before dropping at universal then revisiting those hotels again to pick up for Disney so on the bus for nearly 1.5 hours to undertake a 30 minute journey. The spacious hotel room was a little dated with worn patches on the couch and chair, however faultlessly clean (our maid was fab and so helpful) bed was really comfy.Plus free WiFi. We BBQd by the pool several times so found the room kitchen facils very useful especially the big fridge with icemaker! The main reception & bar had been updated and looked good and the pool area, basket ball court and grill area were a big hit and kept immaculately clean by the lovely Victor. The biggest plus of this hotel however is the staff, we were looked after brilliantly by Malli and Dan who were incredibly helpful, totally indulgent of our whims and seemed genuinely interested in making sure we had a great time (big thanks guys). The downside however was the breakfast-though complementary, it was absolute chaos, the food not great and the staff struggled to resupply both food and clean plates. Also in the evenings after happy hour the hotel bar closed and it would be nice perhaps if a couple times a week it stayed open a little later, as we didn't always want to go out after a long day at the Parks. In conclusion, I would recommend this accommodation as an ideal family base for a Florida holiday.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 850janew
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us for a second time! We are delighted that Dan, Victor and the rest of the team showed you great hospitality, and that you all enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your insights and recommendation, and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We always use private villas on our visits to America (ashamed to admit slightly snobby about i-drive) but due to family visiting and meeting American friends, we ended up here. We would stay again in a heartbeat. Spotlessly clean rooms, great staff, including front desk and bar staff. I can't see what more you would require. Security staff were brilliant as well. Well done Sky Suites hope to see you soon x

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Emma T
Thanks so much! We are so glad that you chose to give us a try this time around, and we are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to showing you the same great hospitality on your next visit. Thanks again.
Milton, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

- We stayed in the hotel for 8 nights. 2 queen and 1 sofa bed.

Here are the important things to consider ;

- The hotel is near Universal Studios
- Free Breakfast, free shuttle to all three attractions - Sea world, Universal and Disney
- Two queen bedrooms ( not double)
- Kitchen with Stove
- Little old. You can see the age. Two TV but not flat/lcd
- Washroom is little small. Only one certain in the bath tub, only one sink for all four of us.
- Room service, Hotel over all customer service is very good.
- When you call them, it goes to the call center. The staff is quick and accurate in their response
- No bad surprises.
- Breakfast is basic. After 3 days, you will get boarded and wanted to eat something different.
- It is the best match of the price.
- We booked it through expedia with flight, and it costs us very cheap.
- Also, nearby Gifts shops are good place to shop.
- We rent a car, but if you want to avoid the renting of a car, the hotel is a good option.

I recommend the hotel and would give 3.5/4 out of 5 of my own rating.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank JARS1000
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thanks so much. We appreciate all of the details you have included in your review, and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting Orlando.
colorado
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Filthy torn living room furniture, dingy, not vacuumed (wasn't my toenail), and a couple of bugs crawled up my arm while I was sitting in the chair. Because I used Hotwire (never again), we felt obliged to stay; however, even so, we checked out a day early, because it was just too grubby. Ancient televisions, refrigerator leaning to one side, kitchen far too sparsely furnished (not enough glasses, cups, etc., no dishwashing soap); with the range of accommodations in the area, this was a simply a bad choice, especially for the price.
Good location, hot breakfast a plus, nice staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank sylvia4
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
We are so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent stay. However, we appreciate your comments and will relay them to the appropriate departments. We are glad that you found our staff friendly, and our location convenient. Thanks so much.
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights (family of four). The hotel is in a good location and near all the attractions (15 minute drive to Disney). Some pros regarding the hotel are the free breakfast and in room wifi. The rooms were spacious with a kitchen and separate living room area. However, the furniture was a bit dated and worn (holes in the couch), the TV sets are a throw back with the old CRT tube sets. The breakfast area can get crowded rather quickly but the staff do their best replenish the food. All in all it was a decent stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JayG623
Thanks so much for your feedback. We appreciate your comments, and will relay them to our management team. We are glad that you enjoyed your spacious suite, as well as our great location. We hope that you will come back to stay with us again the next time you are visiting this area.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 May 2014

It is not a 4 star hotel. But it is a very good 2.5 star small suite type hotel, and therefore gets 4 stars for being very good. It is a converted Hawthorne Suites tower type hotel. All the facilites look like it was built in the 80's (probably in the 70's for real), but it was updated perhaps 10 years ago. All is nicely painted and well maintained and feels clean, although not immaculate. The location is good, but not superior. True walking distance to several restaurants. The room is nice for a couple or family with up to 3 kids. It is not spacious, but adequte for a family. All aplliances were working. Full size fridge. The bed was comfortable. The bed was double sheeted and felt clean. The carpet was a little older, but not yuck. The germaphobic will not find it acceptable just because it looks 5-7 years old. The breakfast was very good for Orlando Disney area 2.5 star hotel. Eggs and bacon or sausage cooked well and hot. The full array of items. Almost always fully stocked. The pool was not too large, but sufficient for dip. Maybe not for a family that wants pool every night and wants lots of space in that pool.
I would highly recommend this to a young family who were budget concious. It is good quality across the board and very good value for the price. (I paid around $70 a night through Expedia bundle). I would not recommend it for the family that can afford a $200 a night hotel. This is not that quality.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TimS S
Thanks so much for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your insights and observations and appreciate your recommendation. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting Orlando.