“Excellent choice, great rooms and location.”

StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando
Ranked #128 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Excellent choice, great rooms and location.”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This place is a wonderful find. Gone are the days of checking into a tiny room with loads of outside noise and loud air con - yes, the suites are in a need of a freshen up in some areas, but it's only recently been taken over by StaySky, so I'm guessing they are taking care of that! The suites are lovely, a very ample kitchen, comfortable lounge with flatscreen, a large bedroom with another flat screen, a dressing room and a bathroom.

The staff were all very polite and helpful during our time there. You can buy some supplies from the main desk too if you need water, beer, chips, ice cream etc.

Breakfast was ample enough, got us going and on our way to the parks without too much fuss or timewasting. Lovely idea having a free drink during happy hour from the bar, gets you down to relax before going out.

With regards location. It's a 15 minute easy walk to I-Drive and all that it has to offer.

We would stay here again in a heartbeat, thanks to all for making our stay so good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank surfbluesurf
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
We are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and we are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your recommendation, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Nothing fancy about the hotel, but everything you need is here. Very affordable, cheap bar, clean, ok breakfast, nice pool, small basketball court, free shuttles and very close to Universal.
Best part was the customer service. Dan Walker's assistance was excellent. After an unfortunate incident at Universal, Dan was of great assistance to my husband and I. Dan went out of his way to help us, and made our horrific experience at Universal a bit better.
Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Zicky629
Thanks so much. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that we impressed you with our service. We are so glad that Dan was able to assist you, and we will be sure to pass your compliments on to him. We hope to see you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Thank you for making our satay at your facility a memorable one. I am impressed with quality of service we receive during stay. I would recommend this hotel 100% because of its location and overall service is excellent. We enjoyed the convenience of International drive and all the excellent restaurant and bars. Transportation facility from hotel to all attraction is awesome. No worry for parking and parking fee.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
We are delighted to have exceeded your expectations on your recent visit! We are so glad that you were impressed with our facilities, excellent staff, and great location. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again next time.
Albany, New York
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here with my family approximately 2 weeks ago for 4 days to enjoy the "International Drive" activities before continuing on to Disney for a week. We had a very pleasant stay. The rooms were very clean, the staff were all very polite and helpful when needed. I would not hesitate to stay again. If you are traveling with small children or the elderly, be mindful International Drive is about 3 blocks away.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thanks so much! We are so glad that your recent stay with us was very enjoyable, and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting Orlando.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed at the Stay Sky Suites, twice this year and enjoyed both trips.
Staff were extremely pleasant,friendly and helpful, especially the Front
Desk and restaurant staff. Breakfast was varied and satisfying.
Would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank Sandra W
Thanks so much for your loyalty! We are delighted to hear that you are a repeat guest, and that we have impressed you with our helpful staff, and great amenities. We look forward to showing you the same great hospitality next time.
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have been to this hotel also known as Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Universal . and stayed there for 1 week in december .. out of compulsion though .
When i booked this hotel i enquired about kitchenette as that is the primary requirement for me . as my daughter could not eat outside food . we need to cook the food for her . while booking no one told me that stove never reach more than 60 F and it takes hours even to boil the water . literaly you cannot cook the food in those kitchenette .
When i asked Manager about it .. his simple reply was none of the hotel in the neighborhood has that facility .. but is that my problem ? i landed up bringing the food from outside .
second thing is they do provide free transport for pick and drop to Disney .. but be aware that is not deducated to this hotel .. the transport facility is collated with atleast 7 to 8 hotels . and even if you start from hotel at 9 you will reach disney park not before 10: 30 or 11 .. and no one tell you this things before .

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank prashant80
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the stove top in your room, and our shuttle service. We appreciate your insights and have relayed your concerns to our management team for review. Thanks again.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We have enjoy our stay in Orlando FL and the Stay Sky Suites where we stayed at was Excellent. We found that place last year and have decided to come back to the same one. I found that all the workers there where very good and friendly. Thanks everyone see you all next year!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Phuong T
Thanks so much! We are thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations, and that you are looking forward to a return visit next year. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Take care.