“Disney Vacation”

StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando
Ranked #130 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel through Expedia.com when researching our Disney vacation. We were undecided between this hotel and one other that was down the street. I decided to go with this hotel and am I glad we did! The service was phenomenal both before the stay and during. Not wanting to worry about packing all our toiletries and odds and ends for an extended stay, I spoke several times with the concierge who responded promptly to my emails and endless questions. We sent a very large package and they held it for us for our arrival. They said there would be a $10 hold fee and then never charged me for it. The room was beyond spotless with a beyond expectations for a great bathroom with perfect water pressure. Breakfast every morning was very good, a good variety and hot foods with a nice selection of breads for toasting, bagels, etc. Plus fresh fruit and yogurt. Each evening they had a manager's reception with one free drink per guest, beer or wine and nice and relaxing. The staff were courteous, helpful, and answered our questions promptly. Shuttle service was great and the pool was a nice way to relax and cool off at the end of the day. Very convenient location so if you don't rent a car lots of places to eat and shop are in the vicinity. We loved our stay so much that we plan to book another trip in November and stay here. Couldn't have loved it more!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor away from the elevator and never heard another guest the whole time we we...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CTPammie22
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you so much! We are delighted that you chose to stay with us on your recent visit, and we are thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We will be sure to pass your compliments on to our staff, and we look forward to welcoming you back in November. Thanks again.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my family on Jul 15 - 29. I decided to booked this hotel after reading carefully the TripAdvisor reviews. I found a good room suite deal for $83 per night directly with the hotel. We are a family of 5, two adults and three teens. I read on TripAdvisor reviews that the rooms were old, had damaged carpet, two old televisions and damaged kitchen cabinets. Only one washer was working for the entire building. Instead of those issues, the room was clean and comfortable. The housekeeper service did a great work. Thanks Olga.

The most unpleasant part of our stay was that the hotel charged $416 more than the price that I reserved. I talked with three different employees about the unfair charges, and they finally gave me a credit. But surprise for me the hotel charged $200 more later when I checked out. The hotel charged a different rate than the one I reserved. When I comeback to Orlando the next year I will stay in another best ranking hotel.

Here my experience in room #112:

Pros:
fast check in (I did late check in)
location
helpful employees (do their work, not more)
decent breakfast included
comfortable room (suite with two queens beds)
clean room
pool and jacuzzi

Cons:
non renovated room
small breakfast area (the layout was not very pleasant)
poor breakfast (hot items were cold, not much variety)
the inner room doors did not have any locks
the bathroom toilets were stained
the hotel charged a different rate than the one I reserved

Room Tip: Non first floor room with pool view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you including a pros and cons list which we have shared with our management team. We are sorry about the hiccups that you encountered but we're glad that you found your room comfortable. Thanks again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at this location a month ago and the experience was not very good. Rafael, the manager was amazing though. He switched rooms for us and gave us a 2 night complimentary comeback stay. Well, we took him up on the offer and just got back from our stay. All I can say is AMAZING IMPROVEMENT!! We arrived early in the day and our room was not ready for us. Not to worry, Rafael loaded our luggage on a rack and moved it to a safe location. When we returned from Universal later that evening we found our room ready and all of our cold food from the cooler was placed in the refrigerator. Now that is service!! The room was totally redone and brand new. The front desk staff of Marian and Rafael, the manager were very professional and accommodating. Through his willingness to work with us and promising a better stay, Rafael has a made a loyal guest of our family. I will make this our go-to hotel from now on as we are Universal season pass holders. As a business owner, I was very impressed with the management and staff. I guess I've made that abundantly clear... Great job!

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room...
1  Thank Kurtd9
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you so much for this great review! We are delighted to hear that you were impressed with your second stay here, and that Rafael went out of his way to look after you. We appreciate your business, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting Universal.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Was a good experience, with good customer service and very nice rooms with a kitchen and a dishwasher for your convenience. Good place for family, they have a game room and a swimming pool too. very friendly staff especially the head of kitchen.

1  Thank Charity G

Thanks so much! we are so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us, and that you enjoyed all of our in-suite amenities. We will be sure to relay your compliments on to all of our staff who will be thrilled to hear that they impacted your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We loved having a bedroom suite. 3 of us were traveling and though the bedroom was small it was very comfortable. The beds were fairly new, and it was clean.The pool was great to relax in the evenings. The breakfasts were hot and had predicable variety, and no need to hunt out yet another restaurant for an over priced meal. The hotel was close to Universal studios and many places to shop or eat. Right off of International drive. I would definitely go back to this hotel when in Orlando. And best of all, we felt like the only ones in the hotel, there was never any outside room noise or running feet overhead and the hotel was full at the time we were there, that in of of itself is pretty amazing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank guavagirl12

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted that you had a fabulous stay with us, and that our suites were comfortable for you. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again next time.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were a family of 5 from NY. This was our first time staying at this hotel. We had gone to Florida before, and had stayed at the Florida Hotel and Conference Center, only the mall and food courts were convenient. It really cost us a lot in transportation to theme parks and attractions on international drive. Staying at stay sky, we had the best A-team, healthy breakfast in the morning from 7-10, free shuttle to theme parks which the rides are about 25 mins or less, the location is in the heart of shopping restaurants and dining just to name a few. This hotel provides quality service very clean, quiet, and courteous staff members. We stayed there 10 days and still talking about it, couldn't ask for anything better. We'll definitely recommend it to others. B. Philips

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side on the upper floors have better view all the time, great scene especially at...
3  Thank BEVERLEY P
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you so much for your comments! We are thrilled to hear your stay was a memorable one. We can't wait to welcome you back again next time. Thanks again!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My family and I are regular visitors to this hotel and again this year we have a wonderful time Three weeks stay between June and July. Ideally located for theme parks, restaurants and shopping. There is free transport to parks but be prepared for a long bus trip. Free breakfast but can be quiet busy in the morning. Happy hour in the evening is a great way to have a chat with your fellow guests, Rooms a bit dated (renovation in progress, slowly) but very spacious, will accommodate six easily. If you plan to use the sleeper couch ask for a room that has the couch replaced recently. The old sleeper couches can be quiet uncomfortable. Housekeeping was as usual excellent. Rooms kept clean and lots of clean towels. This hotels biggest assets are the front desk personnel. Marian and Dan are real professionals and go out of their way to help you. They deserve a bonus or a pay rise.. Many thanks to all, Have already booked for 2015 ......Howards of Dublin

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view and a room with a new sleeper couch.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BALBEC123
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you so much! We are delighted you were so impressed with our hotel, and we will be sure to let Marian and Dan know their great services do not go unnoticed. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.