“Very convenient to Universal Studios”

Hampton Inn closest to Universal Orlando
Ranked #61 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Toronto, Canada
“Very convenient to Universal Studios”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed at here for our trip to Universal Studios. Check-in was super fast. The room was clean and adequate for my family. The air conditioner is loud for those who are used to silence. The breakfast was great in the morning and always well stocked. Only problem is that sometimes there was no where to sit as it did get crowded.

They have a complimentary shuttle to Universal which we took and we were worried it would stop at other hotels along the way but it went directly there. This has nothing to do with the hotel but that shuttle is the dirtiest bus I've ever been on. We nick-named it the "beat-up blue". But it was always on-time and clear about where it was going. We took a taxi home from Universal one night and told him we were staying at the Hampton Inn at Universal. Well we didn't know there's another Hampton Inn on a street called "Universal" and he took us there. So just be sure to know the street name if you take the taxi.

Enjoyed our stay and thought it was a great value. Very close to the outlet mall too but I never got there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New Brunswick
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed for 3 nights before Christmas while taking in the park for the 1st time with our teenage kids. Place needs some updating, there was obvious trim missing in the common areas where the walls meet the floor, but they did say they were renovating. Room was fine, nothing special, but no complaints. The fellow at the front desk (Cameron) when we checked was wonderful, very cheerful, was nice to see, & also seemed to be working & smiling regardless of what time we rolled in or out. My daughter left her bathing suit & a pair of shorts hanging on the bathroom door when we checked out, but upon us calling the next day, they set them aside for us to pick up the next week when we passing through on our drive back north. The breakfast area could get quite busy, but the hostess was on top of things, & handled it better than I've seen on some other Hampton Inn properties. Well worth the price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NBHabsfan
Bloomington, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Friendly staff. good location if you are doing universal, but no service to park. My room smelled on check in. got better, but not much. Heating was loud and difficult to keep at right temp. Breakfast was what you would expect, on par with most hotels in this range. There's a holiday inn not far that seemed to be a little nicer. This hotel needs and update.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Pavla H, Manager at Hampton Inn closest to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the unpleasant smell you encountered and noise disruptions during your stay, and we’re taking steps to make sure these issues are corrected. We know that travel can be stressful, and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you’ll stay with us again in the future.

Kind regards,
Pavla Hojna
Cary, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

My room was on the second floor. On the second day of my stay, I noticed ants were crawling around on the bathroom counter. It was nothing major at this point, I did not complain. Later that evening, I returned to the room around 11 p.m. and saw that there were many ants and they were crawling on my things in the bathroom. They were on the counter, on the wall, on the floor, on the door jam..etc. I was traveling alone and do not like to complain when I am alone. You can never be too careful. I then noticed there were a couple crawling on the nightstand next to the bed. First thing in the morning, I did go down to the desk and very quietly told the mgr on duty (I believe his name was Cameron) the issue. He moved me to a room on the 5th floor and apologized. Once I was moved up to the fifth floor, their were issues with the elevator. When pushing the call button to get on, the light would go off like the elevator had arrived, but the doors would never open. Push the button again and the light immediately would shut off. Needless to say this happened a couple times during my stay which required me to take 5 flights of stairs. I again complained and was told "maintenance was looking into it". I noticed there is a review from 3 weeks ago on this site, stating ants were a problem. Obviously an issue. I have contacted corporate in hopes of being reimbursed for this less than desired experience. We will see what happens.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Pavla H, Manager at Hampton Inn closest to Universal Orlando, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel and that your stay with us was less then perfect. I understand your concerns. I want to assure you that we take your feedback seriously and have followed our internal procedures. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations. Unfortunately we have experienced some technical dificulties with the elevator that required an outside professional help in order to be eliminated. I am very sorry this in fact effected your stay with us.
Hilton Guest Assistance has been in contact with you and offered your compensation for this unsatisfactory stay. Please feel free to conact me directly if I can be of assistance with any further concerns.

Kind regards,
Pavla Hojna, AGM
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

The service was great, location was great, breakfast was great. The hotel is showing little age, but has been kept up very well. The deal is not greatest. You can probably get a better deal elsewhere. But the service and nice breakfast made up for any shortcomings.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed here from January 8th-11th. As a Fairfield(Marriott's equivalent to Hampton) employee, I wanted to use my employee discount towards a room at a Fairfield down the street, but I had to be 21 to book the room. Even with the discount, this hotel was still cheaper. I was treated well by all employees. Even though my room wasn't the most updated, I know that they are currently renovating the hotel so at least they are improving. My only complaint was the business center. When I was buying my ticket for Universal, I had problems with one of the computers(this probably didn't have to do with the computer, probably the Universal site). However, when I was able to buy tickets on the other computer, I was unable to print, so I had to get back on the other computer, which no longer gave me problems, and I was able to print. Because of this, I missed the 10:40 shuttle to Universal, but it was nearby anyway, so I had no problem walking. Besides the Universal shuttle, there is also shuttles to Epcot and SeaWorld. They were very convienient, but I wish they didn't leave the parks so late after closing time. The hotel is also at the end of a trolley line where you can get to nearby destinations such as the outlet malls, Ripley's museum and SeaWorld to name a few. I even like how they had decently sized bars of soap and mouth wash, something I'm not sure the nearby Fairfield would have supplied. The complimentary breakfast and coffee was pretty good too! There are slightly different options everyday. I also had a good wifi connection from my phone. Even though I didn't stay at the hotel I had to book, and I am a Fairfield employee, I will most definitely consider staying at this hotel in the event that I come back to Orlando!

Room Tip: Try to get an odd-numbered room as they don't face the freeway