“If you have allergies, stay far, far away!!!”

Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd.
Ranked #241 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have allergies, but have had no problems staying in a pet-friendly hotel. The problem is that, unlike other hotels, this hotel doesn't have specific rooms it uses for pets.

When I tried to sleep, I had an immediate and severe allergic reaction and ended up being treated at a local hospital.

And, it wasn't a good thing that there was no information around as to where the hospitals were. There is no front desk attendant after 11pm and I had to call 911 to try to find out where it was.

Lucky to have made it through this stay and still being treated for it.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Midwesterner007
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry that your allergies acted up while staying at our hotel. Please know, we do have specific rooms for guests with pets to stay in. I am sorry if this was not communicated to you properly at check-in and will work with the staff to ensure it is moving forward. Still, we will work to clean these rooms even better, so that they do not affect our other guest rooms in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ous@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Very close to Universal Studios, lot of fast food places around and shopping mall isn't far. Very clean and staff is friendly. Our stay did not have house keeping, but we could get fresh towels anytime. Breakfast had the basics. I have already recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Natalia S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location, your clean room and our friendly staff. Still, I apologize if our housekeeping services did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

First off, the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and tidy when I checked in. When I stay at some places that have late night key card security, it rarely is functional, which means I see people wandering in and out of some hotels all hours. The Extended Stay's security was top notch. Overall, a great and economical place to stay. I will use it again when I come back in October!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights with my family. There are 2 extended stay right next to each other. We stayed at 5620 Major blvd. Unfortunately I have nothing great to write about this hotel. After every tiring theme park outing, we would go there just to sleep.

I had several issues and none were resolved during my 6 night stay.

(a). As soon as air conditioning was turned on, there was an odor of seafood. Me and my family being vegetarian, we just couldnt stand it. Called desk immdly and never got resolved till I checked out. No alternate room was provided. Never used airconditioning during my entire stay. It was hard to sleep each night after tiring theme park visits.

(b) out of 6 days, toilet got clogged 3 times (11pm, 6am and once just before checkout at 11.30pm). Called desk and Mellisa asked us to come over, pickup the suction and do it ourselves ... what ?? I was very upset and after several calls, she came over and got it fixed. I sympathize her situation too as there are no 24 hrs facilities support onsite.

(c) bathroom door lock is broken. Never got fixed as they had to replace the entire unit.

(d) breakfast: mini muffin's are severed which is ok. When I took 4 muffin's, one of the staff told me, not to take 4 as they will run short for other customers.

(e) no laundry basket provided in the room ; not a big deal but thought will mention this for long term guests.

(f) no business center to print boarding pass, theme park tickets etc., being in Orlando, these are basic essential service I would expect from any basic hotel.

(g) elevator was broken for 3 days (5/20, 5/21 and 5/22). No backup elevator. So bit of a challenge for us carrying down our 50lbs baggage (international travel). No staff was available to help us bring the luggage to the lobby.

Room Tip: I heard the other extended stay is better than this one with swimming pool etc., try it out. Me bein...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Trajet T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Trajet - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the multiple issues you experienced during your recent stay with us including the broken elevator, the smell from the A/C unit as well as the toilet and the bathroom door not working properly. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have discussed these issues with my front desk and maintenance personnel and we are working to correct them.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I invite you to contact me, at ous@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The room was amazing and everything started out great. We called for a Cab and front desk contacted a Private Taxi. An unmarked car. The Private taxi charges 3 times more to cross the street to Citywalk. He pays the front desk commission for recommending him. Don't get into the car they will try and tell you that a cab takes longer. There are so many cabs around that area that it doesn't make sense. You can get a cab in less than 10 minutes. Don't let them trick you!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank deidretravelsbest

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am happy you found your room to be so amazing; however, I'm so disappointed about your experience with the taxi. Please accept my apology. In response, I am training the staff to utilize taxi companies that are more affordable moving forward.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ous@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We travel to Orlando for the long weekend with our 2 dogs and this seems like a good place to stay... And we were not wrong this place was great. Great prices and great location, staff is very friendly and rooms are clean and nice. I for sure recommend this place and will go back!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando Theme Parks - Major Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for posting such a great review of our hotel. I am proud of our team for providing quality service during your stay and I'm happy the combination of location, great prices and cleanliness, made your stay a pleasant one.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my sister stayed here and it was beautiful. The room was clean,bathroom was clean,and the kitchen was clean. I'm a clean freak, it was on point. We really enjoyed our stay. My next visit this will be the place for me. The staff was also excellent.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa J

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be excellent during your visit with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.