“GREAT STAY!”

Ranked #195 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“GREAT STAY!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

After landing at Sanford Int'l., Orlando late in the evening, we stayed at LaQuinta only 20 minutes away. We always stay at LaQuinta because we get points and they are dog friendly, and because the accommodations are always comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank sk1usa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Destin, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The staff are always extremely friendly and efficient. While we were there, carpet was being replaced on the floor we were staying on and we didn't even hear it. It must have been during the night. We went out the next morning and the new carpet was down. All of the staff we have encountered have been very respectful, friendly, and helpful.

Arkansas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I just returned yesterday from a 5 night stay while visiting my daughters one of which attends UCF.
Check in took a bit long with only 1 person working at the desk. I noticed almost every time we walked by the front desk over the course of our stay they only had one person working at the front desk.
Room: Our room was clean and comfortable. The bed was one of the most comfortable we slept in. Room had a mini fridge which was extra cold which was great. The microwave was nice but didn't have a turntable. The internet signal in our room was strong. The shower head fixture leaked so I notified the front desk the next morning. They controlled only some of the leak but honestly they needed to replace the shower head. The sink was too low which made shaving literally a pain in my back and it took close to 2 minutes for the water to get hot. Our closet only came with 3 hangers so we bought a pack at the dollar store.
Breakfast: Complimentary was nice but the selection wasn't the best. As previous have mentioned they don't serve a breakfast meat which I believe I never experienced. 2 waffle makers, cereal, muffins, yogurt , hard boiled eggs, oatmeal packets and one or 2 types of fruit. We've had better but hey it was free. The lobby doubled as the breakfast area.
Pool: Areas of sun and shade, pool looked clean.
Fitness Center: Several types of cardio equipment one of which was broken and a universal machine. One big omission was they didn't have sanitizing wipes or spray. We have memberships at Planet Fitness which was a bit of a drive but nonetheless I wanted to comment on my observations.
Other Observations: They don't have a business center which means no computers in or around the lobby but they will fax for free and will print out your boarding pass at the front desk. They have 1 washer and 1 dryer located on the 3rd floor but the dryer was broken. Cost for each is $1.50. There is a coin laundry 5 minutes away near University Blvd.
No safe in the room. We stayed in room 209.
Would we stay there again, probably not. The room was clean and comfortable and the location to the campus was great but that was about it. The hotel was part of a Priceline package deal so we got a very good deal.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2014

this hotel is dirty the room I stayed in was dusty and that after I had to get moved because the first room the bathroom wasn't cleaned at all... there are beer bottles on the stair cases and a laundry bucket with trash in it at the bottom of the stairs... I work in the hotel business and I understand it isn't easy keeping up on a hotel this size but they defiantly need to start checking there rooms and the stair cases what if my kids were to get ahold of that and break it or drink it or whatever... this is horrible I will never bring my business here again. And also you guys might want to clean your pool more often it wasn't horrible but I still wouldn't swim in it. I stayed on 7/19

1 Thank Danielle B
United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

wow the service is way better than I hoped. but the pool closes early. otherwise it is really cozy. if you ask for an extra mattress, it will be way uncomfortable. also fridges are in single bed rooms

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are the best. they are easiest to get to and quieter and closer to the pool =]
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

During my stay on 7/10/14-7/13/14, the carpet was being replaced on the 3rd floor and was guaranteed it would be done. It was not and had floor with sticky substance even during my departure. Don't stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank John A
pembroke pines, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great job again LQ ! You can see the staff about the guest experience ! Our son attends college here and I always travel with LQ. I work in the service industry and am directly involved with the customer and their opinion of our company . Good value for what they deliver here ! There are miles of roads for walking here also . Close to everything and all kinds of dining choices .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple