“Best Value Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #192 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Houston, United States
“Best Value Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Nice place, calm and serene, would stay again. Close to restaurants and shopping. very friendly staff and changed my room as soon as i requested. However the quality of the mattress was terrible. Also could use a little bit of more variety for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Denver, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Well maintained, clean & comfortable. I mostly like it because of the desk layout... it's large with a comfortable chair and and view of the tv. Price for value is the best I've seen for the area. Their breakfast is typical LQ though--I don't bother.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Michael S
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

It was a nice stay for business at UCF. I was able to use the desk, chair, and wifi to work on my paper. The bed was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was also clean. I didn't like that the bathroom door does not have a lock or a latch of any kind. It just swings shut barely. Also the elevator was slow and the carpeting in the 6th floor hallway was bunched in areas. We tripped on it each time we left the room. It was a good stay and would stay again.

Stayed July 2014
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

After landing at Sanford Int'l., Orlando late in the evening, we stayed at LaQuinta only 20 minutes away. We always stay at LaQuinta because we get points and they are dog friendly, and because the accommodations are always comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank sk1usa
Destin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

The staff are always extremely friendly and efficient. While we were there, carpet was being replaced on the floor we were staying on and we didn't even hear it. It must have been during the night. We went out the next morning and the new carpet was down. All of the staff we have encountered have been very respectful, friendly, and helpful.

new jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I just returned yesterday from a 5 night stay while visiting my daughters one of which attends UCF.
Check in took a bit long with only 1 person working at the desk. I noticed almost every time we walked by the front desk over the course of our stay they only had one person working at the front desk.
Room: Our room was clean and comfortable. The bed was one of the most comfortable we slept in. Room had a mini fridge which was extra cold which was great. The microwave was nice but didn't have a turntable. The internet signal in our room was strong. The shower head fixture leaked so I notified the front desk the next morning. They controlled only some of the leak but honestly they needed to replace the shower head. The sink was too low which made shaving literally a pain in my back and it took close to 2 minutes for the water to get hot. Our closet only came with 3 hangers so we bought a pack at the dollar store.
Breakfast: Complimentary was nice but the selection wasn't the best. As previous have mentioned they don't serve a breakfast meat which I believe I never experienced. 2 waffle makers, cereal, muffins, yogurt , hard boiled eggs, oatmeal packets and one or 2 types of fruit. We've had better but hey it was free. The lobby doubled as the breakfast area.
Pool: Areas of sun and shade, pool looked clean.
Fitness Center: Several types of cardio equipment one of which was broken and a universal machine. One big omission was they didn't have sanitizing wipes or spray. We have memberships at Planet Fitness which was a bit of a drive but nonetheless I wanted to comment on my observations.
Other Observations: They don't have a business center which means no computers in or around the lobby but they will fax for free and will print out your boarding pass at the front desk. They have 1 washer and 1 dryer located on the 3rd floor but the dryer was broken. Cost for each is $1.50. There is a coin laundry 5 minutes away near University Blvd.
No safe in the room. We stayed in room 209.
Would we stay there again, probably not. The room was clean and comfortable and the location to the campus was great but that was about it. The hotel was part of a Priceline package deal so we got a very good deal.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

this hotel is dirty the room I stayed in was dusty and that after I had to get moved because the first room the bathroom wasn't cleaned at all... there are beer bottles on the stair cases and a laundry bucket with trash in it at the bottom of the stairs... I work in the hotel business and I understand it isn't easy keeping up on a hotel this size but they defiantly need to start checking there rooms and the stair cases what if my kids were to get ahold of that and break it or drink it or whatever... this is horrible I will never bring my business here again. And also you guys might want to clean your pool more often it wasn't horrible but I still wouldn't swim in it. I stayed on 7/19

• 2 of 5 bubbles