“Nice hotel.......Awesome staff!”

Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area
Ranked #236 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Upon arriving at this hotel we noticed how serene it felt. The lobby was nicely decorated, also had a bar/lounge area. I don't think many people took advantage of this, we were usually the only ones down there at night. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating, especially Isaiah Jones. Friendliest hotel attendant I have come across in a long time! The rooms were nice, spacious and exceptionally clean!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JenMurray
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I am pleased to hear that you felt serene at our property and that you enjoyed our lounge area and renovated rooms. I will be sure to pass your comment on to Isaiah so that he is aware how he positively impacted your stay. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again at a future visit to the UCF Area.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for just one night but it was enough to know that it was fantastic! The rooms were small but still very nice quality and enough room to move around. The staff was very friendly. The free breakfast was great, not the cheap grab and go stuff but more like a Starbucks. It was quiet and appeared to be in a safe location. About 22 minutes from the Orlando Airport and about the same distance from City Walk (Universal).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that even though your stay was brief that it was a pleasant experience. We do our best to provide high service levels and I will be sure to pass your comment along to our staff so they can see how they positively impacted your stay with us.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I would say that this is an average Courtyard by Marriott. I was lucky enough to stay in one of the renovated rooms which did have nice decor and seemed much more updated. The room itself was fairly small, but that never bothers me too much in a quick stay. The cleaning service was not all that great either, as I they left a couple dirty dishes after cleaning my place.

The bistro/bar wasn't quite up to par for me. It appeared to be closed most of the time, even though if you asked the one employee on duty they would often make you a drink or food between all of the other guests. The bar inventory also looked lacking to me, but that might be because it was never "open".

The staff were all very nice and were quite helpful when asked for anything.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank James M
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

While I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our updated rooms, I am sorry to hear that our bistro hours and housekeeping service detracted from your stay with us. Our bistro is open daily, with dinner hours from 5pm until 10pm. Our breakfast hours vary with weekday service being 6:30am until 9am and weekends being 7am until 11am. I apologize for the dishes left behind and assure you that this is not the norm, our operations staff is looking in to this matter so that it can be corrected and an isolated incident. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so that we can improve our services. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again during future travels to the UCF Area.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I ended up staying at this hotel due to last minute travel plans. The hotel lobby is typical for a Courtyard property. The staff was also very friendly. I didn't realize at the time I made my reservation that the hotel was undergoing extensive remodeling. They did have a sign at the front desk when I checked in that stated they would find you another room if this was an inconvenience. I decided to stay since I would be gone most of the day. A couple of days I did come in early and you could hear the construction. A couple of days the water was cut off for a few hours, but that never affected me. If you are going to be hanging out in the hotel during the day for rest and relaxation, this may not be the best time to stay. I would wait until the remodel is over, because it was pretty quiet after the construction ended for the day. The room was nice. I assume it was one of the remodeled rooms. The room contained a minifrig and a microwave along with a coffee pot. There are a variety of restaurants within walking distance. This was convenient and of course they have the Bistro in the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MsHutch2013
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad to hear that our renovation processes did not negatively impact your stay. You are correct that you stayed in one of the remodeled rooms, as our remodeled rooms will all contain mini fridges and microwaves so that our guests no longer have to request them. We hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future after our renovation is completed (which we are aiming for the start of May) and again, thank you for taking the time to review our property as well as aid future travelers considering us with your tips.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We just finished staying at 2 Fairfield inn and can't compare this hotel to their standard. Little disappointed.
We will not select this place in near future. Lobby looks great but rooms not the best. Staff at front desk didn't know if king bed room has sofa bed!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our property and I apologize for the confusion regarding sofa beds. As you may have seen while staying with us, we are currently undergoing a room renovation. With our renovated rooms, all rooms will have a sofa-bed upon completion.

Since not all rooms have been renovated yet only select rooms have a sofa bed and these are not set to room type yet as not all rooms have been renovated. We hope after renovation you allow us the opportunity to serve you again as our guest so that you can experience the new Courtyard by Marriott.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is your typical average courtyard. We stayed due to its location near family. Set away from the road so road traffic is at a minimum. Rooms were clean and comfortable, no mold which is a hughe plus.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dr Gary B
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our rooms finding them clean and comfortable. While we are currently renovating, I hope that if you return to the East Orlando Area we have the opportunity to serve you as our guest again, this time in our newly renovated rooms, so that we can go beyond the "typical average Courtyard."

Reviewed 31 December 2013

If the bed wasn't so comfortable I would have rated this much lower since the room was so dark and drab. The lighting was terrible and the decor is beyond dated but the bed was cozy for a night. This definitely wouldn't be my 1st choice in the area but I'd stay again in a pinch.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Courtyard Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

We are happy to announce that our room renovation is set to begin very soon and hope that you have the opportunity to experience our new rooms in your future travels to the UCF Area so that we can become more than an "in a pinch" property for your travel needs.