I'd not stayed at a Comfort Suites before, but needed to, as we had a meeting at the Inn. I regret having done so.
The first thing one notices are the pillows! They are the silliest thing you've ever seen: throw pillows half the size of regular pillows, thin and weak little puffs of white lost at the head of the bed. Why would an inn offer 14"x14" bed pillows? It can't possible save them much overhead.
The in-the-wall air conditioner was amazingly loud: it had three settings: off, 737, and "impending earthquake". It also did not have an "on" setting, so the noise cycled on and off throughout the night, waking us each time it turned on or off. The only good news about the noise level was that when it roared awake, it covered the late-night noise of the BBQ and bar across the street.
Staff appeared friendly and willing, and they attempt to keep the place up, but you can tell they're kept on a tight tether, and not allowed to waste one penny on niceties (other than the packaged "pretties" mandated in the big-box, "hotel package" that came the day they opened.
The hotel is mostly clean, and again staff is good, but the is not what one would expect for the money; there are much better hotels in the area for little more money.
The breakfast, by the way, is a good attempt at meeting the needs of their guests. While the food is basic, and little of it is fresh, it's still a convenience and is adequate. I had no idea you can buy mass-produced "toaster omelets", with no evidence they'd touched a griddle, much less a chicken, but now I know.
Stay here if you must, but there are better options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites UCF/Research Park is conveniently located within one mile of the University of Central Florida, the U.S. Army Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training and Instrumentation (PEO STRI), the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR), Lockheed Martin Corporation, Rockwell Automation, Inc. and SAIC. The UCF Arena at Knights Plaza and Bright House Networks Stadium at UCF are located a short three minute drive from the hotel. The hotel provides direct access via State Road 408 to downtown Orlando and Orlando venues such as the Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium and the Amway Arena. Various dining, shopping and entertainment options are located in the Waterford Lakes Town Center, one mile south of the hotel. Walt Disney World attractions are 40 minutes southwest of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Ucf / Research Park Hotel Orlando
- Comfort Suites Orlando
- Orlando Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park Orlando, Florida