“Disappointed”

Ranked #30 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I travel to the east side of Orlando, often, to visit our family. We always stay at the Comfort Suites UCF Research Park and have been very pleased. However, this time we were quite disappointed. The toilet seat and bathroom counter tops were not clean, and I had to clean them. I told the front desk and they apologized. Which was nice. The next night, it took four times for someone at the front desk to answer. I told her there was no bag left for our ice container. She pretended that she had never heard about bags and asked if I could just clean it with a little soap and water. I asked to speak to the manager. She said she was the only one there, housekeeping left at four and she was having to run the whole place, alone. She said that she did have some little bags downstairs that might do if I wanted to come down and get one. When I sent my son to get the bag he told me that there were others working. I suppose the lady thought it was funny to pretend that she was clueless about the bags, but her joke was not funny to me. I don't understand what has happened to this place. Perhaps it's under new management. On our next stay, we will be looking at another hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Stuart B, Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear CCT1187

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the hotel was not as clean as our standards demand.

A clean room that has been prepared for our guests is basic for a good stay. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow - up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We have stayed in many Comfort Suite hotels over the last few years and this was certainly one of the best. The agent at the front desk was Rachel. She was very friendly and most helpful throughout our stay. We arrived quite a bit earlier than we expected but we were allowed to check upon arrival. This was a big help to us as we had plans that afternoon. She gave us some helpful advise regarding short stay in Orlando and handled everything very professionally. She is a real asset to their business. They had a wonderful breakfast that was fresh and quite tasteful. The room was very clean and accommodating as usual for a Comfort Suite. We would highly recommend this location to anyone passing through Orlando.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dennis D
Stuart B, General Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you for the review of my Comfort Suites here at UCF in Orlando.

It is always great to hear how convenient our location is for the many guests who need to be near all the activities whether they be work or pleasure.

The breakfast allows everyone in the family to choose what they like to eat and its included within your rate complimentary.

We are extremely fortunate to have a fantastic team to work with. They are truly what make this hotel great. I will be sure to recognize Rachel publicly at our next celebration.
Gulfport, Florida
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My daughter attends UCF and we visit her frequently. We will not stay anywhere accept this
hotel because of Rachel. She always greets us with this amazing smile and goes out of her way
to make sure our stay is a very pleasant experience. She can be answering the phone or attending to another guest but still somehow manages to acknowledge us if only to say good morning,or hope you guys slept well, or you guys have a nice day. She is friendly, courteous, professional, and definitely an asset to the company. We feel that Rachael delivers a
WOW!! Customer Experience.
Thanks,
Howard P

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Patrcia P
Mehvish A, Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Good Morning Patricia P,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to write us a review! We pride ourselves in providing all our guests with the best customer service and we are very glad that you had enjoyed your stay. We will definitely congratulate Rachel on this. We do hope that in the near future you would visit us again and give us another chance to create a memorable stay for you.

Safe travels!
Lake Butler
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Positives: The pillow selection
Negatives: Dripping faucet in bathroom, room phone didn't work so had no courtesy wake up call, room divider so close to bed that you could barely get into bed from that side, when we called for a 30 minute late check out we were denied!! Really? For 30 minutes?
Needless to say, we will not be staying here again. There are other choices nearby.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Good Morning Tara A.,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the plumbing problems you encountered.

We want our guest to have the best stay possible, where everything is in perfect order. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns, so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon, so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Front desk gal, Rachel was helpful and kind in attitude. We appreciated her efforts in everything we asked for....with a smile! Many times people often complain when they are dissatisfied. We just want to go the distance to complement Rachel for a job well done!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vera L
Mehvish A, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Vera L,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review for us! We pride ourselves in providing the best services for our guests and we are glad that you had enjoyed your stay. I will make sure to congratulate Rachel on her success and I do hope that you visit us again!

Once again, thank you, and have a wonderful day!
Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have family in Orlando and travel there frequently. We stayed in this hotel for the first time recently and had a very good experience. The rates were reasonable, the free breakfast was quite good, and the room was better than average. This has become our new first choice when staying in Orlando.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ddocean
Stuart B, Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Good afternoon DDocean,

Thank you very kindly for the review of my Comfort Suites. I am glad you found this location a great vacation spot for your family.

The Morning breakfast allows everyone in the family to choose what they like to eat and its included within your rate complimentary.

Please contact us directly when you plan for a return visit. I will be happy to assist with any questions you may have.
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel is convenient to UCF. That's all I can say in its favor. The room was shabby, and the mattress (a lumpy, very thin pad) on the fold-out couch was so uncomfortable that my daughter slept on the floor. The tub did not work well; when we finally got the control unstuck, the tap dripped all night.
The soda machines were not stocked. When I finally found one, it gave me the wrong selection. The front desk clerk not only refused a refund, he was rude and condescending about it.
The breakfast buffet was a disappointment; there was not enough waffle batter and the apples were so bruised, they were inedible.
For the price, you can do a lot better.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Arabella60
Stuart B, General Manager at Comfort Suites UCF / Research Park, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Arabella60

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that your stay was not more comfort.

We want our guest to have the best stay possible, where everything is in perfect working order. I
am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel so we can discuss this personally. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns, so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon, so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your stay.