“An experience you must have”

Marriott's Grande Vista
Ranked #61 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“An experience you must have”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

The smaller size of this resort says "cozy" and made my family feel at home. We have stayed at other Marriott resorts, but this one had a certain charm that made it memorable. The unique daily activities proved a fun distraction from the room and the reasonable spa prices made my trip complete.

The convenience of having Sea World within walking distance made our two day passes worth the money. From our room window, we could even see fireworks from Sea World reflecting off the lake. We took the short drive to Disney for the remainder of our stay.

The location, ambiance, and overall accessibility of this resort makes it a gem. You should definitely stay the next time you vist Orlando.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank JTravelista

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (995)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Connecticut
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Let me preface by stating that my daughter and I accompanied my husband on a business trip so we didn't actually choose this hotel. I would think this hotel would be great if you are a golfer-period. We also did not have a car and there is NOTHING, you can walk to. There are not even sidewalks on International Drive where this resort is located.

The resort is very large and very spread out. There are several pools, but if you have kids and they want to be close to the larger pools, that are more geared towards kids, do not stay at the back of the property. Stay in the back if you want peace and quiet, but be forewarned, that the back buildings (at least #90) are in need of attention.
I was disappointed in the food choices here and there is no where to walk to if you don't like it. We had dinner in Nick's the first night, mediocre at best we thought. The food by the pool was from The Cove and was basically pizza and fried foods. We did not try the other on site restaurant.
We had a one bedroom villa. The layout is odd, with the tub in the bedroom and the bathroom door in the bedroom as well. It was very loud if someone was in the shower or flushed the toilet. The toiletries were basically non-existent. They did not even supply hair conditioner. It has been a long time since I have been to a hotel with no conditioner or at least conditioning shampoo. The kitchen was well equipped.
Maid service was disappointing. They knew there were three of us in the villa, yet each day we only received two towels. Some times, the coffee pot was not cleaned out. We were left a new coffee packet, but never any creams or sugars.
The most positive report would be for the bellhops. These guys were great, driving us to the main entrance off International Drive to catch a trolley or back to our room from there.
We took the trolley to Sea World, which was easy. But beware the return trip has you crossing an extremely busy, fast-moving road, with no stoplight or crosswalk, quite dangerous in the dark. We also took a taxi to animal Kingdom ($35) and a taxi back from Epcot ($25).
All in all, for us, I can see no reason to return here.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank odie1
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We stayed in the smallest unit, the 'hotel' /efficiency room, which was spacious and very well appointed. The balcony added to the spacious feel, The mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker and toaster plus basic dishes and utensils made breakfast and snacks/drinks easy in the room. The pools were lovely, and offerred variety into quiter ones vs. ones with attractions for kids. The grounds were very well mainanted and there were lots of lovely areas for walking around the 'lake' and property. Some areas were undergoing big renovations, but we were not located near them.

If you stay here as a time share owner and/or exchange, then there is only weekly cleaning included, but you cna pay extra for midweek cleaning. If you stay here as a nightly rental, then it is cleaned daily.

Location was very near Sea World, so between Disneys and Universal theme parks.

You really need a car here...unless you are willing to take a lot of taxis.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sallytravels
russia
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We lived in an apartment. Paid by timeshare week. No additional cost. Parking is free. Rooms are cleaned once a week. Small kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, sink.
Coffee, dishwashing detergent.
The territory of the hotel much. In the center of the lake with a fountain and a bridge, a stylized lighthouse and the beach.
Programme of events for the week.
Three pools. Each hot tub. Work up to 10. The pool next to the lighthouse restaurant. Swimming pool on the opposite side of the lake from the lighthouse with the children's water activities, fountains, cannons.
The third pool area grill outdoors. All very nice. But, unfortunately, in the evening on a warm grill come running cockroaches. That was the only drawback.
Sports activities, boat rentals available at an additional cost.
The location is excellent. Quite close to Seaworld

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank diinRu
Monroe, CT
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Stayed here in January 2011. My wife and I went away for a week to get away from the snow in New England. We were very pleased with our rooms. Everything was clean, furniture was comfortable and everything was in good working order.

We spent a few days at Disney and also went to Universal Studios. Both parks were a short drive from the resort. Can't comment on the activities at the resort as we really didn't spend much time there during the day.

Purchased discounted park tickets from the desk in the lobby. Everyone we dealt with was extremely friendly and helpful. We did witness a rude guest who was checking in giving the girl behind the counter a hard time because the resort couldn't accommodate his unwarranted upgrade request. She was very polite and apologetic even though she should have told him to take a hike.

Overall a very good experience. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank porterkids
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed at Grande Vista prior to leaving on a cruise for two nights. Got a pretty good rate for the 2 bedroom suite, and it was large and spacious with 2 balconies and pretty views of a pool and golf course. The property is HUGE, with several pools, restaurants, and lots of activities.

The room had great appliances, including a washer/dryer, and the Jacuzzi tub was an unexpected bonus.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, and even gave me a ride to my building at 1:00am after a friend had dropped me off at the lobby. I had checked in late, and my husband was arriving even later with the car. When the receptionist saw that I had no vehicle she quickly offered a security guard to give me a ride!

The only downside was that the room and furnishings were in desperate need of some TLC. They were nearly all battered and bruised. It was a bit disappointing considering the overall luxury of the resort.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Wanderlust_Elevated
Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We stayed in building 95 for nine days in September. It was remodeled and it was a perfect one bedroom suite for a family of 3. LOOOOVE the jetted tub! The place was fully stocked so I didn't have to worry about much. If you want a view, stay on the 4th floor or higher. We were on the 3rd floor and we had a view of the back of the trees. Our friend was on the 4th floor and he had a great view. They do have a little place where you can buy groceries but it was expensive. I guess that may be the price you pay for convenience. The pools were great for my 20 month old and me. There is a bar close to the pool so if you wanted to pick up the occasional drink it was close by. There are some specials on some nights that made it seem that the drinks weren't too expensive. I loved how they posted a list of events for each day in the elevator. It was helpful for me to know how to plan my day. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. My only complaint was the noise from the kids above us. I guess the parents were letting them jump around like crazy and we heard all of it! Oh, the Maze for kids is amazing to let the kids run off some steam and stay out of the hot, hot heat of Florida. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family