“Excellent resort facility with great location”

Marriott's Grande Vista
Ranked #65 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We've stayed a couple of times at this Marriott resort in Orlando, most recently in Nov. 2012. First off, the location is superb - you're literally right down the street from SeaWorld (if you care), but a quick 10 min. drive from Disney parks, Downtown Disney, Universal and other attractions. The location was super convenient, especially after a long day at a theme park.

The facilities and grounds are very well maintained and the staff were always friendly. Our rooms had everything we needed for a week-long stay and the kitchen came in handy. I used the fitness center a couple of times and it's well-equipped, but it does get a bit crowded in the mornings (and kind of annoying when some people bring their cell phones to talk while on the treadmill...ahem).

I have only 2 complaints: 1) The sofa beds are pretty uncomfortable. My daughter and I had to keep swapping so that one person didn't have to suffer the whole week. 2) The wireless internet is great when no one else is using it, but in the evenings it becomes worthlessly slow. They need to upgrade to wireless N, and ensure they have enough bandwidth for all the guests (their wireless G tells me they didn't anticipate the smartphone era).

Otherwise it's a really nice place and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 November 2012

We stayed here for a week in October while visiting Disney World. We have 2 8 year olds, so extra space is very appreciated! Our room was a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom with a full kitchen and washer dryer. Master bedroom has a king size bed, jacuzzi tub, shower, 2 sinks and a toilet (toilet and shower in separate room). 2nd bedroom had 2 queen beds (not in all rooms) and a bathroom with tub/shower, sink and toilet. Living room/dining room was comfortable. Kitchen well equipped. 3 flat TVs. Beds were comfortable. Everything was in perfect working order. The two main pools are gorgeous. There is an ice cream parlor, spa, and fitness center. Parking was never a problem, although resort was sold out. There were many activities for all ages, but unfortunately we did not have time to try any. There is a bar/grill near the pool, a full service restaurant, and a pizza/express. We did not eat at any so I can't comment.

Close to Seaworld and a short drive to Disney Parks.

Will definately be returning but perhaps next time we will spend more time at the resort, as it really looks like a lot to do and fun!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Have stayed here before but this was our first time in a 3 BR. We stayed two weeks, first of which four of our best friends stayed with us. The second week our daughter, her husband & our two grandkids came. The 3 BR units are on the ends of each building & our beautiful view overlooked the lake & we could see the main part of the complex on the other side which our side was connected to by a walking bridge. We prefer staying in the West Village. It is the newest area of the property but all areas are very nice. Check-in was a breeze & everyone at the resort was so friendly & helpful. Lots of activities for the kids. Grandson loved the fishing in the lake. They rent a rod & reel for $5 & he caught a huge bass. S'mores every night 8pm. Nick's Grill was great for breakfast & dinner. Pizza Hut Express & other small deli restaurant good also. Exercise room was very well equipped. My friend the first week got me started & I went every morning for about an hour. Had to work off some of all the calories I was eating. Pools & grounds were awesome! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Like Buildings #78 & #84 overlooking pool or lake in the West Village.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank michael y
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Check in was a breeze. Room was large & very clean with large comfortable bed & good shower, also very quiet.
All staff we interacted with were very helpful & friendly.
Bar & table areas were clean at the poolside restaurant, food was just fast food burgers etc, but reasonably priced & tasty.
The resort was huge but handy for the Orlando attractions.
Would certainly use again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BriBriUK
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Stayed at the Grande Vista while doing a week of Disney. My wife and I agreed it would have been nice just to stay and play/relax at the Grande Vista property. Our 2 bedroom condo was roomy, clean, and well kept. Staff was wonderful. Nice view of the lake from most rooms it appears. We had no trouble with noise but I could see how that might be a problem if your room was looking out at one of the pools. The kids loved the pool and the poolside restaurant, Copa Loco dished out some good grub. Love to go back.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Svs1964
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I stayed here for 5 days after exchanging my timeshare. I went with some girlfriends for a bachelorette spa get away. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite and it was great. The beds were comfy and I slep well. The bachelorette however did not sleep well. She did not like the bed and stayed in the main bedroom (I stayed in the second bedroom). It was the weekend of Hurricane sandy so it was windy and apparently being a light sleeper the howling wind kept her awake. I on the other hand did not hear a thing as the second room seemed to be a different angle (you could hear it in the main area and master bedroom). Also, we were on a top floor.

The elevator had a mat that smelled like a rubber factory so we used the stairs the whole time. It was a good 6 floor workout:)

The facility has a lot of amenities such as a pizza hut, half size golf course, several pools, a spa, kids area and gym.

We ate at the golf course bar and the food was good. The bartender was very nice, attentive and personable.

We used the spa for a few treatments. The staff was wonderful and the spa itself was nice. They have a steam room (we didn't use it since it is like walking outside in Florida during the summer) and a few treatment rooms. I had a stone massage and a pedicure. The therapist was great and the pedicurist was wonderful. She even gave me a touch up the day I went home as one of my toes was cracked (I kicked something running around).

Now, here is the deal. In order to get to the spa you have to walk past the kids activity center, public computers and down the hall from check in. I had my massage in the couples room and the entire time I was there I could hear some wretched woman screaming at her children. They need to reinforce the walls. It was terrible.

Also, I know it is Orlando so it will not be a kid free environment but putting the spa right next to the kiddie corral was irritating. They did not put any thought into the placement. Even my friend that has two kids thought it was stress inducing. If she had her kids with her she wouldn't want a treatment to then be bombarded by her kiddos right away.

Overall, the stay was nice and the staff was really friendly. The rooms were clean (we did not opt for room service as it is an additional charge and we can clean up after ourselves each day) and were decorated well. I would definitley stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in the smaller of the two rooms (give the kids the master suite) if it is windy and you have a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kristina P
Reviewed 16 November 2012

This place is HUGE- lots and lots of units. After reading reviews we asked for an updated unit and it seemed like we got it- Building 87- the location was nice- viewing the golf course and very close to a quiet pool. The main pool was a bit away but too crowded. I liked the location of the resort to the Orange County Convention center- enjoyed all the shopping- outlets, theme parks and restaurants being so close. Didn't do any of the activities at the resort but lots were offered. Nice to have a living room with two bedrooms in opposite directions- made it great for privacy. They never once came and gave us clean towels or a room clean - only complaint.

Room Tip: Building 87 was updated.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business