“Great Stay”

Ranked #59 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Moncton, Canada
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Our first trip to Orlando and will not be our last, in no small part, due to this resort. We arrived early in the morning and was surprised to have a room available for us for check in right away. We were very pleased with room layout. Although it was two adjoining rooms, they flowed well together and was perfect for myself, wife, mother in law and two young sons. Spacious bedrooms, great kitchen, laundry, dining area and two balconies.
Although it was a short walk to the pools, it was no problem and was expected with so many buildings.
Great activities for all, and plenty to do. Take advantage of the childrens play center, Maze, and all it has to offer.
Short drive to theme parks with Disney only 15mins away and very close to outlet shopping.
Great staff who are friendly and very helpful.
See you next year!!

3 Thank PopsyVonDaddy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (992)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here earlier this month and had a good time. The rooms are spacious and grounds are kept very nice. The resort is just a short drive from all the disney parks and May restaurants and shopping. We used the pool once and had a good time there. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed October 2013
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Visited Marriott Grande Vista for Halloween Horror Nights In October 2013 and was impressed with the property. Grande Vista is part of the vacation club and there is no doubt about the class, luxury and style of the property. The villas are immaculate, spacious and modern. The amenities are first class, if you're a golfer this is your place.(Golf course and golf academy). However what makes Marriott a crown jewel are the staff members. From the front desk to housekeeping, they are cordial, accessible and professional. Great resort, Great staff.

1 Thank dcjedi
Falcon, Colorado
Reviewed 30 October 2013

A little about us before I dive in. We are a family of 5 with 3 teen boys and often times have other family and friends with us. We travel to Florida, mainly Orlando, 1-3 times a year. We own 2 timeshares, one we exchange with Interval, the other RCI. We always stay at the nicest Resorts (Gold Crown). I spend the time and research. This trip my son's girlfriend, my sister and her boyfriend joined us. Son's g-friend stayed with us, while my sister & her boyfriend stayed at one of our all time favorite resorts, Wyndham Bonnet Creek (will be doing a new review there too).

Resort ~ We were here 10/14-10/20/2013
Spread out. Far too many buildings are too far out and have poor views. We were looking at muck below us, thick trees and foliage in front of us (not the very attractive kind either) and a tiny bit of a golf course to our left and right. To get to the closest pool, we had to walk through the parking lot. HATE that. I told the resort I like to work out every morning and would like to be as near the facility as possible, that did not happen.

Grounds
Over all ok, but no nice walking paths to enjoy. To get anywhere you must walk though parking lots. Again yuk. They did not think their resort design through very well.

Pools
We visited one, smaller pool area. It was warm and the hot tub was hot, both perfect. The trees and flowers were very nice. The main pool however was too far away. Would have be glad to take the walk to it if the way there had not been through.... you guessed it, a parking lot! We were so turned off by this, for our big pool day, we headed over to Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Had a blast there, as always!

Parking
Plenty, of course ;)

Room critique ~ We had a 3B/3B lock off (Studio was the lock off)
• Living/dining room – fine, a bit small, newer but nothing special.
• Kitchen – it met our needs (does not provide salt and pepper!).
• W/D was across from the dishwasher, not possible to do laundry and load dishwasher at the same time. Dumb design.
• Master Bedroom- another dumb layout. Closet door banged into the foot of bed. Could not get from one side of the room to the other (where the bathroom is) when the closet was open. Not a big deal you say?? Wrong, big deal when you got people trying to get ready and you are constantly moving out of each others way. UGH. It reminded me of a cruise ship cabin.
• Master Bathroom – No drawers to slide your stuff into. Jet tub was quite nice.
• Second Bedroom – Met our needs. 3 boys had plenty room
• Third/studio room – Nicer than the main master. Much more room to move around. Hub and I would have stayed in it if the tub had been jetted. In the end, this worked nicely for our son's g-friend.

Beds
• Master – OH....MY....GAWD the WORST, and I mean the ABSOLUTE worst bed I have ever had, ever! Even harder than DVC beds! I felt like I was laying on an operating table. It took us stacking 4 comforters on, over 2 night period, to get the thing even bearable. Everyone in our party, even my sis and her boyfriend when they were there for a few minutes, all agreed it was horrible.
• Second Bedroom – beds were not as hard.
• Third/studio room – same bed as ours, but also not as hard. Resort could not explain this.

Conclusion – The staff did try to help us. Oscar from maintenance was as helpful as he could be and a housekeeping supervisor followed up with us the day after we finally had 4 comforters to lay on. Everyone was nice, I appreciate that and would be remiss not to point it out, but...

...Marriott Grande Vista, you can have a fancy pool, plenty of parking and a nice golf course, but if you cannot give guests a good nights sleep, you have dropped the ball in a very big way.

2 Thank LadyFan55
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Grande Vista, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of Marriott's Grande Vista. We are disappointed you did not enjoy your stay at our resort. While the resort is one of our largest, we are also able to offer a lot of amenities and services that would not be available at smaller resorts. We are sorry to hear that you did not like the beds. If you would like to discuss your review with a member of the customer care team, please contact us at customer.care@vacationclub.com.
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Marriott seems to have thought of everything with their vacation club units. Grand Vista is in a great location close to Disney World and Sea World. It is beautifully furnished with great amenities on the property. Exactly what we needed for a restful and fun time with friends.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

As a frequent traveler to Orlando, and Marriott vacation club owner, I've always heard this resort was the nicest in Orlando. Maybe my expectations were too high? We stayed for a week at the end of October 2013 in a two bedroom unit (6523?). Here are my thoughts...

The Grand:
- Beautiful grounds, pools, etc.
- Location was great...10 minutes from Disney
- Very attentive staff
- Comfortable and nice sized beds
- Plenty of room in our unit
- Loved the screened in porches
- Great internet...no problems streaming netflix
- Washer and dryer in room worked great!

The NOT so Grand:
- Musty smell in the unit
- Ants, ants, and yet more ants. When we walked in, I saw a few ants but thought nothing of it. THAT WAS MY FIRST MISTAKE. At that point, and from here on out, I should have asked for another room. My families experience over the next few days included ants in our bed, on our bedside tables, crawling across our iPad as we read a book, crawling by our heads while relaxing in the hot tub, all over the kitchen counter, & crawling along the walls near our suitcases. HEAR ME - every Marriott staff member we spoke with about the issue was very kind and apologetic, promising to get the issue resolved. What occurred next is all kind of confusing. After our initial conversation about the ants sunday morning, it wasn't until Monday or Tuesday that an offsite company came in and treated our unit. By Wednesday morning, with no change, I called and asked about what else could be done as the ants had now migrated into the other bedroom. Again the Marriott staff member was very apologetic, and for the first time offered us the opportunity to move to another unit/room. Though the thought was greatly appreciated, my family of five opted to live out the last two days with the ants (checking out Friday morning) as opposed to packing everything up and unpacking again.
- AC kept the place nice and cool, but struggled with removing the humidity. Every night we went to sleep on what felt like moist bedding.
- Sofa in the living room was fine if you sat in the middle, but if you sat on either side, it caused you to lean in. Small but annoying thing.

Given the same opportunity to stay at a resort in Orlando, would we stay here again? No. The ants were just too annoying of an issue. I've come home with mice droppings in my suitcase after missions trips to Haiti, but I'm not sure I want to deal with unwanted room guests while on vacation.

FYI: I shared all of the not so grand thoughts above (except for the sofa) with the staff via the paper comment card and telephone calls.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sdmiller95
Patchogue, New York
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The Grande Vista is very good. Nice pools, good for kids, gym is excellent, food was good, staff very friendly. Only complaint was, that as a time share owner, I didn't get the room location I really wanted. Other than that, everything was great.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family