“Excellent Accommodations!!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Convention Center
Ranked #274 of 341 Hotels in Orlando

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
gmwestwood, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed 17 June 2013

5 of us shared 3 double beds, two were lovely and comfortable but the third was a sofa bed and was awful. It had holes in, was cheap and springy. Lots of people had complained about stealing but there was a safe and we used it and it was fine. The breakfast, although nothing special had a wide range and was tasty, but the free evening meal once a week was bad and I'd recommend you bought something and cooked it in the convenient kitchen in our rooms. One thing that was great about the hotel were the people working there, they were helpful and generally pleasant.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the free evening meal. Not that guests are likely to use them but the ground...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear Adam,
I am happy to learn that you had a great holiday.Perhaps for your next visit here I would suggest an upgrade to our two bedroom suite which will give you an additional king size bed and a second bathroom which will most certainly ensure you a comfortable and excellent stay.
Thank you for review.
Binta

Reviewed 15 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here from June 10 through the 14th. He was here on a business trip and I came along for company. The pool was clear and warm, though I did notice that it could have used a good vacuuming at the bottom in some locations. Towels were plentiful and the lounge chairs were comfortable. I especially enjoyed the cabanas that gave one some relief from the sun. Our room was clean, had an apartment size fridge and cute little kitchenette area. The air conditioning wasn't working as well as it should, the bedroom always seemed a little warm and I had to keep closing the draperies to keep the room cooler. I did let the front desk know twice that the AC should be checked out and both times I was promised it would be, but never got a confirmation that it was looked at nor were we asked at checkout, so my guess would be it was ignored. Honestly, I really didn't want to spend my whole vacation dealing with it...the room wasn't hot, but it wasn't the ice cold one would expect. It is possible that being on the 5th floor and the 95 degree days had something to do with it. The tub really needed to be replaced...wasn't dirty, but def needed an upgrade. Also, wasn't to keen on the bathroom sink being outside the bathroom itself. The breakfast was nice....but I agree that more variety should be considered...only so much scrambled eggs one can eat! I used the laundry facilities one day...$2 per load for both washer and dryer plus $1 per individual box of detergent and dryer sheets....which wasn't to bad. The store was convenient and prices were adequate, but it would have been nice for the tax to be included in the price. One observation....shuttle buses to the parks are very limited. Not very convenient if you have kids and want to come back before the shuttle buses are due to arrive. Shuttle buses leave around 9 or 10 in the morning and don't return until 7 or 10ish, depending on the park. Get a rental car so that you can come back and forth as much as you want to.

Room Tip: Very long halls. If you have trouble walking, get a room more in the middle. Elevators are at the...

Dear Tysonsmom,
Thank you for your candid and lengthy review regarding your stay here recently.Let me assure you that comments such as yours assist us in making further improvements to our hotel so thank you again for taking the time to let us know of your observations.We look forward to having you back and making your stay even better.
Binta

Reviewed 14 June 2013

At first I thought about giving this hotel a terrible rating, but I think that rating should be reserved for the really terrible experiences, like bedbugs or employees stealing from you. I'm not hard to please. As long as the hotel is clean and has everything they say they have, then I'm okay. They did have everything they said they had, although the refrigerater was smaller than the pics. Clean? Not at all. The bathtub had bluish stains on them that would not come out even after scrubbing with bleach (I brought cleaning supplies just in case). Three sets of sheets had stains on them that looked like blood. The toilet had to be flushed 2 or 3 times to go down. The light in the bathroom wouldn't come on the last night of our stay -it was too late to call maintenance (we were tired from parks)- not even when my husband tried to tinker with it. Therefore we had to use toilet/take showers in the dark or with the door open. I should have definitely listened to previous reviewers, because just like one of them said, we walked into our room and everything looked great at first glance. After a few minutes everyone was freezing, so I turned off the air conditioning. Mistake. The room had a terrible odor, like an earlier reviewer said. After several trips back and forth I could smell the odor getting off the elevator and wondered why I didn't smell it the first time. I have stayed at other hotels for this price range and they were a lot better. Just in case you were wondering, flat screen tvs were not HD, and breakfast was terrible. Everything looked and tasted fake. And to add insult to injury, the HOTEL charges a resort fee of $4.95 a night. Resort?! I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
gmwestwood, Front Office Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Kenyatta,
Thank you for your detailed review.Just as many previous reviewers had commented,we provide clean,spacious accomodations,especially for a family of five such as yourself, at affordable prices.In addition we provide many complimentary services as well as a having a great courtyard pool area.I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the resort but this was clearly indicated to you by your travel agent and your comfirmation letter.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

This Hotel is in a nice location but could go for some updating and management could go for an attitude adjustment. Foreigners running the show that have no clue on customer service, just want the greenbacks. They went into my bank account and yanked $50 a week after our stay for a deposit because they claimed that there was a koolaid stain on the comforter, my family doesn't drink koolaid but they did not care to listen when I tried to explain. Was going to give a decent review but the manager's attitude and unprofessionalism kicked that to the curb. There are other hotels in the area, hopefully they have nicer people behind the counter. If you stay here watch your bank account, $50 is not a ton of money but it's the principle and not communicating with me about this issue, beware.

Room Tip: The value is pretty good for the room but just watch your account after you leave, a week or two aft...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole A

Dear Nicole,
I am happy to read that you were going to give us a positive review and that you did find our location to be nice.Whilst I can understand your frustrations in regards to the damages,I hope you too can understand our actions.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

I stayed here for a conference at the Orange County Convention Center. For the most part it was decent. I got a good price through the event. The room was nice, but the tub could have been a little cleaner. (It was not a mess, just thought the tub could have been cleaner) It was a nice surprise to find we had a suite, the room had a full size refrigerator, a stove top and kitchen sink. The air conditioner did not seem to be working at its' best and there was only a powered vent to cool down the bedroom area from the living room.

The breakfast was decent enough, I would have liked a wider selection but it was happy with it. It is close to the attractions and some shuttle service is provided.

The pool was OK and quite refreshing when I got to use it. Whe the towels ran out, they were quick to replace them.

I would stay here again, but I might try somewhere else first.

Dear AVguy77,
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay.Let me assure you we are continuing to make improvements to the hotel to make every stay most comfortable.I hope you will be able to return again and see our enhancements.