Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Convention Center
Ranked #246 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
“Perfect base ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Was slightly horrified at some reviews on here before going! Don't believe all you read. The hotel is a good base for a holiday in Orlando when you are on the go constantly and use the hotel for breakfast, sleep and day by the pool to take a break. The rooms have a bedroom, living and kitchen area with a bathroom all simply decorated and clean. Breakfast is all American experience, sufficient but much the same everyday. Choice of toast biagel or muffin. 4 cereals. Pancakes syrup jam cream cheese yoghurt. Mini doughnuts/muffins, juices, coffees teas scrambled egg burgers or sausage, nothing fancy and no veg or fruit except banana. Would be nice to see some selection of fruit there. The pool is ok for taking a break from the theme parks and there is never a rush on sunbeds as most people are out! The shuttle bus is reliable and comfortable and Free! Iride trolley is right on the door step and can take you all Along international drive for 2 dollars per person. Don't get hotel to order taxi. ALWAYS use Mears/yellow cab, safer! Hotel staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Denisebarnes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

As a family this was our first trip outside the UK. After reading some reviews I was not looking forward to staying at this hotel, how wrong could I be !. We were welcomed by a friendly face who gave us all the information we needed. Our room was a good size, my two sons shared the bedroom and I had the pull out bed in the sitting room. The furniture wasn't modern, but it was ok and served its purpose. Our room was cleaned every day, fresh towels supplied our beds made and changed during our two week stay, they even washed any dishes that were in the sink. The breakfast every day was hot, freshly prepared and plenty full. If you did not want to eat in the dinning area you could take your breakfast back to your room. During the morning their was also a advisor available to book day trips and give advice. On two occasions I need to phone a taxi, I asked the receptionist for help and they were happy to do this for me both time. The pool area and pool was clean and their was a good supply of fresh of clean towels. If I travel to Orlando again I will definitely stay at this clean friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 5th floor overlooking the carpark and very quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Jan E
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here 17-31July 2014 with husband two daughters aged 16&19 and friend also 19 , had two large one bedroom suites, clean and well equipped kitchen area, comfiest beds we have had on holiday anywhere and I struggle to sleep ! Overall rooms were perfect for our needs. The breakfast was lovely every day, with tea, coffee, juice, toast, English toasting muffins/bagels, scrambled eggs, sausage, yoghurt, cereals, plenty of choice. Free transfers to theme parks were at ideal times for us and we're available to Disney and universal, the coach transfers do also go to Sea World but is quicker to walk as only across the road. The I ride stops right outside the hotel ideal for going to the malls for designer shopping. There is a subway sandwich shop within a five minute walk and also a couple of restaurants. Overall this was the best hotel we have stayed in Florida this being our fifth visit and will definitely stay here next time, staff on reception were friendly and helpful with all our queries and additional requirements.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the 4th floor 415 and 417 which we're clean and comfortable with good air con
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Jegan2014
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Would not advise anyone to stay here . First- let me say upon check in there was a man at the service desk which was rude! -very short with his answers . Handed me the paperwork ...failed to mention the location of the room, breakfast time ...etc horrible customer service skills right there that just made the stay there Un pleasant.
Second- I needed a crib for my son ...so he had handed me a stained dirty pack n play .... With no sheets...I had asked for a sheet and he handed me a queen sized sheet, which in my opinion is very unsafe for an Infant!!!
The rooms were outdated we had a suite the master room had like closet doors for a door ? Very different . The picture don't even look like the rooms. Very outdated.
The bathrooms were not as clean as they should have been. Our TV didn't work in the bed room .

-Later that evening around 11:30 PM my fiance and my 3 children were coming back to our room there were a group of teens that were "smoking " right near the back entrance door .I was completely disgusted .
-this hotel is by far not a family hotel nor a hotel to be comfortable in . I would not recommend it . I suppose the only good thing would be the location!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle C
Falkirk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed for two weeks, from 5th July. Arrived after travelling from uk for best part of a day, they didn't have our reservation, guy on reception was a miserable, unhelpful get. Place was stinking of curry, but thankfully that was a once off, as there was some sort of convention on and this was the food they were serving.
Checked into room to be greeted with a stunning view of the carpark, when we asked if they had any other rooms available, maybe with a pool view, my wife was told " this IS the holiday season" with a friendly scowl. Seriously, this guy is in the wrong job!
Agree with the other review saying corridors were creepy, a bit like the ones in a horror film where the lights flicker and go out as someone is being chased along it, but you get used to them lol.
The lift broke down a couple of times but was fixed quickly. The walkway to the pool is like a junk cupboard, there are tools, plywood, spare parts etc lying around. Pool is small but decent enough, and the bar is fine, the guy that runs it is friendly enough, but it is not open very often.
The rooms were a bit dark and dingy, but were clean enough, the beds were comfy as the mattresses were quite new, and the air con worked, so the basics were covered.
The location is fine if you have a car, if you want to walk somewhere for a drink though you would be better staying around Jamaica court area.
The free breakfast was scrambled egg and sausages, or pancakes, toast or cereal. Fine, before you go to the parks, but not every day.
The village inn next to it does nice food, and there is an Italian at the end of the road called delmonacoes, which was lovely.

We wouldn't bother going back, as there are plenty other hotels/suites for around the same money or just a bit more. For us this place just did not have the bright, fresh, holiday vibe and we thought the facilities were a bit poor. When you have spent a lot of money on a holiday to Florida, which is for some, a once in a lifetime holiday, you don't want it spoiled by a sub standard hotel. The pictures definitely make it look better than it is.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Jengis76
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I do not mind old hotels, as long as they are clean. You can't paint over mold. It was very gross, I would never stay here again even if it was free. The breakfast was not good either. The staff was not very friendly.

• Stayed July 2014