“You just can't get a better deal!”

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Sports Complex
Ranked #255 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Pennsauken, New Jersey
“You just can't get a better deal!”
Reviewed 7 April 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week during our vacation to Disney World. We were traveling with other family members who stayed at one of the Disney resorts, but we wanted to save money, which is why we chose this property. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice everything was, considereing we knew this was pretty much a budget motel. We found it with no problem- it's in a great location right by the convention center, with easy access to several highways and the I-Ride trolley. Check-in was very smooth, the room was clean and everything was in working order. It was so nice to have a full kitchen. We made sandwiches everyday and brought them to the Disney parks with us for breakfast/lunch to save even more money! I'm pretty picky about beds but I must say that this one was much to my liking! I slept great every night. And the room was very spacious- especially compared to what I saw at the expensive Disney resorts! Housekeeping only comes once a week, but the front desk staff was really good about supplying anything else you might need during your stay. The even gave me a list of several local eateries and supermarkets, etc. and how to get there. Very helpful. We had a rental car so we didn't use the shuttle provided by the hotel. We did pay the additional $4.99 for wireless internet though, it was a one-time fee for the length of our stay. WAY worth it. Some places charge more than that for 24 hours. So overall, I am very happy we chose to stay here. If you're looking to save some money but still be fairly close to Disney AND have a full kitchen, this is definitely the place. I'm sure I'll stay here again on my next visit.
*NOTE: I don't believe there is a pool at this location. There's an EXTENDED STAY DELUXE adjacent to this property and it is my understanding that they have a pool. Maybe other guests that mentioned a pool in their review used the pool at that property? It's a little confusing, when you pull into the driveway, the first hotel you see is the Deluxe, then a little further back, in the same lot, is the Extended Stay America. Just wanted to clarify.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KristenJovi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
pdx
Reviewed 4 April 2009

Overall a great place to stay at a great price. I've stayed at some nice hotels in the past the W, the Sheraton, etc. to compare. I found the service here to be well above par. Some of the items in the room were a bit dated but who cares it all works and we had a fully equipped kitchen. The only aspect i didn't like was that the shuttle transportation to Disney was infrequent and the bus was overcrowded. If you stay here and want to go to disney it would probably be easier to rent a car and park at downtown disney for free and ride disney transit. Also it would have been nice to have a hot tub, it was too cold to swim in the pool, but i will be staying here in the future if i come back to orlando.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
fort ann, ny
Reviewed 14 February 2009

We booked this room through priceline. We were on a budget for our trip to disney and this hotel had free transportation to disney (also, sea world and universal). We would be in the parks for every day of our trip so we weren't concerned about having a pool or any other extras - just a clean place to sleep and eat. The bonus? all of these rooms have a kitchenette! Stovetop, micro, and refrigerator. That helped with our budget since we were able to prepare meals. For the price we paid (we did a name your own price) we were more than satisfied with this extended stay. Sure, I've stayed in fancier places... also paid for it $$$. If you are like us and just need a place to sleep and shower in between your times at the parks, this place is great! we didn't have a car and would have paid more than the cost of the room to transport the 5 of us back and forth to the parks. There is a small store/gas station within walking distance, a restaurant, and a plaza with a subway and a pizza shop... I recommend Flippers pizza!

• Liked — free transportation to the parks/ kitchenette
  • Disliked — with no car, there is very little within walking distance. the lynx bus does have a stop right out front, if you need to get around - the routes are easy to navigate and offer affordable fares
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Fergus Falls, MN
Reviewed 3 February 2009

We found the best rate of any hotel in Orlando. Less than half price of competeing chains. I was a little susicious. But, as it was just myself and my son.... and we camp in allot of pretty rough places... ithought if it has a lock on the door and a shower it's good for me. The room exceeded my expectations... as nice as anyting I'd find in my hometown of 15 thousand. It was right across from the convention center... walking distance... Right at the Jct of the 528 and I-4. Very easy access to WDW, Sea World, universal... even JFK Space Center. All major highways are right at your doorstep. We found it with ease. Checked in after midnight and got a warm reception. Room was clean and well maintained. We had a full size fridge, stove, microwave etc and cable TV. There was a pool but we didn't use it as we were gone at the theme parks and attractions everyday. It wasn't the Hilton but everything a father and son needed. Maid only comes once... but this place really "worked" for us. Not too nice and no extras we did not want. When I return to Orlando this place will be my first choice for value.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Next to highway
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank FrozenMinnesotan
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 15 September 2008

Date September 15 2008.
I have lived in Extended Stay America for months before (Once for almost 9 months) and always liked it because of value you get here which is more than just a pure hotel. I stayed here for 6 nights (Sep 10 2008 to Sep 16 2008) and loved it. I get full fledged kitchen included which is best for me as I am vegetarian and avoid eating outside. I got Internet for whole of my stay for small one time fee. Location is also good here in Orlando as its 8-9 miles away from Disneys. Staff is helpful. They also give shuttle to and fro to Disneys which means I save for taxi cab. Rate I got from Sidestep was best. I will recommend this to all my friends and every one who wants kitchen in hotel room.

jignesh

Stayed September 2008
South Royalton, Vermont
Reviewed 1 March 2008

This is a basic hotel with no swimming pool or restaurant but it's easily less than a mile to the main entrance of Sea World. The rooms are clean and have a kitchenette complete with 2 burner stove and microwave oven and coffeemaker. The front desk staff that checked us in was very friendly and accommodating. Most rooms only have one queen bed but there are some slightly more expensive rooms that offer two beds. This property is located immediately behind it's sister property the Extended Stay Deluxe just off Westwood Blvd and a short walk across a skybridge to the convention center.

• Liked — Location was excellent to all theme parks
  • Disliked — Initially hard to find as it is located behind the Extended Stay Deluxe property.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank jdlutz
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 11 February 2008

I didn't expect too much but it turned out allright. Walking distance to convention center, lots of parking, convienent to disney and universal.

Daily rental even included daily refresh service to change towels, make bed, etc.

No frills, no breakfast, no pool. Just a place to sleep and watch TV.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled solo