“Lovely place - nice and quiet!!”

Monumental Hotel Orlando
Ranked #200 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Lovely place - nice and quiet!!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I hate to review this hotel because I don't want it to become popular and crowded :( . I love it though. Stayed there twice and plan to stay there again. It's my preferred hotel when staying in Orlando. I should say that I typically can't afford the pricier hotels, which I'm sure are more luxurious though. As far as $80 and under, this is my favorite. It's clean and quiet. Very pretty in person. It's in a very quiet portion of I-drive. So you're still on the main road and don't have to drive far at all to get the the attractions, major restaurants, etc. The pool and hot tub are very nice! I recommend it..but please don't stay there the same time as me. :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank L M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Wellsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We book this trip through Expedia and with those pictures and Trip Advisors pictures that still left a lot of hidden stuff. The building has a lot of cosmetic defects and issues and needs a lot of bulbs replaced and painting and carpet cleaning and replacement. All the safes are getting replaced they said soon so at this point none of the safes in the rooms work at all, and housekeeping could use some training and major pointers. Tub was never cleaned, hard to get more than 1 wash cloth, and overall semi-rundown place!!!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Fletch26070

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

manchester
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have just spent my honeymoon at the Monumental on Int. Drive. I had read many reviews some good and some bad. Well here's my review. The place itself was clean. I would agree that it may need modernising as it was a little old fashioned but still it was clean and tidy. The place itself isn't hard to find. It is set back slightly off Int. Drive but me and my wife found it very easily. The car park is just at the rear of the hotel and is a maximum of 15 seconds to the pool and 30 seconds to reception. There were not many cars in the car park and the hotel was quiet but if I'm honest that was great. After 8-9 hours walking around a park the last thing I want to hear is screaming kids or general people making noise. It was relaxing and I was happy with the overall experience. I would recommend a car if you are staying here as it is a little out of the way having said that there is an I ride bus stop directly at the bottom of the hotel which is ideal if you don't decide on a car. I would strongly recommend a car, as for dinning after a long day out the last thing I would want to do is have to get a bus for my evening meal, but it's not the end of the world. As for the staff I didn't deal with them much as there was no need too. There was an ATM in the hotel and Internet acces via free wifi or two desktop stations. Would I stay there again? Yes. For the money you pay absolutely. When you go to Orlando you are out most of the day and it was simply somewhere for us to sleep. Considering that when I last stayed in Orlando we stayed at Econolodge next to Friendlys and it was appalling. Cockroaches in the room, musty damp smell, dirty carpets, and to top it off the idiot at reception trying to get me to pay $500 for my personal taxi a week was just ridiculous. If you want more going on at night then maybe Monumental isn't for you but me and my wife personally enjoyed the quiet and clean surroundings of the Monumental. Thumbs up!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank whic
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Lovely, charming hotel with immaculate and beautifully appointed rooms. Very quiet, Service is excellent although the small restaurant which serves breakfast is not serving dinner Monday to thursday. Lovely swimming pool with large warm water spa. Bus stops outside the hotel both ways International drive. Handy 7/11 10 minutes walk from hotel open 24 hours. This is the best hotel I have stayed in at Florida at anything like the price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Robert M
Barboursville, Va
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Booked this hotel through Priceline. It is listed as a three star. The hotel is a little on the old side but they are doing a great job renovating it. The thing I do not like is the hotel is isolated and a little bit of a drive from the attractions. There are lots of room not used and I believe a whole floor is unoccupied. It gives an eerie feeling that you might be going in and out of the hotel without seeing any other guests.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RomirMelo
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

we stayed here for our first trip in america and everything was nice, clean and comfortable, we didn't spend too much time at the hotel due to doing stuff everyday but it was a nice base with a bus stop just outside to connect to the parks and other activities. We ate breakfast here a few times which was nice. The pool was nice too cool off, i think this is ideal for the sort of holiday and it was good value for money too.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clare1489
MA
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Service was great, rooms were clean - we actually changed plans to stay there an extra night. Pool was beautiful. Anything we needed, the attention was immediate. The hotel is on the older side and you can see where cracks have been filled in, etc, but it only adds to the charm. I will choose this hotel whenever I am in orlando

Room Tip: I saw two rooms - my favorite was the room overlooking International drive.