“Park & Fly - The Way to Go” 5 of 5 bubbles

SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport
Ranked #144 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Florida
“Park & Fly - The Way to Go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Even though we are Diamond Members with Hilton this SpringHill Suites is our family's Go To hotel before flying on vacation. It is super clean with a super friendly staff and good breakfast choices. Best of all the airport shuttle is always on time. For just a little bit more than the cost of parking your car at the airport in the nose bleed section for 2 weeks, you can stay at the SpringHill Suites, get a nice hot breakfast, get shuttled to the airport and save the drive time from your house to the airport. We've stayed here the past 4 years in a row before flying out on our summer vacation and the property looks just as clean and well kept new as the 1st year.

Room Tip: Any room is nice because they are all suites. The extra room found in the suites is great so you ar...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank FloridaTravelBug05
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
FloridaTravelBug05,
Thank you for continuing to stay with us. My team works very hard to keep the property looking clean and fresh. We look forward to having you stay with us again on next years vacation. See you soon!
Will

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I did a Priceline booking for a one night stay here. It was only $65 with taxes and it was really nice. The rooms were nicely updated! It was nice to see shower doors instead of nasty shower curtains (it's the little things). The beds were super comfortable. The staff was really nice and the amenities were fine.

My only complaint was the smoke detector warning indicator light that blinks incessantly. In my room it was placed right next to the TV and it blinked a green light all.night.long. It was disruptive. BUT for the price, the location and the rest of the positives, it was great.

I would stay again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear NoleGirl0923,
Thank you for choosing our property on your recent visit. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry about the smoke detector light. I've gone back and forth with the fire department and they will not allow us to move or alter in any way. We hope to see you again soon.
Warrenville, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

While the property and rooms were very clean they seem to have a security problem. After our return to the hotel my son was hungry. I ordered a pizza using a flyer that was in the room. First, it was terribly overpriced $36 for a 16" pizza. When it arrived I was surprised that they told me that I would have to come out to the parking lot to pick it up. On the way back to the room I inquired at the desk and was told that they had no policy preventing delivery to the room. The Pizza was horrible much smaller than advertised and extremely poor quality! I called them back 3 times and was placed on endless hold each time. At this point I decided to drive to the address on the flyer and return the product. On the way out of the hotel I stopped at the desk to inform them of the situation so others might be warned. I was shocked to find out that they were fully aware and was told that people were sneaking into the hotel and slipping the flyers into the rooms. I was told they had even called police. They also told me not to go to the address on the flyer because there was nothing there! I suggested to the desk clerk that i felt that the fact that the hotel knew about this that they should take some responsibility. The clerk told me that she would seek some kind of room credit.. (No credit was given). I have since had to cancel my credit card due to fear of fraud. I travel extensively professionally and am not at all satisfied with the way that this was handled. Nice hotel but very poor security.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear George R,
I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with the pizza flyer company. This has been an on going struggle for all Orlando Hotels. We have had lawyers and police involved with these companies. I've worked in Orlando for over 20 years and this has been a problem for more than 10 years. As you may have noticed during your stay, all of our side and back doors are locked 24 hours per day, and only a guest key or employee key will open those doors. Just like most places of business, our front doors are opened for anyone to walk in. Hotels from Motel 6 to Ritz Carlton all allow people to walk through the front doors without being questioned. The reason is most guests would be very upset if we had to check ID everytime they come in. We have guests that have made reservations in advance and guest's who walk in without a reservation looking for a place to stay for the night. My associates and I are always on the look for the guys passing these flyers out. When we do catch them, we call the police and/or we confront them and tell them to leave. We can not hold anybody here against their will as we would be in trouble with the police. On some occasions the police have arrived while the guy's are still passing them out and the police issue a trespassing warrant. We never see the same person or person twice passing out the flyers. Please contact me or my assistant Michael and we will refund you the money for the pizza. I do appoligize for this as we have been very frustrated with these companies for many years. Lawyers and police haven't been able to stop them either. We will refund you $40.00 but need you to notify us so we know who to credit.
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

This place is so clean it's unbelievable. I did not use the pool so I'm not sure about that but the rest of the place is immaculate. The people are wonderful; the location is great. Nice variety for the free breakfast and the room itself was laid out very nicely. The bed was so comfortable that I fell asleep before I meant to! The only issue I have is the pillows. Horrible, tiny pillows like the Holiday Inns. I will definitely be back though.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Dear MarilynJ6354,
Thank you for your recent stay. I glad to know your room was very clean and you enjoyed the hotel. My Housekeeping team works very hard every day to make sure the hotel is clean. Most of my team has been with us for a long time and they take pride in their work. We hope to see you again soon. Thank for the nice comments.
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Overall a great value in the perfect location near Orlando International. Although I stayed just one night using Marriott Reward points, this hotel is definitely worth the 20,000 points. They offer a complimentary shuttle to the airport at request, free parking and complimentary breakfast (eggs, pastries, waffles, turkey sausage, juices, etc). The location could not be better with a Hooters, Denny's, Tony Roma, Chili's, Sonny's BBQ, TGIFridays and Longhorn Steakhouse all within walking distance. The rooms offer just what you need to get settled and organized. My room included 2 double beds, sofa bed in the lounge area, wet bar and two closets. And I can't forget to mention front desk service: Ivan was great making port shuttle recommendations and making copies of our travel docs. If there was a down side it would be the shower, room 323s shower needs some work but you can tell this is a fixable issue. There are many other properties near SpringHill Suites including two other Marriott brands but for the value, be sure not to pass this one up.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Rikeshia,
Thank you for your recent stay. I'm glad you liked our breakfast and hotel. In the next couple of weeks we are starting a new and even better breakfast with more healthy options. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Here
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Booked 2 rooms at Springhill Suites. Only stayed one night but would return next time we are in Orlando. The rooms were clean and good sized suites. The entire hotel was in great condition. The room was set up with a couch, desk, small refirgerator, and sink in one area. The bathroom had the shower and toilet seperate from the sink and mirror. The rooms were much bigger than expected. Safe in the bedroom is an added convenience. The room was very quiet too. Nice place to stay.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Rdrs,
Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay. I'm glad to know we met your expectations during your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks for staying!
Bradenton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed for one night prior to an early flight out of Orlando. Room was clean and large, plus having the fridge to store our lunch for the flight was very convenient. Coffee served in the lobby was a bit weak, but at least was available prior to breakfast service. Most important, the airport shuttle pick up was on time and the driver was very friendly and helpful. Got a great rate with the parking package.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear AMItravelers,
Thank you for your recent stay. I'm glad to hear the shuttle was on time and that you enjoyed your stay. I have spoken to our breakfast associates about making the coffee a little stronger. Once again, thanks for staying and we hope to see you again soon.