“Great Deal”

SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport
Ranked #117 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 August 2014

After a lot of research, I went to Priceline.com and booked two rooms at this hotel. I like the airport location because it is much more quiet than the busy theme park areas. It is clean and the staff is friendly. It is perfect for business travelers and for our family of five as well. The King room would comfortably sleep four with the pull out sofa. There are many restaurants nearby in the moderate price range. I would easily recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Shop around the prices vary greatly. We got a steal through Priceline.com. The hotel will put a smal...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank beachykeen1965
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear beachykeen1965,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to express how much you enjoyed both the hotel and the staff. I hope that you enjoyed your vacation and plan on staying with us when you visit the Orlando area next.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Got in late; clerk was quick and efficient. Hallway was stuffy. Room had a strong bleach smell and looked to be mold growing in the bathroom. Upon further inspection the next morning, looks like the mold (and paint) had been scrubbed off and the top of the wall was in need of repainting. Bathroom didn't have much ventilation and probably the cause of the mold issue. Breakfast was great and we were able to get a great start to our Disney Cruise at Port Canaveral (about 45 minutes away) . Nice enough hotel but would probably try another hotel in the Marriott brand next time we needed accommodations near the airport..

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nuttree
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Nuttree,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave feedback in regards to your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff as taking care of the guest is our number one priority. I am very sorry for all of the issues you experienced during your stay and have addressed your issues with the hotel both with my housekeeping manager and chief engineer. Our goal is to keep maintain the hotel and guest rooms at a high level as we do preventative maintenance on our guest rooms daily. I hope that you decide to give us another chance when you travel to the Orlando area. I hope you have a great week.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here for business this past week. Hotel is very close to airport. Lots of places to dine nearby too. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Staff friendly and helpful. Has a nice outdoor pool and workout room. Daily breakfast included and is typical what you find at these hotels. Free parking onsite. There is a Residence Inn right next to it if you prefer a suite with a kitchen. The Springhill suites just has a small refrigerator and microwave.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear John B,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your business trip to Orlando. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel ranging from our staff to guest amenities. I hope that you decide to stay with us during your next trip to Orlando as your business is extremely valuable. Have a fantastic day!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Don't let my cleverly negative title discourage you from staying here. This property is overall really good. Any time I have an early flight from MCO I stay at this hotel since I live an hour and a half from the Orlando airport. The staff here is very friendly and accommodating, the rooms are super clean and the breakfast is great. The rate they offer for the park and fly can't be beat. If you have AAA you get an even better park and fly rate. For just a little bit more than the price of a night's stay, with the park and fly rate you get a clean comfy room, free breakfast and airport parking - AND for folks like me that don't live close to the airport - you don't have to get up at the crack of dawn or the middle of the night - for a 6:30 a.m. flight. And the free shuttle runs 24 hours and they are always on time, ready to take you to the airport at the time you signed up for. The only downside is that when you return - it takes FOREVER for the shuttle to pick you up. And after a long trip, when all you want to do is get home, standing and waiting for 35 minutes for the shuttle you called the minute you landed really is not enjoyable. I don't know why it takes so long for the shuttle to arrive since the hotel is only about 7 minutes away but it's been that way every time I used the shuttle service. SpringHill Suites - overall you rock but please improve your shuttle pick up from the airport!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FloridaTravelBug05
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear FloridaTravelBug05,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to give us your valuable feedback. I am so happy to hear how much you like our hotel and all our staff and offerings. We are working hard everyday to become a better hotel for all of our guests and it is great to see that it has been great for you during all of your stays with us. I am very sorry for the amount of time you had to wait for a shuttle to pick you up. I have discussed this issue with the transportation manager as we have been working hard in this department to fix the amount of waiting time for our valued guests. We look forward to you staying with us in the future and hope you have a great rest of the week.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I needed a place to stay only one night, until my condo in Cocoa Beach was available to check in. As a loyal Marriott Rewards member, decided upon the reasonably priced Springhill Suites. I was pleasantly surprised to see how clean and comfortable it was. The lobby had up to date decor and ambience as did the rooms. I want to particularly highlight how helpful the reception staff are. It was such a good experience that I stayed there again a month later when I needed to fly home to California. They were kind enough to help me with returning my rental car to the airport the night before and picking me up, so that all I had to worry about was complimentary shuttle drop off early the next morning. Great place to stay if you need to be near the airport. Highly recommend it and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sandra P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to express your feedback during your stay with us. It pleases me to hear all of the amazing feedback you had ranging from our hotel to our staff. We take pride in our high level of customer service and am glad you had a chance to experience it. We appreciate you staying with us a couple of times and look forward to all of your future stays with us.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed there this past weekend with my parents and my son for a convention in the area. The hotel room was very clean; staff very friendly. It was quiet and an overall great experience. Wish there was bacon on the bfast menu; and the mini fridge wasn't cold at all. But I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Shaliz P,

Thank you for your feedback as it is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was friendly as it is our ultimate goal to fully satisfy each of our guests. We do include bacon on our breakfast menu, however, we rotate our 6 different meats and protiens daily to create a variety for our guests staying multiple days. I am sorry about your refrigerator not being cold. We do preventative maintenance on different rooms each day and unfortunately we overlooked your refrigerator. We look forward to you staying with us in the future as we value your business.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have to admit I travel to Orlando 3 to 4 times a year. And this was my first time ever staying buy the Orlando International Airport. The property itself was nicer then expected by the reviews. I am a Marriott rewards member as well but nevertheless. Everything was up to part to my standards. There was no mold, rust, nor dirt nowhere in my room which was 417 by the way. My stay was for 3 nights over the July 4th 2014 weekend, I would definitely recommend this property. The only 2 things I did not like was the property is close to the 528 which has 2 tolls that will cost you $2.50 total which is a riffoff from but that has nothing to do with the hotel itself. So the location to me sucked it is 15 to 20 min away from the parks( Universal, Disney,and Sea world), And finally the parking is horrible if you go out at night like we did of course we are younger crowd so we were hanging out. So bottom line if you go out be prepared to park anywhere and I do mean anywhere. Even in front of the hotel doors itself but they were very cool about it. So it didn't bother us at all. Overall I would recommend this property YES OVERLOOK the reviews. Like I said I was very skeptical but overall it was worth it and the price we have no complaints! Hope this was helpful to someone else decision in booking this property!

Room Tip: Room 417 was clean and quite. We had no complaints st all!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
flhotelier, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear LeeLeeM2014,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback in regards to your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We did have a big goup staying with us over the weekend which could have been the reason that parking was hectic. I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. I hope you decide to stay with us during your next trip to the Orlando area. We will be happy to provide directions to where you can avoid taking the toll road as it can be costly. I hope you have a fantastic weekend.