“Clean, easy, nice rooms and great staff....”

Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown
Ranked #10 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
nyc
“Clean, easy, nice rooms and great staff....”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed here 3 nights on business and it could not have good better. I liked my room here - that came with a sitting area, refrigerator and desk -- much better than my more expensive room at the supposedly fancier Grand Bohemian (which btw has the weirdest artwork of any hotel I've ever stayed in...but that's another story) where I had stayed on my previous business trip. The Courtyard made it a snap to park (no dealing with valets and waiting) and the Starbucks/mini-restaurant in the lobby was good in a pinch. I must say a word about the amazing staff. They were great -- friendly, accommodating and hard-working!! Whoever is in charge of this crew is doing a great job! They clearly aimed to please and tripped over themselves to help. Kudos to the staff!!

Room Tip: my room overlooked the pool. it was nice and quiet but i can't speak to other locations.....
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Cheryl S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you, Paul L, for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown. We are pleased to hear that our hotel and staff where able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate the time you have taken out of your busy schedule, to share your comments.
When you are ready to make a future reservation, please contact our front desk staff. They are available 24 hours a day, to assist you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

The most friendly and excellent service you could ask for. Want to stay somewhere and have nothing go wrong... This is the place! Clean pretty and excellent service in give it 5 stats in my book. I've stayed here twice in the past 2 years and it's always an amazing experience!!!!!

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank boxcart5
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay. We are excited to hear that our hotel and associates where able to exceed your expectations. It is always motivating to hear that our team is doing a great job at providing excellent service.
We hope that your travels will bring you back to stay with us again. Thank you Boxcart5 and have a wonderful day.
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just stayed in this hotel. The service was absolutely superb. From the moment we checked in until the moment we checked out, each employee that we encountered greeted us with a smile and a warm greeting. I was very impressed. The level of service was above and beyond the good service you typically expect from Marriott. I will definitely stay here again if I am in the area. Thank you!

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank DeniseT32
Hello DeniseT32,
Thank you for providing your feedback about your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown. It is always exciting to know that we are keeping our guests happy.
Please let us know if you have future plans to visit the Orlando area. Our front desk staff is available 24 hours a day to assist you with a reservation. Thank you for choosing Marriott and have a wonderful day.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was my second stay since October, and I will make this my 'go-to' hotel when visiting Orlando. Rooms are clean, Bistro has good food, and the Starbucks location right in the lobby is a huge plus. I don't like the $10 per night parking charge for an outdoor lot that has plenty of room. They should waive it at the very least for Marriott Rewards members. They should also consider providing a shuttle to/from the airport. I like the free internet access and printing availability in the lounge area. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and eager to help with any issues.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Feldo111
College Park, Maryland
Reviewed 18 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I went here for a workshop & was pleasantly surprised by the comfort and amenities available. There was complimentary parking, fine dining within walking distance, excellent food onsite. Staff was super. Left my iPhone charger in the room and they found it and mailed it back to me (granted I had to pay for that), but still.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michelle C
Wappingers Falls, New York
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We were there with family for a wedding. They had and outdoors area near the pool with chair and tables. this was a great place to meet and catch up with other family members, between the wedding events.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony, I do not know why we had a balcony but it was nice, so ask for one.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Friendly and helpful staff, nice spacious room with balcony. Clean room, recently modernized. Rates are ok, but they charge an extra $10/24h for parking. Several nice restaurants within walking distance. All in all a good choice in downtown Orlando.

Room Tip: They have rooms with a balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple