I stayed at the Courtyard Orlando Downtown for business in June 2014.
Hotel: The staff is so unbelievably wonderful. They really make this hotel. Everyone from the front desk operators to the staff at the restaurant were kind and helpful. I give all of them 5 stars. I stayed at the hotel two different times in 1 week. I had a king size room in the corner of the hotel and another one with double beds in the middle of the hotel. Both rooms were spacious and very clean. It had comfortable beds with a sitting area and desk to spread your things. My only tiny complaint is the towels were really stiff and not super plush. The hotel provides fancy hair products and soap that I think were a great touch. I was able to hear my neighbor take a shower in the other room and sometime talk which was annoying but not enough to disturb any sleep or work time. The gym was really nice, and it always had machines available. I did not use their hot tub or pool. I had breakfast there every morning. They were very quick and efficient which means a lot to a business traveler on the go. There was plenty of parking but very expensive to park your car.
Location: I don't know much about downtown Orlando, but this particular area wasn't ideal for kids, nightlife or social hour. There were only two or three restaurants that were within walking distance. Thankfully the hotel had great food. There's a 7-11 next door to pick up water and snacks. I did not walk around the neighborhood very much so I can't tell if it was safe or not. This hotel was relatively far from the main strip of bars and restaurants in downtown Orlando, but they have a shuttle that can take you to/from around the area for a modest fee.
I would recommend this hotel to any business traveler but not for any folks vacationing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown is a top choice among Downtown Orlando, Florida hotels. We invite travelers to stay with us and experience a perfect blend of comfort, service, and convenience. Our accommodations are relaxing and spacious, offering free Wi-Fi, plush bedding, and Smart TVs with Netflix and YouTube access. Public spaces in our hotel are equally enjoyable and restful, and they include The Bistro restaurant and a heated outdoor pool. Stay at Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown for pleasure, work, or to host your next business meeting. Our hotel is ideally located in Downtown Orlando, with all of the area's top attractions - including shopping boutiques and Thornton Park - just moments away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Orlando Downtown Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Courtyard
- Orlando Marriott
- Courtyard By Marriott Orlando Downtown Florida