“Nice stay for business”

Ranked #11 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice stay for business”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard Orlando Downtown for business in June 2014.

Hotel: The staff is so unbelievably wonderful. They really make this hotel. Everyone from the front desk operators to the staff at the restaurant were kind and helpful. I give all of them 5 stars. I stayed at the hotel two different times in 1 week. I had a king size room in the corner of the hotel and another one with double beds in the middle of the hotel. Both rooms were spacious and very clean. It had comfortable beds with a sitting area and desk to spread your things. My only tiny complaint is the towels were really stiff and not super plush. The hotel provides fancy hair products and soap that I think were a great touch. I was able to hear my neighbor take a shower in the other room and sometime talk which was annoying but not enough to disturb any sleep or work time. The gym was really nice, and it always had machines available. I did not use their hot tub or pool. I had breakfast there every morning. They were very quick and efficient which means a lot to a business traveler on the go. There was plenty of parking but very expensive to park your car.

Location: I don't know much about downtown Orlando, but this particular area wasn't ideal for kids, nightlife or social hour. There were only two or three restaurants that were within walking distance. Thankfully the hotel had great food. There's a 7-11 next door to pick up water and snacks. I did not walk around the neighborhood very much so I can't tell if it was safe or not. This hotel was relatively far from the main strip of bars and restaurants in downtown Orlando, but they have a shuttle that can take you to/from around the area for a modest fee.

I would recommend this hotel to any business traveler but not for any folks vacationing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pr0Jettser
Cheryl S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hello Pr0Jettser,
We truly do appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback about your stay. Thank you for the wonderful comments about the staff. Our Service Professionals pride their selves in providing great service. We love to hear when we have exceeded guest’s expectations.
We do apologize for any issues you had with the towels. We appreciate that feedback. All guest comments are helpful so we can identify areas to improve the guest experience.
We hope that your travels will bring you back to Orlando again. Please give our front desk team a call to assist you with making a reservation. Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I've been staying at this property for over two years, once a month for a week. The staff are welcoming, take great care to ensure my needs are met. The location is very central, close to the highway, and the downtown area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hello Heleeene!
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We truly appreciate our loyal guests who have made our hotel their “home away from home”. It is always exciting to welcome back guests such as yourself. Your loyalty and appreciation to our staff and hotel is what makes a business like ours work.
We hope that we will continue to have you as one of our guests. Thank you always for your loyalty and have a great day!
Boston
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for one night for a business trip. Hotel was clean, modern and centrally located. Every member of the staff that I interacted with was beyond helpful, courteous and friendly. This is a great hotel for someone who is traveling on business or who wants to be near Downtown Orlando. One of the great amenities is they have a free shuttle to any destination within a couple of miles, which I thought was fantastic! Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you, Rebecca M, for sharing your experience with other travelers. It is great to see that you had a welcoming experience at our hotel. We love that you were able to use our new shuttle service. Many guests find it convenient to not have to drive to a lot of the local downtown attractions.
We hope that your travels will bring you back to visit us again. Please call our front desk staff if you need any assistance booking future reservations. Thank you and have a great day.
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great Customer Service staff at Front Desk, easy to check-in/check-out. Location is close to Downtown Orlando, so good for Business travel, POOR location if you're doing the tourist parks in Orlando. Lobby and rooms were very well appointed, as were grounds. Next door to 7-11 store, so quick/easy access to snacks and soda's. Has Bistro restaurant in lobby, but I didn't use for food, so can't speak to how good it is. Hotel located w/in 2 miles of major shopping area with major retailers and quick serve restaurants. Charge for parking though!

Room Tip: High floor has good view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tcinokc
Hello Tcinokc,
Thank you for providing your feedback about your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown. It is always good to hear that our staff is doing a great job. We love that our property was a good match for a place to stay while conducting your business in Orlando. We hope that you will be visiting the Downtown Orlando area again. Please contact our staff if you need assistance booking a future reservation. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day.
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed here for one night on business. Being a former resident of Orlando, I wasn't really excited about being booked at a downtown hotel because I know how the traffic can be. I'm happy to say I was wrong. It's very close to I-4, right around the corner from the work event, and tucked away that I didn't here any of the street noise.

The entire staff was great and greeted me by name every time they saw me. Someone mentioned adding the $15 parking into the price, I definitely think that's a great idea. Overall, great stay.

Room Tip: If possible, get a balcony room, it's nice to sit outside in the evening.
Green Features: I love that it gives you the option to re-use your linens by simply hanging them up so the cleaning staff knows not to take them.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hello Ssullivan83,
We love to see comments where our guest expectations were exceeded. It is lovely to see that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay at our hotel. Thank you for sharing your appreciation for our “Green” feature. As a green hotel, we try to conserve energy and water by reducing the amount of linen we wash daily. We truly appreciate any guests who participate in this practice for us.
We hope that you will be back to visit us again. Thank you for your time and have a great day.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. Nice hotel, great location, and they have a complimentary shuttle that will take you to downtown Orlando from 5-8pm! Would definitely stay again. Parking is a little pricey...$16/day.

• Stayed July 2014
Cheryl S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you Nissab519 for taking the time to provide your feedback about our hotel. We are very happy that you had an enjoyable stay. It is great that you had the opportunity to utilize our convenient complimentary shuttle.
We hope that your future travels will bring you back to stay with us again. Please feel free to contact our front desk team if you need any assistance booking a future reservation. Thank you for your time and have a great day.
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed here on a recent business trip to Orlando, scheduled last minute. I called the hotel and Benny was kind and efficient in reserving a room for me, even though our travel service indicated there were no rooms available. Benny also ended up being the first person who greeted me--warmly and with a smile!--and checked me in, and remembered me from our phone conversation! I had dinner at the Bistro after arriving late (ground hold in Orlando flying from Atlanta, for those who travel by air--fun, fun). I interacted with Cassidy and Roberto and Carl and a lovely lady who prepared my food but I didn't catch her name. They were all super welcoming and accommodating and attentive--especially when I ordered a dish not exactly on the menu ;-). It's people like these who keep me Marriott Loyal!!! Thank you!!! Diana

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello Diana S,
We truly appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown. It is always exciting to hear our guests talk about the excellent service that they have received while staying at our hotel. I will make sure that the associates you mentioned read your kind and wonderful words.
We look forward to you staying with us again. Please feel free to contact Benny, our Assistant Guest Services Manager, if you need assistance booking a future reservation. Thank you and have a great day.