Great hotel. Large room, super comfy beds, larger bathroom and all was very clean. Our room rated a bolstered "two thumbs up" from our 17 yr old lad who immediately tried to get onto the 2 ft wide balcony ... luckily the french doors to the balcony are locked solid so no worries about freak accidents (we were on the 8th floor). We could hear the freeway traffic as low background noise but it did not keep us from sleeping. Our room had coffee, a microwave, ironing board, in room safe but no fridge.
The welcoming committee was awesome, right from the staff at the valet parking, $18 ($13 for self parking) to the transplanted Cdn Maritimer who saw to our check-in and looked after our every need. On the day we arrived Crowne Plaza was shooting a commercial in their front lobby and I still felt as if my family and I were their most important client. From car drop to check-in to my room was about 12 minutes. It has been a long time since I felt that my business was important to a hotel chain and the staff, on this day, looked after us very well.
This is a great hotel for seeing the Magic play at the Amway Stadium. The hotel is on the same street as The Amway Centre and we walked there in 20-25 minutes. The return walk after the game (11 pm) was fine with no safety worries. Go to the game early (doors open at 6:30 for an 8 pm start) and see the action on the side street which becomes a pedestrian street for the evening. Music, jumping castles, basketball shooting and buskers were around on this night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, the newest choice among downtown Orlando hotels. Located off I-4 in downtown Orlando, this address provides easy access to everything to see and do in Orlando. The urban, chic Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown is walking distance to downtown's impressive entertainment venues such as Amway Center home of Orlando Magic, the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, 6 miles from Universal Studios, Sea World Orlando and 15 miles from Walt Disney World Theme Parks. The Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown is 4 miles from Orlando Executive Airport (ORL), fabulous shopping, and a vast array of restaurants and nightclubs. We are only 13 miles from Orlando International Airport (MCO) and 10 miles to the Orange County Convention Center, Daytona 500 is only 48 miles away, and we are only blocks from Camping World Stadium home of the Russell Athletic Bowl, AutoNation Cure Bowl, and the Florida Classic. Known as The Place to Meet, the Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown Hotel is a premier venue for meetings and groups, and is located close to industry leaders such as Sun Trust, Wells Fargo, HD Supply, Orange County Courthouse, FAMU Law School, and Orlando Regional Medical Center. We are proud to be a Green Lodging hotel and our dedicated team of professionals look forward to providing the ultimate in service. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown Florida