“Very good hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando, Florida
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

As another person said, our room had the most amazing hotel shower I've ever seen. It could have held a dozen people and all those shower heads were wonderful after a day of travel. But that alone does not make a good hotel, and it is the staff that lifts this one above the norm. We went into the cocktail lounge and were too tired to make it to the restaurant so the bartender brought us menus and then our order over to the comfy chairs in the bar. The food was very good, too, as was the following day breakfast. Another staff member drew us a detailed map to where we wanted to go and went out of his way to be helpful as did the people who stored our luggage for the day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ccssvb, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Hello ADU1986,

Thank you for all your kind words about our hotel! It was a pleasure having you stay with us. I am glad that you got to enjoy that amazing showers in our suites. Our staff goes above any beyond for our guests, and I am happy you got to witness that first hand. We get very nice compliments on our rooms, and our restaurant. All of the rooms at the Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown are meticulously maintained and offer the highest in amenities, including tile floors, granite countertops, wool carpets, real wood furniture and much more. We offer restaurant services from our Bite Bistro from 6:30am-11:00pm as well as In-Room Dining. The hotel also offers a 24hr fitness center and complimentary shuttle service every 30-minutes from 7:30am-11:00pm, 7-days a week. We hope to have you back at the Crowne Plaza next time you are in downtown Orlando.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Korean first
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel is clean well maintained . Most the staff was wonderful the rooms are nicely arranged and the price was very good. For the price this is a real deal . A modern décor in rooms very nice hotel

Room Tip: Everything was wonderful except the check out the staff member named Megan was rude disrespectful a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
ccssvb, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Greetings robert m,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that your check out was less than satisfactory. It was very nice to read of your wonderful experience and enjoyment with the décor of the rooms, public space and friendly, engaging staff. It is nice to see that you were able to experience the true Crowne Plaza in downtown Orlando. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I booked my reservation hours before checkin, and I do have some IHG status, but regardless, the staff was amazing and the atmosphere was inviting. We were upgraded to a suite, and the shower was possibly the nicest of any hotel I've ever stayed in( literally 5 shower heads everywhere) The suite was beautiful and the view of the lake was amazing. I would definitely recommend this oasis in an area of resort overload, close to downtown, parks and Orlando Brewing company for those looking for local flare.

Stayed July 2013
Hello Consultant850 ,

Thank you for the wonderful words! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are located in Downtown Orlando just minutes from the Amway, Church Street, the Bob Carr, and more. We provide shuttle service to the local areas. We get many compliments on the showers in our suites. They offer an amazing and unique bathing experience. We hope you return to us next time you are in Orlando.

Ft Lauderdale, Fl
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at the Crown Plaza, Orlando Downtown for a grandson's graduation recently. I chose it because it was close to the Amway center.
When I first arrived I was unimpressed as the area was in on older part of Orlando. However, once inside the décor of the rooms is very modern, very clean look. Staff was very helpful. It was only me and my wife, so not sure if any place for kids to run. Beds were very comfortable. Nothing about it was a problem. Better than I expected.

Room Tip: My room had a L shaped couch, a sink, and a microwave oven. Parking was $15 per day, which I though...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ccssvb, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Greetings djjjc,

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate that you noticed all the hard work and dedication our staff has for their guest's. Our hotel is located in Downtown Orlando, with shuttle transportation to Amway Center and Bob Carr. We hope that you return to us next time you visit Orlando.

nc
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Excellent customer service, my bed sheets felt rough like when you have old sheets with bumps, I called the lobby they came upstairs with sheets right away but the sheets were in the same condition. The bed and pillow were very comfortable, the room was kept very clean above standards. The deal breaker for me was the room shutters, light comes in bright in the room. I thought I could sleep but with those bright lights it was over. Will not go back. it had a breakfast place but I did not visit.

Room Tip: highest level the highway is write in front so you hear the traffic if you down below.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ccssvb, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Hello wvega,

Thank you for your honest feedback. I apologize that the sheets were not up to your standards, we take comments very seriously and we will take action based on them. I am glad that you liked the cleanness of your room. Our housekeeping team goes above and beyond to make sure that ever room "sparkles".

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I loved the hotel. It was very clean.
Service excellent. Bar tender super nice, very attentive. Drinks during happy hour are super cheap, nice way to relax before going to bed.
Def will go back, its more for adults, but kids also had fun.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Greetings Rosa S,

I am glad that you got to enjoy the true Crowne Plaza Downtown Orlando experience! We like to think that our staff is the best in Orlando! The Bite Bistro is open from 6:30am for breakfast, and dinner is served until 11PM. Our great Happy Hour is available from 4pm-7pm nightly. We hope that you return to us your next visit to Orlando.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I am a current guest with my family of 7 ,5 childeren and 2 adults. At the Crowne Plaza hotel at the downtown location. We're all currently awaiting on our home's avaliability . Me and my husband were'nt sure how we were all going to fit in one room, in the hotel for the many weeks we needed to stay. The days went on and our bill kept growing . Regardless of our circumstances Crowne Plaza hotel ( Downtown location) Has make us feel at home , from the beginning to end.

Room Tip: Enjoy thr royal treatment! √
Green Features: I was suprise at the amount of kindness and determination the employees had to assist me and my family. I've had many experiences in hotels , but this hotel by fair was the best ! Thanks to manager's Junior Ramirez ,Sedrick Tomas and Marina !
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hello andre r,

Thanks for all the great feedback! I am happy that your stay with us so far has lived up to your expectations! I will pass along all the kind words to the rest of the staff.