This hotel is located on the outskirts of downtown Orlando, just across I-4 from the city centre. And although it has all that you´d expect from a hotel of this category, main problem is the vicinity of the highway combined with far-from-soundproof windows. The level of outside noise in my room was simply unacceptable, despite being as high as 11th floor. To a constant rumble of the highway add an odd train blowing its horn at 3am plus an obsolete aircon unit and the experience of an otherwise great suite is largely spoiled - had to use the earplugs to cope with it. Two more downsides: bathroom design with "western-style" doors providing no privacy whatsoever for whomever is using the toilet and letting all the smells and noises in the room; and somewhat limited choice in the breakfast buffet - i.e. no cereals, no cold cuts, coffee (and any other beverage) coming at an extra charge and little or no variation over the three days of my stay. Would have expected more at this level. Otherwise, my room was very nicely appointed and all the staff members with whom I dealt were helpful and courteous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, the newest choice among downtown Orlando hotels. Located off I-4 in downtown Orlando, this address provides easy access to everything to see and do in Orlando. The urban, chic Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown is walking distance to downtown's impressive entertainment venues such as Amway Center home of Orlando Magic, the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, 6 miles from Universal Studios, Sea World Orlando and 15 miles from Walt Disney World Theme Parks. The Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown is 4 miles from Orlando Executive Airport (ORL), fabulous shopping, and a vast array of restaurants and nightclubs. We are only 13 miles from Orlando International Airport (MCO) and 10 miles to the Orange County Convention Center, Daytona 500 is only 48 miles away, and we are only blocks from Camping World Stadium home of the Russell Athletic Bowl, AutoNation Cure Bowl, and the Florida Classic. Known as The Place to Meet, the Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown Hotel is a premier venue for meetings and groups, and is located close to industry leaders such as Sun Trust, Wells Fargo, HD Supply, Orange County Courthouse, FAMU Law School, and Orlando Regional Medical Center. We are proud to be a Green Lodging hotel and our dedicated team of professionals look forward to providing the ultimate in service. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown Florida