“Work Trip”

GreenLeadersGold level
Jupiter, Florida
“Work Trip”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza because of a training course my husband had early in the morning. We were pleasantly surprised by our room! It was very modern, spacious and clean. We had a huge 2 person shower with rain shower and a small living room/kitchen. For the price you can't beat it!

All the staff was very friendly and left my luggage in the storage closet and spent the day at their beautiful pool while my husband finished his class. Had no worries!

The breakfast buffet which was included was very nice and a lot of people hang out at the wine bar. Wine bar/bistro has pretty nasty food though. We actually sent back the beef tips because it looked like a hodge podge of tater tots and steak. Yuck!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kelrock2
Jose A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 23 September 2014
Dear Kaelrock2

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay was. We are glad that you and your husband enjoyed the hotel room amenities. Please allow us to apologize for the beef tips We will certainly share you feedback with our Chef.

Thank you again for choosing us to stay with while in Orlando, we hope to be able to serve you again on your next visit.

Best Regards,

Jose A.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed here during move in weekend at UCF. We booked our room late, so we were 18 miles away from the university, but the hotel was excellent and we got a great rate at the last minute. The staff was friendly and helpful, the pool and hot tub were great, and the room was very comfortable. The property is just off I-4, but we had no issues with traffic noise.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
ccssvb, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Greetings Robert W,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Many of our guests who are visiting Orlando for UCF prefer our location. While we are not as close to campus as the UCF hotels, many of our guests enjoy being within walking distance to downtown’s venues such as the Bob Carr Performing Arts Center and the Amway Center. Our location near the I4 gives easy access to the entire Metro Orlando area.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I do not hate my enemies enough to send them to this hotel. The valet, the front desk clerks, the bartender, the servers, and the cooks in the resturant are all awful. Every part of the visit was bad. When I called the Platinum hotline to complain about my stay, I told them that I did not want to be contacted by the management of this hotel. However the management call me anyway. I told the hotline I did not want any free points, discount, or anything from this horrible hotel; however, the hotel did give me 25000 points for some reason. I do not exactly which of the many issues that happen did they decided to give me points for because I had not interest in speaking with them.

I probabaly could have gotten more points are my stay for free being that I'm a Platinum rewards memeber that stays in the this hotel chain about 7 to 10 days a month, but the service was so egregious that I wanted them to understand that nothing they could give me could make it better. This hotel is not inexpensive. Now ask yourself, how bad does a place have to be for you to refuse to except any type of compensation for their poor service just so you can say with conviction to this horrendous staff of unprofessionals that you absolutely suck and nothing you can do can change that.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark H
ccssvb, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Hello Mark H,

I am sorry that you had a disappointing stay with us. While it is true that you did not ask to be contacted on your survey, you did speak with guest relations who asked us to reach out to you. The points given to you were the amount for a stay at our property. If you would like to further discuss your stay, and perhaps give some incite on how we can improve please contact me at Martin@downtowncrowne.com.

Once again I am sorry for any inconveniences you may have had during your stay.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed one night while we moved our daughters into UCF.
Sure the hotel was about 10 miles from the campus, but a 25min drive will not kill anyone taking into account how crowded the UCF surrounding hotels get.
The hotel was very clean, recently renovated and the staff very friendly.
Got 4 star treatment for $97 a night. Cant beat that.

Room Tip: No tip necessary.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hello Roger P,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Many of our guests who are visiting Orlando for UCF prefer our location. While we are not as close to campus as the UCF hotels, many of our guests enjoy being within walking distance to downtown’s venues such as the Bob Carr Performing Arts Center and the Amway Center. We will certainly share your feedback with our team. We welcome you to contact the hotel on your next trip back to downtown Orlando and we will be happy to assist with any arrangements you need.

Ocala
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel was a great value at $80.00 a night, however when we arrived we were given the choice to self park ($15) a night or valet ($18) a night, which takes the value out of it. Furthermore, the bartender on duty was a real sarcastic b!$&@. When I asked if she had craft beer, she replied "actually all the beer I have is listed in that little book over there" then I asked if the price of a draft was really $8 a glass she replied "yes the numbers after the words are actually the prices". The noise from the highway was so loud (even on the 14th floor) I was awake all night. Overall not a great value we've been treated better at the comfort inn

• Stayed August 2014
Hello hewigold,

Thank you for your honest feedback. I am very sorry that you had some issues with the bartender during your stay. The service you have received was unacceptable, and the issue will be addressed. This is not our level of service. I hope that you will return to us soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

After a bad experience the previous 4 nights at a Hilton Grand Vacations - this hotel was a breath of fresh air! The room was spacious and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially the shuttle which runs every half hour. We were able to take advantage of complimentary late check-out at 2 PM. The location was great for us since we were seeing a show at Firestone Live which was only a 5 minute walk away. I would definitely recommend!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
ccssvb, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Greetings Rick P,

We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for giving us your positive feedback! Our complimentary shuttle service is certainly a popular amenity for our guests. Many of our guests enjoy being within walking distance to downtown’s venues such as the Bob Carr Performing Arts Center and the Amway Center. We will certainly share your feedback with our team. We welcome you to contact the hotel on your next trip back to downtown Orlando and we will be happy to assist with any arrangements you need.

Alvin, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed two nights here while visiting family close by. The location is easy to get to and there are quite a few places to visit near by.

The hotel appears as if it underwent some serious remodeling not too long ago. The exterior is pretty nice and is clean. Luckily the parking is monitored however you have to pay per night for parking which is kind of unfortunate.

The only reason I booked with this hotel is because the King Suite was a bargain. Check-in was a breeze and everyone was very helpful on the premises. Our hotel room was nice and clean with some modern touches. We really enjoyed having the space in the King Suite to relax and not feel cramped whatsoever.

The bed was very comfortable and all sheets were very very clean. The AC works very well and gets very cold. The bathroom layout was a little odd with the shutter doors above the bathtub and no real door to close off the bathroom. This is likely due to design restrictions providing egress and getting all the closet/shower/bath space to work right.

The shower was very nice and roomy for two. Although the shower heads are getting old they worked well. There is a rain head, shower head, and three wall jets that work great.

The room was nice especially for the money. There were a few goofy things about the layout that made it not worthy of very good.

The breakfast was disappointing as it's the usual mass cooked bacon, sausage, hash browns, and other greasy things. Since we paid for it we went ahead and utilized our vouchers each morning. You do have to pay extra for juice/tea/soda which is stupid. I also don't want to tip anyone when I am self-serving my own food.

We did have a dessert at the bar the last night and a few beers. I was pleasantly surprised with the cheesecake and it was only five dollars. Draft beer was very good and the bartender was very friendly.

Overall, good stay, but could use some improvements. Definitely a good bargain stay if you're not looking for the hotel to fascinate you in that matter.

Note: I did read a review regarding construction noise of which I was interested to see how bad it was. I included a picture that shows the site equipment. We couldn't hear a thing on the fifth floor. Also, the traffic noise wasn't an issue in our room even though we were on the end by the highway. The occasional excessively loud vehicle would drive by, but it was hard to hear.

Room Tip: King Suite has lots of room. Higher up rooms have less noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
ccssvb, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Hello Jake B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words, especially about our convenient location and cleanliness of our rooms! It was very nice to read of your wonderful experience and enjoyment with the décor of the rooms, public space and friendly, engaging staff. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your breakfast, we take your feedback very seriously and I will pass along your comments to our Food and Beverage team. We are looking forward to your next visit.