La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Airport North
Reviewed 27 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here, as well as my mother and father. It was a great place to end our vacation in Orlando. We stayed one night, and chose this hotel for its proximity to the airport, since we had an early flight. We took the shuttle to the airport at 6am for no extra charge. This enabled my disney weary parents to sleep in and not worry about dropping us off.

Lovely front desk staff (evening shift). Had extra blankets waiting for me, as I had requested online, and a cookie packet was on my room table:)

The side entrance had tile flooring, and was very sticky and dirty. The rooms are comfortable and basic, good quality for the price. The bathroom is large, but has thin double doors that don't lock and there was no ventilation which was strange. The beds were comfy, the pillows were horribly lumpy and small (bring your own). The walls had areas of dirt and grime, which seems to be a common problem with la Quinta I have found.

Overall a decent place. We didn't have time to check out the pool, or breakfast. This is probably the most affordable place to stay next to the airport.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank HighHatCouture
Reviewed 11 March 2014

In spite of arriving at 10:30AM, we were immediately checked into our room.The housekeeper saw us coming and came to make sure we had everything we needed. This is one of the best hotel stay we ever had regardless of "star ratings"and was reasonably priced.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 611ottor
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here for one night before flying north. Very nice hotel. Large clean rooms,. comfy beds and convenient early morning shuttle to airport. Would definitely return. We would reccommend this location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 February 2014

When our flight to Pennsylvania was canceled we found ourselves stuck in Orlando. This hotel did everything they could to help accommodate us.

It was the perfect transition to our trip home from Disney. We enjoyed the wonderful continental breakfasts and the pool and hot tub. The entire staff was amazing! We will definitely return!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I recently flew into Orlando to help my daughter and family move back to Texas (where they belong). Got the U-Haul all packed up and decided rather than getting on the road at 8pm, we would spend the night in Orlando and get an early start the next day. My first choice was a hotel chain where I am a rewards member. One of those was completely booked and the other was too expensive for a grandmother with a 16 year old and a 7 year old. We wanted a clean room, a good bed for a good night's sleep and a good breakfast in the morning. After going to 3 different hotels right outside of the airport, we were welcomed at LaQuinta. (Those beautiful, gold-trimmed french doors open automatically to welcome you in.) LISA, at the desk, got us checked in quickly and sent us to the 4th floor, not far from the elevator. The room was clean without chemical enhancements. We dropped our bags and immediately plopped on the two double beds. It was a little warm in the room, I tried the a/c and couldn't it to work. I called the front desk and they politely, directed me to the controls, not on the unit, but on the wall (I had found and tried those.) Then they asked if the unit was plugged in. It wasn't. I plugged it in and VOILA! It worked, great. We decided that we were hungry and walked toward the TGIF's across the street. The grandkids decided that they would rather have breakfast, so we crossed the big, busy street and went over to DENNY's. Had a great meal and returned to our room that was now just the right temperature. We showered--the 16 year old said it was the best shower he had ever had, he liked the water pressure, the water temperature and the soap--bathed and went to bed. Our alarm went off just before 7:30. Man, oh, man, we slept well! We went down and had breakfast--cereal, milk, toast, boiled eggs, fresh waffles, juice and fruit. There was a USA today and two flat screens with the morning news. Oh, and I also used the free wi-fi in the lobby area to get a map for my trip. My granddaughter admired the beautiful pool and outdoor garden area, but this was not a day to swim. We gathered up our things and left about 9:30 with our sights on Mobile, Alabama. We were very pleased with our one night's stay at LaQuinta.

Room Tip: I have heard that there are complaints about airport noise. We were there on a Thursday night and w...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Maffles
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Very convenient for the night before an early flight. Staff terrific. Overall quality spot with a standard complementary breakfast. It is important to note this is a pet friendly venue. Sadly it seems indiscriminately pet friendly. There are not "designated" pet rooms. Thus, any room can, and ours did, have a linger pet smell.

Room Tip: go in a smell the room before committing to it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple