“Dirty and shuttle is worthless.”

Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport
Ranked #307 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Henderson, Colorado
“Dirty and shuttle is worthless.”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I didn't expect much and didn't get it either. Although the actual hotel staff was friendly, the place was very dirty and worn out. Kinda sketchy! The airport shuttle is a dodgy looking van from a nearby parking company, which is not marked as Travelodge. Took a very long time both directions and the driver when I arrived was kinda rude to me. I will not be back.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry that your stay was less than a success. I have look into each and every item that you have listed and worked with my staff to ensure that they are corrected. Never the less I hope that you can give us a second chance the next time that you are in Orlando to show you that we are working hard to exceed each and every guest expectations that we host on a daily basis.

John Cummings

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Turkish first
Death Valley National Park, California
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We booked this hotel, expecting just your basic clean and comfy hotel. When we entered our room, it smelled stale, and the interior paint was scuffed. One of the beds didn't have pillowcases. And there were 2 bugs in the bathroom. But having stayed in dodgy $5/night backpacker hostels overseas, we didn't think any of this was a big deal.

We left for dinner, and when we returned, the 2 bugs had called their buddies and were hosting a party on the walls, the luggage, the headboard, the toilet, and the sink. As we were debating whether we should stay or go, a bug ended up on my foot. I had to violently shake my foot several times before I could dislodge the creepy crawly. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. We promptly checked out and found ourselves nicer, bug-free lodgings, where we had a good laugh afterwards about our misadventure.

I hope this property fixes their problems.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I have personalty contacted our pest control company regarding the issues with your room and I ensure that they have been corrected. Never the less I would like to make things right. Please feel free to contacted me directly so we can work together to ensure a speedy outcome for your issues.

John Cummings

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Livonia, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This place looks like a spring break hotel. Even the sidewalks were stained with liquid something. The bed was comefortable and there were no bugs that I could see but everything was old. Needs a makeover. Needs a powerwash. Shuttel from airport took an hour and 3 phone calls to get picked up. Paid $50 and that is what I got. This was no deal.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I am staying at the travelodge for a long term stay and i have had no problems. I have received excellent customer service from the lady Silvia at the front desk. She is very sweet and addresses me by name everytime she sees me. The customer service is excellent!

Room Tip: The suites are nicer than the regular rooms. The room i am staying in has two flat screens.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay. Our goal at Travelodge Orlando airport is to exceed each and every guests expatiation's that we host on a daily basis. I am glad that you enjoyed the service from our front desk. Positive feedback such as yours truly tells how well our staff is performing. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My first night (of 2) saw creepy crawly critters, namely ants, all through the bathroom area. In addition, I found that the sink area had not been cleaned from the previous user. Complained and was moved to a suite for my second night. Almost as bad - the first floor hallway smelled "wet" and moldy. The suite was clean, yet very dated. Thank goodness I had my own hangers for my clothing.

In both rooms, the TV channel guide in the notebook did not match what was on the TV. A recent change in service?

One other difference between the 2 rooms. The first had an automated heating system, the suite had a manual heating system, which was also much noisier.

Breakfast left something to be desired. The only heated food was Belgian waffles, on which one could put syrup or butter. Otherwise, apple juice, orange juice, milk, coffee, and cereal. Not a large selection. Breakfast is served from 6-9AM only, too.

I was comped 1 night, yet have yet to receive the promised receipt (there was a system screw up?). Would I stay here again? Nope.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John H
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. The issues that you described in your review have been brought to department heads and a action plain has been implemented to ensure that they have been corrected. Never the less I am truly sorry that these issues have happened during your stay want to make things right. please feel free to contact me directly to ensure that I can keep you as a valued guest.

Miramar
Reviewed 10 November 2013

When arrive the room was ready but the halls were moldy smell and the room had had lots of room too short of a stay to give true review the staff was great

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad to hear that your stay was a success. Travelodge Orlando Airport staff and management takes great pride in the value of service and accommodations that we provide each and every guest that we host daily. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon when you travel to Orlando.

Polokwane, South Africa
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We were on our way back to Johannesburg and had to stop over in Orlando. Because we were only flying out the next evening, we started phoning for accommodation from the airport booth. (We were hoping to still do some sightseeing, therefor we did not want to stay at the airport hotel) The other places offered were fully booked, so we phoned Travelodge (last on our list, because there was no picture on the advert like the rest). The lady on the phone was very friendly and helpful, so what could go wrong? On arrival we found the room's carpet was beyond filthy, the TV was old and had buttons missing, the bathroom was in the process of being renovated (looks like it has been like that for a while) and there was a musty smell to the room. I had to get our room keys reprogrammed twice, because on our return we could not access our room. There were only 1 pillow on each double bed, and when we asked for more, we were told that they are short on pillows!!!! It's a Lodge where people must sleep!!!!! I'm really not a fussy person, but this was ridiculous. When we opened the bed that evening to go to sleep, we found long black hairs on the bedding. This place needs serious help. Word of advice to management: No need to spend lots of money on new furnishings, just clean them properly and paint those patched walls, Oh,and buy some pillows.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that your stay did not go as planed. I will look into each and every issue that you had and ensure that they will be corrected. All rooms are cleaned and inspected before they are released for sale to any valued guest. I will meet with the head of housekeeping, front desk and maintenance to see where we failed in your case. I have also ordered more pillows for the comfort of all our valued guests. Never the less I am truly sorry for the issues that you had to endure and I would like to make things right. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.