“bad hotel”

Ranked #303 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Lewiston, Maine
“bad hotel”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

i stayed back in october 29th to november 1st 2013 for 3 days paid about 66.00 for all 3 nights room was moldy and very noisy area people was rude but the only person i liked was the front desk lady she was white and in her 50s hottub was great and pool is good too so is breakfast but rooms are bad. there was a guy who opened my door to try to see my wife naked i was pissed i found out he has done this over 30 times he should be fired

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Thank you for your comments and taking the time to write a review. I am truly sorry that your stay was less then a success and I ensure that I will look into each and every issue that you had. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions comments or concerns that you may have.

Best Regards,

John Cummings

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed at travelodge and I paid with cash when I checked in, when I checked out they charged my card for the room as well. I told the lady at the desk she told me that the hotel manager John would handle it. I've tried multiple times to get in touch with someone to help me get the charge reverse including John and no one seems to care or is trying to get my money back. Obviously the man at the desk who works at night stole my money and my guess it happens often since theirs no urgency to help me get my money back. Its been over two weeks and im still trying to get my money. STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

• Stayed November 2013
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I have looked into your case promptly when you contacted the hotel. It shows that your credit card was swiped and you singed that this was going to be your method of payment. Also I have reviewed the front desk security tapes and do not see you paying cash. The employee that you are referring to has worked with the company for some time and we do not have such issues with him.

John Cummings

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I want to say that the front desk (Debbie) an amazingly friendly Travelodge Worker when entering till you depart treats you like a family with a colgate smile and if every hotel has someone like Debbie I would not know where to check in. THANK YOU DEBBIE FOR MAKING ME FEEL #1 .
YOUR THE BEST.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I am truly glad that you enjoyed your stay and Debbie at the Front desk made you feel at home. Travelodge management and staff takes great pride in the quality of service and accommodations that we provide each and every guest that we host on a daily basis.

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I wish I had checked Trip Advisor before booking. The rates were low, but upon arrival I found out why. The staff were all unprofessional- the front desk lady shuffling around complaining about being cold instead of greeting us (and then complaining about how few housekeepers they had), the housekeepers sitting on the stairs, the breakfast attendant who didn't even come to work on our second morning... In the room everything could've featured on the "There I Fixed It" website. The curtains were missing several hooks and were stuck up there just enough to stay closed but they were always trying to get stuck in the door. Behind the door the corner of the wall was coming off the wall and sticking out. Art was missing from the walls, leaving behind bolts. Also found on the walls was a circuit board (a smoke detector?), a metal bracket (a hair dryer base?), and a big splotch of paint that didn't match the room. The couch looked like it was found on a Craigslist curb alert, so the first thing I did was flip the comforter over and use it to cover the couch. It's a good thing I did because on the underside on the comforter was a blood stain! The bed was hard as a rock and the pillows were flat as pancakes. There were ants taking over the bathroom counter. The ice buckets clearly are never cleaned. There was space in the bathroom for two rolls of toilet paper, but both the roll holders (the plastic part with the spring inside) were missing. The tv is still the old tube style and was about 15", if that. There is a serious lack of electrical outlets... Not just for the things you brought with you, but for the things they provide. You can plug in EITHER the fridge or the microwave, but not both. I had to move the crappy in-room coffee maker to an outlet in order to use it, and there was only enough coffee there for one person anyway. The elevator felt like a death trap. The people staying/living there look shady as hell (and some were even smoking weed outside their rooms). The breakfast is a joke. Waffles aren't bad, it's just that, two kinds of cereal, and bread for toast. That's it. And for the love of god, BUY BIGGER COFFEE URNS! They were running out of coffee every five minutes, which was especially annoying on the day there was no breakfast attendant, but only the front desk guy to run everything. This place did keep our vacation on budget, but I couldn't wait to leave. Don't stay here!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ItsJessDay
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our property. I am truly sorry that your stay did no go as planed and ensure that the issues will be noted and corrected. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions comments or concerns that you may have.

Best Regards,

Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Gotta say "average" cause hotel was most handy for overnight rest and free shuttle to and from Orlando Airport. Would stay there again, not expecting the best in hotel furnishings. The price was certainly right!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ebehenna
Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon during your next stay in Orlando