“Worst hotel stay”

Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport
Ranked #303 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 5 January 2014

On or about December 27, I secured a hotel registration for the first time with this company (Explore Cruise and Travel Agency via USAA ) . I booked a two day stay December 28-30) at Ramanda Hotel, 3155 S John Young Parkway, #2151827 in Orlando FL. My wife and I drove four hours for our granddaughter christening event on 29th. As we arrive for check in I present my confirmation the hotel could not find reservation in both reservation computers. So we contact the travel agency to find out that travel agency over book this hotel (via Hotel Biz) after being informed prior that it was full and that hotel computer was were down. So we were without hotel and was schedule to be at pre christening dinner which we missed due to this problem. The hotel clerk (Robin) worked very hard to find us a sister hotel (Travel Lodge). So we drove additional 15 miles to this hotel. The hotel clerk, Jacqueline, at the Travel Lodge, 1853 McCoy Rd, Orlando FL. show outstanding customer service and had a room ready for us. As we walk to our room we notice that the carpet was dirty and broken down vendor machine in the hallway. But due to the full status of hotels in Orlando due to holiday, Disney, and bowl game no rooms were available. As we got in room we notice that murphy bed was brokend, but I was sitting in other bed resting. Than I noticed that a roach was on me in my bed which scare my wife so bad she would not get back in the bed. I kill the roach and brought it to the clerk (Jacqueline). She was so embarrass about what happen that she want to move me but I was too tired to move. I could not get in contact with General Manager Jim Cumming of Ramada and Travel Lodge in Orlando. This hotel is a embarrassment to fleet of Ramada/Travel Lodge hotels. As a veteran I will never stay at this hotel and hope no other veteran will have to go through this nightmare.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Thank you for your comments and concerns regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that your stay was less then a success. The issues that you described have been addressed with department managers and a action plain has been implemented to correct them. I would like to hope that you will give us a second chance the next time you are in Orlando to show you that we are working hard to exceed each and every guest expectations that we host on a daily basis.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We reserved a room over phone for double bed and 1st floor. Lady stated right now she would have to reserve on the 2nd floor and if anything came available she would switch. We get there and we had a Queen room for reservation. They switched us to a double bed and it was on the 3rd floor. No cold water and the air conditioner did not work. 77 degrees. We complained, and a day later we are still waiting. We asked to switch rooms and they said they were all booked. Never ever again. Pillows are very small and the pillow themselves are a muddy color.

Room Tip: does not matter nothing could be this bad
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that your say with us did not go as planed. I always ecorage guests to contact me directly with all questions or concerns so I can solve them swiftly. Never the less I would like to make things right please feel free to contact me directly.

Best Regards

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Ended up at this hotel out of necessity since our first hotel had been overbooked and oversold. There are so many items to write about, but for John the manager, let me point out 2 good things: Debbie the front clerk, and # 2 the hot tub, everything else was bad.

1st we got our rooms, there was a peeping Tom walking around the premises. The door locks in the rooms we got were lose and not secure. One of the rooms reaked urine as if there had been an animal peeing all over the carpets, the inroom microwaves, refrigerators, and carpets looked like they havent been cleaned in months. We eventually changed rooms, thank God for Debbie as others were not as fortunate.

The complimentary bfast was ok, except that they had the cleaning housemaids doing it, one lady, I couldnt get her name (afro american) had a really nasty attitude and even told people to go buy their own bread if they wanted toast. People that are not customer oriented or people friendly should not be working in the hotel industry.

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank JCaraccio

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. Thank you for your comments about Debbie she is centrally a shining star. Your comments regarding the locks are not consistence with our property as each door lock is checked when a guest checks out. Our hotel is staffed 24 hours a day and a staff member is always walking the property for guest saftey. The indecent with the pepping tom was addressed with law enforcement on the night of your stay. Never the less guest safety and comfort are my up-most priority. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions comments or concerns that you may have. Thank you for your business and feedback.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We got there, our room keys didn't work. They said the battery must have died and fixed it quickly. Alright, no big deal, that happens. Then we walk into the room and there were no towels and one pillow for our king sized bed for two people. We fought for a full 24 hours just to get a second pillow. They said they ran out. Then they said they didn't know about our problem. We spoke to three different staff about getting a second pillow. The front desk woman and night shift man were so incredibly rude when we made these requests. The shower was gross. Our room door died AGAIN and we were only there for a few days. The printer didn't work in the lobby to print our boarding passes. They wanted us to email them what we needed printed, but the computer shut every window I had the moment i hit print so I would have had to go through the whole process over again. The internet was beyond slow and pretty much useless. The continental breakfast was terrible and had no options. It was essentially toast with only jelly as they only had butter one day, waffles, or crappy cereal. We only used it twice to save money and couldn't eat it a third time. Do not waste your money and stay here, do your research and find something better. As stated above, the staff were absolutely terrible. They really should take down those "rate us on tripadvisor.com!" stickers.

Room Tip: Don't stay here - find another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that your stay was less then a success and will look into each and every issue that you described in your review. The staff and management is working hard to exceeded each and every guest we host exceptions.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed here for one night before leaving for a cruise. Our flight to MCO arrived at 11pm, so we wanted close to the airport and cheap since we would only be there around 8 hours. This fit both of the criteria. We paid about $38 for the night and was an easy drive (we rented a car) from the airport, with some places to eat not far.

The place is definitely old. The bed was uncomfortable, but the sheets were clean. There were only three pillows for a king bed and they were pretty flat. The bathroom was old, but the tub was clean and the shower pressure was fine. There was also a couch in the room, but it had definitely seen better days and there was no way I would sit on it. The carpet was dirty looking, so I kept my flip flops on for walking around.

I gave it a 3 because we only paid $38, the sheets were clean, and the shower worked well. I can't expect much more for that price and it provided what we needed for the night.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikayla73

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. The staff and management takes great pride in the value of service and accommodations that we provide each and every guest we host on a daily basis. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you gain soon in the near future.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I just checked out from room 301 after stayed there for only for 1 hour. The cigarette smell room with dirty carpet! At first my husband already booked for 5 daya, but once we entered the room, the horrible smell really turned me down

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank fniq77

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. i am truly sorry that your stay was less than a success and ensure that all issues will be corrected. Thank you for your business and taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Arrived to check in at 4 p.m., room not available for a few more hours. After checking in, walked into the room and it smelled like crap. When getting children ready to be bathed only one Towle in the room. The bathtub would not drain and the ice bucket looked like if someone had vomited in side. When I spoke with the front desk I received a response of we don't have any ice buckets here's a garbage bag so you can get some ice, and as tk the bathtub issue let's see if we can get someone to pass by and take a look at it. Never again will I stay at a travelodge!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank George L

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am sorry that your stay with us was less than a success and will look into each and every item you listed and ensure that they will be corrected. thank you for your business, feedback and taking the time to write a review.