“in need of serious renovation”

Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport
Ranked #308 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Kansas City, Missouri
“in need of serious renovation”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

First they did not have the two beds available and didn't mention it. While I appreciate that we were given a suite, it still was not two beds so my daughter and I were sharing. A simple explanation at the beginning would have been appropriate. Next, the elevators were broke. Again, when you send two women to their room with their bags on the second floor at 11pm at night, you would think you could mention this!!! The room had a huge chunk of carpet where they pulled up the old and just laid a new piece down. In no way did they try to make it look right. The door knob had been replaced with one that was smaller so there was about half an inch around the edge where you could see through. Seriously that is a cheap fix! The leather chair at the desk had the leather completely coming off the arms. A cheap chair would have looked better than a falling apart leather one. Breakfast, oh my, how do they call that breakfast? White and wheat bread, waffles, two types of cereal, juice. That's it. No fruit, no other pastries, no protein, no packaged oatmeal even. We had to end up going over to the gas station.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RhondaA1024
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations.

We at the Travelodge Orlando Airport care about your satisfaction before and during your stay.

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a review on this site. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

We are continually cleaning the carpets using an outside company to do so. We must say we run a high occupancy and the usage of the rooms is accordingly heavy.

Thank you for your time and valuable feedback, though. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Orlando

John Cummings

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Turkish first
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 30 May 2014

After waiting at the airport for an hour We finally arrived and the desk clerk checked us in and sid your room is that way, point to the back of the lobby. Next issue, the elevator was broken and we were in room 350 on the 3rd floor, bags packed for a cruise! Entered room and the floor was stickey like spilled beer and pop around a bottle return. Next, the room was dirty (like a crime scene). Blood on the sheets, and it smelled like death. I was afraid to put my bags down and my wife and mother in-law did not want to sleep in the beds. I called customer service and they said they would refund my money and cancel my future booking for when we returned from the cruise. The agent called the hotel and then called me back stating they could not refund my money and the hotel was not going to do anything to compensate for our situation. I wanted to take pictures and post them, but the family just wanted to get out and get to the ship. This place is disgusting and I will never let one of my customers stay here. I am glad this happed to me and not one of my customers (by the way, I am a travel agent that sends numerous customers to Orlando) On the return trip I booked a room at the Hampton Inn & Suites - the shuttle picked us up in 5 minutes, and the Hotel was absolutely awesome. It was worth the extra money!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GNSATravel
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to thank this guest for leaving comments about their stay with our property, but wish they had brought the issues they experienced to our attention rather than waiting to post a comment on the internet. I apologize that your stay was that bad and the housekeeping has been addressed for future guest's

I am clean freak and mandate this to all my staff. I wished you would have brought these issues you experienced to my attention personally so I could have made an effort to resolve them. This way I could have fixed your issues to make sure your stay was more enjoyable! I hope you take in consideration our point and give us another opportunity to show you our property. Again, I always suggest letting the general manager or manager on duty of any issues that you are experiencing. Please contact me on your next trip to ensure that there are no problems with your room, as I will personally make your reservation.

Best Regards,

Long Beach, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rooms are nice and spacious. Two tv's in one room. comfertable beds, nice bathroom
Great service. Always clean; towels and room.
Friendly people, most of the time; one person at the frontdesk wasnt really friendly.
Nice breakfast area, food was really good.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank travelusa1973
Thank you very much for your review and great rating! We are happy to know that we have met your expectations in all aspects during your stay. I would also like to thank you on behalf of the entire staff of our property for considering us when you return to Orlando. We hope to have the opportunity to deliver another stellar experience.

Best Regards,

Fort White, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at the Travelodge vs. the Sleep Inn, Comfort Inn, and any of the other 5 or 6 hotels in the vicinity because they had a hot tub. We got there after the specified 3:00 p.m. check in and there were no rooms ready. That was resolved relatively quickly. The room had 3 bath towels, 2 washcloths and no hand towels. There were 3 pillows on the bed...for 2 people. The refrigerator was very loud when it ran. The bed was not the most comfortable. The shower had luke warm water...but the water in the sink was scolding hot???? Last but not least...the hot tub...did not work. When one of the guest complained they were told "we can't get anyone out here to fix it". The free "continental" breakfast was dry cereal, white bread, and make your own waffles which there was a HUGE line for b/c the didn't really have anything else. No bagels, no muffins, no fruit! The coffee was horrible. The only positive thing I can say about this hotel is the price was right and for that price I certainly don't expect the Hilton, but I do expect way more than what we got. There will be no return trip to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizaberth B

Durham, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 May 2014

OMG, this place is a dump. Sure, it's next to the airport and that is why we chose it. But that's where the good part ends. The place is old, dirty and disgusting. The bedding was stained, plumbing in the bathroom was coming apart, there were wires in the room that seemed to go nowhere. When I arrived from dropping off the rental car, the police were in the lobby and on the grounds investigating something, perhaps the ladies of the evening that we saw near the entrance. The shuttle to the airport was slow at best as it was coordinated (or not coordinated?)by a third-party vendor who really didn't care. We dropped off our rental car at the airport and waited over an hour for our ride. I must admit, however, the driver the following morning was a welcome sight - on time and willing to go the extra mile. Whatever you do, go elsewhere. You'll thank yourself if you do.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived to the hotel we originally booked with, the Floridian Inn & Suites, only to find out that "the main light in the room isn't working and requires skilled repair." The Floridian receptionist Jackie was sweet and helpful. She did a good job making us feel less uneasy as she explained the situation and described our complimentary "upgrade" to a suite at their sister property, Travelodge. The room was described as being spacious with a full kitchen, pull out sleeper couch, and a Murphy bed. So, off we go, 8 miles away, back toward the airport.

We get there in about 15 minutes. The front desk clerk was rude and impatient. He requested my credit card, but I declined since this room is a comp. Once checked-in, he described the location of the room so quickly that I had trouble keeping up. I left with vague idea that it is "over there, somewhere." We parked our car on the side of the building our room is on. The first door we went to had a card key swipe but a missing door knob. The second door we found did allow us to enter.

The smell of musty cigarettes when one walks in the door is enough to overwhelm one's senses. It's also obvious that the don't have much sound proofing, because we could hear from within the rooms we passed arguments, conversations, giddy children, tvs, radios, you name it. Before getting to our room, we passed a room with a soda machine, an OUT OF ORDER ice machine, and two nasty, well-used plastic gloves that appeared to be left behind by housekeeping. This place feels skeazier by the moment.

We finally make it to our room and open the door. We are greeted with an even stronger scent of musty old cigarettes. (It blatant that this hotel did not properly clean the rugs and ac/heater systems before transitioning to a smoke-free facility.) The smell is bad enough that we considered scented candles. We did a quick tour of the suite and all felt underwhelmed and violently disgusted.

We'll start with the carpets. They are disgustingly filthy! There are stains and burns all over. We did not walk barefoot in the room, that's how dirty that carpeting is. Also, there were nail clipping and other debris that should have been picked up by a vacuum had someone actually swept.

We were weary to check the bed. Our original reservation at the sister facility was for 2 queens and a pull-out bed/couch. This comp has a King bed, 2 fold-out couches, and a Murphy bed that is screwed shut. The bed didn't come with a comforter, only 3 standard-sized pillows are provided, along with a foamy worn blanket with plenty of holes. There was a hair in the sheets. We smelled and touched the sheets; they appeared to be clean. We assume the offending hair was a stray from housekeeping. The side tables in the bedroom have burned holes from cigarette marks, and there is ash residue on the phone. The mirror in the room is filmed with some sort of indescribable yuck.

The toilet and the inside of the tub are surprisingly clean, though the floor and outside of the tub are grimy with dirt and hair. Be careful getting out of the tub, because there is grout missing from around some floor tiles.

The full kitchen includes a small microwave, a luke-warm fridge, a coffeemaker, and a sink. Not what I call a full kitchen.

As mentioned before, the living room has 2 couches. We think they are strategically placed to help cover the funky dirty carpet. There is a flat screen tv, while the tv in the bedroom is crt.

The air systems smell like they were never properly cleaned after the motel went smoke-free.

The room's wireless is efficient. There are not instructions in the room on how gain access, so we called the front desk. They promptly provided the access code.

Break at this place is a joke. We were told it would be a hot breakfast, but it is actually continental.

If we did't arrive so late and weren't so weary from travel, we definitely would have raised more of a fuss about being shunted to this abomination of a motel. We are not usually picky, yet we will be raising these concerns with the Floridian (with whom we actually booked) about a refund; it is not worth paying to stay here!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Allie M

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.
It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.