“25 year olds review of this hotel”

Ramada Suites Orlando Airport
Ranked #247 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Barrie, Canada
“25 year olds review of this hotel”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I booked this hotel for two nights in March to fly home from Orlando. I chose this hotel because of its close proximity to the airport. It is close enough that you only have a few minute shuttle/taxi but far enough that plans don’t keep you up at night when you are trying to sleep.

The good:

In the two days that I stayed at this hotel I did not go outside. However, in the general area of this hotel there are a tonne of options for food and restaurants. The hotel also offers complimentary breakfast in the morning which did include hot items such as sausage and eggs. As some people have mentioned before the beds are very comfortable and easy to sleep in. I ended up getting a handicap accessible room and it was nice. The room I was in came with a dinette as well as a living room.

The bad:

I don’t really have anything against this hotel besides the old musty smell that you can smell in some of the hotel rooms. If this was fixed I would highly recommend this hotel.
Overall:
If you can get this hotel for a decent price and want to stay close to the airport I would suggest it. If you can look past the musty smell in some rooms you will save lots of money and sleep well in their comfy beds.

Room Tip: Free shuttle to the airport. Take advantage of it! Call and make reservations first though.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Byron D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Turkish first
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My husband & I booked a room at this property due to it's proximity to the Orlando Airport and the 430am airport shuttle service, the earliest departure time of nearby hotels. Upon check-in, we reserved our spots, as our flight was at 530 am. The front desk agent assured us we'd have plenty of time.

We got to our room and prepped for dinner with my in-laws. The drainage in the shower was a major problem, leaving us standing in dirty water less then 60 seconds after turning on the water. I then went down stairs to make a call outside and was left locked out on the side of the building, as the key card reader was inoperative so I had to walk all the way around the building to enter via the lobby.

Fast forward a few hours. My husband and I are anxiously huddled outside with other guest awaiting the 430am shuttle. It didn't arrive on property until 440am and because the sign-up list was poorly managed by the front desk, the shuttle was overbooked. How hard would it have been to call out room numbers from the sign-up sheet and kick people off the shuttle who hadn't signed up? We didn't drive away until 453am, over twenty minutes late.

My husband & I had to sprint thru the airport to make our flight. I felt terrible for a young couple with a 515am flight; there is no way they made it! Not cool! Next time, we will stay at the LaQuinta Inn across the street and spend the $12 on cab fare.

Room Tip: The TCB Suite was nicely appointed.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed here after arriving from an international flight and was too tired to drive to my destination about 90 miles away. The cost was less than $100 so it was a good value.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed only one night in order to catch an early flight. Very close to the airport with plenty of restaurants nearby. Room was spacious and clean with a comfortable bed and nice amenities.
Service was friendly and helpful. Left before breakfast so can't comment on that. Did not use the airport shuttle as I was using a rental car. No complaints.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank The_race12
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I wouldn't recommend this hotel. There is no bar or restaurant, it's not clean, the service is awful. They double charged my credit card, They gave my money back after I called them several times and they didn't even apologize to me. Be carefull with Spanish speaking employees

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Amaeli
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed here for a business trip. The rooms were decent- a good size. Bedding was comfortable and I appreciated having a microwave and fridge in the room. It's an older hotel and needs some updating. The pool area is small, but it works. Out of 4 pieces of gym equipment, 1 was in working order. The breakfast that comes with the room price is less than adequate.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Ossining, New York, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I had a reservation for ten nights at the Ramada Suites Orlando Airport Hotel, beginning on this past Christmas evening for my family vacation.

This is an absolute terrible hotel and I spent much time the next morning on the phone with hotels.com to get another hotel and keep my package intact.

When we arrived late on Christmas evening, the woman at the desk gave us a room key. This key opened up a room that was being used. The next key she gave us was also to a room being used and the man in the room was certainly startled. I fear this is an incredibly unsafe hotel and needed to be reported.

Every guest we passed were upset (even holding plungers for flooded toilets!). Some guests stood in the hallway Christmas evening (an entire family of five) that had reservations that were not honored when they arrived.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family