“Great Hotel. I will come back!!!”

Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
Ranked #211 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Los Angeles, California
“Great Hotel. I will come back!!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We came on a family trip to Universal Studios. The staff was kind and very helpful. They helped me to make arrangements for transportation. The room was clean and so was the pool. And you get to make your own fresh waffles for breakfast! My kids enjoyed that part.
I am planning on returning to Orlando and will definetely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Hugomora
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We are pleased that you enjoyed your family trip to Universal and that our staff was able to assist you with transportation arrangements. Our staff works very hard to provide clean guest rooms and to keep the pool area clean. And, they will greatly appreciate your feedback. We look forward to accomodating you on your next trip to the Orlando area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Natal, RN
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I din't like it. The door of my room is hard to open and close because it is broken. The internet is very week, and often you do not get the signal. The breakfast is poor, with just baguel, cream cheese, cofee and an horrible orange juice.
It' s hard to get some help from the reception. The guy that should be there was never in front desk. There was a notice like "I'll be back soon". And I wait for more than 30 minutes to get some help.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JORGE C C
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We have recently purchased the property and are working very diligently to improve our guests' experience. We will have our maintenance technician take a look at the room you occupied and remedy the door problem immediately. We have also added hot waffles to our breakfast and will continue to improve the quality of our items.

Please know that we are continuously working to improve the efficiency of our front desk staff, and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while they were assisting another guest.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to the Orlando area.
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Let me start by saying that the staff at this Red Roof Inn, were exceptional. Since this is newly acquired property for Red Roof, I have to say they did a great job in choosing the Staff to represent the company. My family and I arrived after traveling from Wisconsin to see Mickey for my daughters 7th birthday. We arrived at the hotel a little after midnight, we were checked into a room that had no air, and that had a horrible ordor to it. We did not realize until the next day that the air was not working, when I picked up the phone to alert the Front Desk of the problem, the phone was not working. My husband said we could just alert the front desk on our way out to the park and following our showers. When I took my shower the tub filled with water that never went down the drain. My husband had to shower in my standing water. As you can imagine he was not happy about that. Before going to the park we told the front desk of all the problems we had and the staff immediately told us they would change our room. The room that they made ready for us following our day at the park was one that smelled as if a chronic smoker had taken residence in. We respectfully declined the room and they found us another. I will say that the room that they made ready for us had a nice basket waiting for us and they relaced the phone and the show curtain with new ones.The room we ended up with was a King Size. Our reservation was for 2 beds and they had none available. We relucantly took the King size bed with the kitchen area. The room was great until the next morning. My daughter got up to use the restroom and fell on the floor because after running the water in the sink while brushing my teeth a puddle developed on the floor (the sink was leaking) and my little girl fell and injured her right elbow. We did not to take her to the ER, but opted out of going to the Theme Parks for the day, because of her increasingly swelling elbow. I went tot the Front Desk to advise them of the leaky sink and the accident it caused for my daughter. The Manager immediately compted our entire stay (May 12-May 16). I did not have to ask she just did it. I again say that they have choosen the right individuals to represent the hotel. While we were there I could see the changes that they hotel was making. They have relabelled the doors with the new Red Roof Inn logo numbered plaques. The letters are bigger and easier to read.They are also replacing the light fixtures, they replaced the shower curtains and the telephones...all new. I was told they are pulling up all the carpet, so that should be a change that will be visual shortly. I like the hotel and I have stayed at the RED Rood Inn in Buckhead, GA and they renovated everything. It was a pleasure to stay there and was the primary reason I choose this Florida location.
I think the hotel should work very hard to get the Working Girls away from the establishment. They are a eyesoar and definately bring down the comfortable inviting and safe atmospheer that I am sure are working so hard towards having.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank chloesmom513
Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

I checked in with James he was very nice and helped with local restaurants was very helpful with sending me to the local attractions. I will also say Janice was very helpful. Thank you for everything Jae & Janice.

• Stayed April 2012
Brookhaven, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and I and our 11 year old stayed here for one night because it was close to Airport and we had a early flight out. When we first pulled in we seen our first"LADY" hanging out next door in the gas station. It did'nt take long until we seen more of them coming out of the rooms in the hotel and getting in their drivers car who were waiting in the parking lot. If there was security he must of been on his day off, because we did'nt see any. When we got our room it had such a strong urine and moldy smell and the T.V. remote was not working. I went to the front desk and the girl who was working was very nice and let us choose another room. The room was not much better stains on carpet and drapes and also a bad odor. The renovation of this place was terrible just a patch-em up paint job. This was my first Red Roof Stay and probably my last..

Room Tip: Bring Lysol!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MRFLORIDA1
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time provide us your feedback. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at our property and I want to ensure you that our guests comfort and safety are our top priority and I am glad that you felt that we handled your experience well even if we unable to remedy the entire situation.

We have recently purchased the property and are working hard to renovate and will continue to make improvements. I would love to discuss your stay further with you. Please contact me at 407-240-0570 at your convenience.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I just wanted to say that I had a great experince staying at the Econo Lodge at Florida Mall. The service was amazing and the rooms were extremley clean. I would suggest to anyone that is staying in florida to give this place a shot. Janet at the front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Matt J
James O, Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, 12 March 2015
Thank your for taking the time to review your stay with us. It always nice to hear that our staff meet their goals by making sure our guest have a memorable stay. We hope to see you again soon!

James Ortiz
Assistant General Manager
Derry, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2012

...You have JENNY, you have JEN, you have JANICE, you have JAE, JESSE and last, but not least.... A.J. I have never had such a wonderful time in ANY hotel "upscale" or otherwise than I have at the Red Roof Inn, on S Orangel B lossom Drive in Orlando

They made me and my son feel like family....we will stay there again and again....

Bev

Room Tip: Enjoy the great service...you don't see this all the time.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Bev,

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel feedback regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We are pleased that we made you feel at home, and look forward to accomodating you on your next visit to the Orlando area.