Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$307
Hotels.com
US$152
US$129
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$207
Travelocity
US$615
US$492
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanorange blossom trailenjoyed my stayconvention centerchecking inuniversal studiosredroofhousekeepermicrowaveconsprosfloridaoutletstheme
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Ok, it's just a motel, ok it's low cost style, but... In the first room there was a strong moist smell. Internet was slow, and you often did not get the signal. Breakfast was poor.
It was really hard to get some help from the reception: the guy who was supposed to be there was usually replaced by an 'I'll be back soon' notice. Especially, one of the desk clerks was really irreverent and disrespectful. Once (it was a Saturday morning) he woke me up at 5 am just because he wanted me to pay for the latest two days I still had to pay. But I had been there for one month already (for job), I was not an unknown guest, he could have waited for the morning to ask me to pay or passed me a note under the door instead of waking me up during the very early Saturday morning! Stay away! Do not be deceived by how the hotel seems from the outside!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Andreadookie
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. I apologize that you did not find our service to be at the level we strive for. We have recently purchased the property and are working very hard to renovate and upgrade our amenities. I will speak to each of my staff members regarding the 5 AM wake up call. We understand how important rest is to each of our guests and I will address the wake up call immediately.

We hope that when you return to the Orlando area you will visit us again. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We came on a family trip to Universal Studios. The staff was kind and very helpful. They helped me to make arrangements for transportation. The room was clean and so was the pool. And you get to make your own fresh waffles for breakfast! My kids enjoyed that part.
I am planning on returning to Orlando and will definetely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Hugomora
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We are pleased that you enjoyed your family trip to Universal and that our staff was able to assist you with transportation arrangements. Our staff works very hard to provide clean guest rooms and to keep the pool area clean. And, they will greatly appreciate your feedback. We look forward to accomodating you on your next trip to the Orlando area!

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I din't like it. The door of my room is hard to open and close because it is broken. The internet is very week, and often you do not get the signal. The breakfast is poor, with just baguel, cream cheese, cofee and an horrible orange juice.
It' s hard to get some help from the reception. The guy that should be there was never in front desk. There was a notice like "I'll be back soon". And I wait for more than 30 minutes to get some help.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JORGE C C
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We have recently purchased the property and are working very diligently to improve our guests' experience. We will have our maintenance technician take a look at the room you occupied and remedy the door problem immediately. We have also added hot waffles to our breakfast and will continue to improve the quality of our items.

Please know that we are continuously working to improve the efficiency of our front desk staff, and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while they were assisting another guest.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to the Orlando area.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

Let me start by saying that the staff at this Red Roof Inn, were exceptional. Since this is newly acquired property for Red Roof, I have to say they did a great job in choosing the Staff to represent the company. My family and I arrived after traveling from Wisconsin to see Mickey for my daughters 7th birthday. We arrived at the hotel a little after midnight, we were checked into a room that had no air, and that had a horrible ordor to it. We did not realize until the next day that the air was not working, when I picked up the phone to alert the Front Desk of the problem, the phone was not working. My husband said we could just alert the front desk on our way out to the park and following our showers. When I took my shower the tub filled with water that never went down the drain. My husband had to shower in my standing water. As you can imagine he was not happy about that. Before going to the park we told the front desk of all the problems we had and the staff immediately told us they would change our room. The room that they made ready for us following our day at the park was one that smelled as if a chronic smoker had taken residence in. We respectfully declined the room and they found us another. I will say that the room that they made ready for us had a nice basket waiting for us and they relaced the phone and the show curtain with new ones.The room we ended up with was a King Size. Our reservation was for 2 beds and they had none available. We relucantly took the King size bed with the kitchen area. The room was great until the next morning. My daughter got up to use the restroom and fell on the floor because after running the water in the sink while brushing my teeth a puddle developed on the floor (the sink was leaking) and my little girl fell and injured her right elbow. We did not to take her to the ER, but opted out of going to the Theme Parks for the day, because of her increasingly swelling elbow. I went tot the Front Desk to advise them of the leaky sink and the accident it caused for my daughter. The Manager immediately compted our entire stay (May 12-May 16). I did not have to ask she just did it. I again say that they have choosen the right individuals to represent the hotel. While we were there I could see the changes that they hotel was making. They have relabelled the doors with the new Red Roof Inn logo numbered plaques. The letters are bigger and easier to read.They are also replacing the light fixtures, they replaced the shower curtains and the telephones...all new. I was told they are pulling up all the carpet, so that should be a change that will be visual shortly. I like the hotel and I have stayed at the RED Rood Inn in Buckhead, GA and they renovated everything. It was a pleasure to stay there and was the primary reason I choose this Florida location.
I think the hotel should work very hard to get the Working Girls away from the establishment. They are a eyesoar and definately bring down the comfortable inviting and safe atmospheer that I am sure are working so hard towards having.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank chloesmom513
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and I and our 11 year old stayed here for one night because it was close to Airport and we had a early flight out. When we first pulled in we seen our first"LADY" hanging out next door in the gas station. It did'nt take long until we seen more of them coming out of the rooms in the hotel and getting in their drivers car who were waiting in the parking lot. If there was security he must of been on his day off, because we did'nt see any. When we got our room it had such a strong urine and moldy smell and the T.V. remote was not working. I went to the front desk and the girl who was working was very nice and let us choose another room. The room was not much better stains on carpet and drapes and also a bad odor. The renovation of this place was terrible just a patch-em up paint job. This was my first Red Roof Stay and probably my last..

Room Tip: Bring Lysol!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MRFLORIDA1
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time provide us your feedback. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at our property and I want to ensure you that our guests comfort and safety are our top priority and I am glad that you felt that we handled your experience well even if we unable to remedy the entire situation.

We have recently purchased the property and are working hard to renovate and will continue to make improvements. I would love to discuss your stay further with you. Please contact me at 407-240-0570 at your convenience.