“Great Rate & Late Check in Was Flawless”

Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
Ranked #224 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“Great Rate & Late Check in Was Flawless”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I booked this hotel because our plane was getting in very late and it was close to the airport. It was a one night stay booked through tingo.com. Even thought I my rate was very inexpensive, the room was nice, updated and clean with all the equipment there...coffee maker, blow dryer etc. It exceeded my expectations for this short stay. It is not a 5 star hotel but perfectly adequate for this type of stay plus it was located to lots of conveniences...drug store, supermarket, restaurants and mall.

Room Tip: The first floor was easy to unload our suitcases. We parked right in front of our door. Especially...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We appreciate your comments and the time you took to share your comments with other travellers. I will share your comments with the staff, and hope that we can accomodate you on your next visit to Orlando.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Had some issues as an airline employee with finding a hotel so our company booked us here. We were shocked to find there was no shuttle but our arrival made it worth it. Came in after 1am and Jenifer was fast and friendly with our check-in. She helped us find late night food, an iron and made the work day's frustration disappear.

The rooms were clean and cozy. As a flight attendant who stays in hotels all year, we tend to become hotel snobs, and this was a very nice Red Roof Inn. Coffee was ready for our early departure and we didn't have any issues with our stay.

Room Tip: If you reserve more than one room request them close together ahead of time, this place gets filled...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind comments on the staff and the property. We have all worked hard to update the property, and provide the best customer service in Orlando. We understand that not everyone is in Orlando on vacation, and want to be able to accomodate every guest's needs and greet them with a smile.
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I booked one night. Because of flight delays, didn't arrive until 2am. Still a few parking spots available. Checked in without issue.

Was pleased with all the new items in my room: laminate floor, flat TV, stone vanity, new side tables. No issues with the King bed. Wifi worked fine. My room included fridge & microwave. A jacuzzi was in the bathroom (only showered, didn't try filling the salmon-coloured tub). Vanity sink next to the bathroom.

There seemed to be a constant slight hum from outside - perhaps a fluorescent light. However, putting the fan on covered it up.

There are numerous hotels nearby. I'm glad I tried this one. If you opt not to use the safe, be sure to tell them at checkout so they can credit back your account. There was coffee, but no breakfast provided.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Hats off to front desk staffer, James, for helping me. I booked the Florida Mall location through Priceline and got a great deal except....I had only smoking rooms available for me and my kids and we don't smoke. James also went to bat for me with PriceLine and got my money refunded in full.

James helped me to rebook at the Convention Center location and although not through PriceLine, got a very fair price for short notice and had a great stay in a non smoking, clean, room.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Florida
Reviewed 18 February 2013

First time staying at this location....We always hold with a credit card and pay with debit card, arrived around 6:00 and was told credit card already charged, as they were at capacity and had to make sure the card was good. Latest show-up time is published as 7:00. Went to room (2 doubles) first bed swayed like it would collapse, second bed very comfortable. Very thin walls and ceiling, apparently, as we heard a dog clicking across the floor upstairs. Bathroom either not yet renovated or poorly maintained, caulking falling from tub/wall joint. Unable to get water better than warm in shower, plenty at sink. Mixing valve adjustment needed. Parking inadequate when at capacity, people forced to double park. Very loud group left at 7 am, very loud and profane group returned around 5:30....more at 11:30, sounded like same group. Given the circumstances, no plans to return.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Erie, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We were on the road pretty late on our way to Key West, when we stopped off in Orlando for some much needed R&R. We were greeted at the front desk by Jen who promptly got us to our room, and was even kind enough to give us some tips on where we could find breakfast in the morning. This place seems to be recently renovated and did not fit the bill of your typical Red Roof Inn. Pretty quiet place, well maintained. It is in a high traffic area, so there is a small presence of street people, but never saw anyone who looked out of place at the hotel. We found coffee in the lobby the next morning and John was fast and friendly as well during our departure. We will be sure to visit here again if we're ever in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed in this hotel for four nights (Thursday - Sunday) and was pleased with the condition of the room and the location of the property. Hardwood floors are much better than carpet in my opinion. I had the do not disturb sign on my door during my entire stay and the staff respected my wish. There do seem to be some folks staying at the property long term as others mentioned, but this posed no problem. My only issue with the property was being locked out of my room each night. I had to get my card re-keyed four out of four nights. This was especially inconvenient when I went to my room with bags only to be denied entry to my room. The problem was quickly resolved each night but it became a bit annoying. The location is convenient to shops, restaurant, etc., but traffic was ridiculous on the main road.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business