“What is that smell??? STAY AWAY!”

La Quinta Inn Orlando Airport West
Ranked #239 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“What is that smell??? STAY AWAY!”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Gosh awful smell in the room, mixture of dirt and some awful cheap cleaner. Had to stay here, traveling with 2 Yorkies and no pet friendly rooms due to convention. Now my stuff and my dogs are going to get that awful smell. ALSO, a lot of construction going on in the parking lot right in front of the door. I do not feel safe taking my dogs out for their walk. Can't wait to leave this place. GROSS.

Room Tip: Do not bother.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank goldneye

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Summerton, SC
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I had a 5am to 5pm lay-over in Orlando, Fl. This hotel had no problem with working with those hours. When I arrived at about 5:15am, I was greeted by a friendly and helpful clerk and immediately checked in to a clean, neat room. The continental b-fast was good. I will go back!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I needed a room for one night to catch a flight the shuttle service was outstanding and the people were nice. The rooms were very clean. A good value for the price. The location was okay next door to a auto repair shop. But overall if you need an inexpensive hotel short term it is a bargain.

• Stayed May 2011
Keystone Heights, FL
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Stay somewhere else! My husband and I stayed for 1 night and brought home a severe infestation of bedbugs. I had an allergic reaction and have hundreds of bites all over my body. We called the motel to report it, they have never called back. DON'T STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank flboatcpl
LQOrlando, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Orlando Airport West, responded to this review, 20 May 2011
FLboatcpl – Thank you for your review. I do apologize for your experience as we want every guest to enjoy their stay with us. However, we have had two third party companies investigate our guest rooms for bedbugs and they both came back with no such findings. I’ve reached out to you prior to this but please feel free to contact me anytime to discuss. We would love to have you back at the hotel and offer you a wonderful stay. Thank you again for taking the time to review us and please email or call me with any questions.
Kind Regards,

Katie Orze
Area Director of Sales
n.c.
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Front desk personnel friendly and helpful. Hotel in good location. Room comfortable. Good variety on continental breakfast.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Room smelled like mildew and smoke. Floor was so gross my daughter's feet were black within an hour of being there. Terrible area and poor lighting around the back of the building. Found a dead beetle in the sheets while I was checking for bed bugs, thankfully there were no bedbugs.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank momokr
Montreal
Reviewed 5 March 2011

Chose this hotel since it was near to the airport and we arriving late and departing early, also because it had the shuttle bus service.

Stayed here on the day we landed and day before departure. The rooms were clean, however it smelled musty, noticed this the 2 night we stayed there. Once we put on the AC it was better.

Not all staff were friendly. The person at the front desk on March 3 was very curt and not very helpful. The shuttle bus did not leave in time because the person on the 5 am ride did not come in so alternate arrangements were made by the hotel,

I would say it is okay for a very short stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family