“Average; Not Bad, But Not the Best”

La Quinta Inn Orlando Airport West
Ranked #245 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 22 December 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights. The room was okay and clean. They cleaned your room everyday. Breakfast was good. The only bad thing about it was ending up with one of the rear rooms. You get no reception on your cell phone or computer. You have to step out of the room to make a phone call. The employees were very friendly.

Room Tip: Do not get the rooms in the rear.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 December 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2012

The hotel offers pretty much every convenience that you can think of... from Included breakfast, free internet, free computer with printer (in the lobby - useful to print boarding passes), shuttle, pool, etc. At a price that is unbeatable. I was pleasantly surprised by the comfortable rooms and wonderful service (Kelly at the front desk was the best!)

Don´t expect an ultra luxury hotel, but in all fairness this property offers a clean and comfortable stay at a very competitive price.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is close to the Highway, the rooms that are in the back (especially those in the thi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank eli_puszkar
A La Quinta traveler
Hatfield, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed 10 December 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I preface this with the fact that I've been Elite with LQ for years (gotta love business travel), so I'm definitely not anti-LQ. But this location leaves a lot to be desired.

Cheap hotels in Florida already are a little scary. High humidity and rooms that aren't always HVAC controlled can lead to that "beach-y" smell, no matter how far from the ocean you are. These rooms have it. I chose this location opposed to the one closer to the airport because it was newly renovated & the TripAdvisor reviews were significantly better.

Our room was renovated, I suppose. New TVs, new linens, but it still felt really shabby. Room was by no means clean. There were bloody/makeup-y fingerprints all over the bathroom door (I swear it was blood - my husband either really thinks it was makeup, or was just trying to calm me down) and my feet were black from walking on the carpet. Their breakfast was one of the worst I've seen...all prepackaged icky-ness.

On the positive, it's cheap & the staff was friendly. I was staying on points, so since it was free to me, I just shrugged it off and didn't complain. It was just two nights for sleeping since we were busy in the area, and I had booked a much nicer hotel for our last night (birthday surprise for my husband). I'm sure that they would have moved us had I asked. And the manager did write me a note of apology when they received my Elite Survey after the stay. But if you are putting your best customers in a room like I stayed in, I'm not sure I want to see what someone who just drives up gets.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a first floor room if you have trouble with stairs. This is motel style with n...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrsKruse
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Have stayed at this property a couple times over the past couple months. First room on first floor felt very damp and musty smelling, our spoiled dog zoned right in on possible pet stains on the carpet and would not leave those spots alone telling us they were pet stains. Bathroom ceiling had water damage and the shower needed caulking, but overall the room was quite clean (very little high dust, and carpets, beds, and bathroom looked clean). The was quite a few people walking around the propert, even late at night. This could be because of the restaraunt sharing a parking lot with the hotel. Reception staff helpful, but didn't seem very concerned about issues we had with the room.

Room Tip: Parking on property can be challenging
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family