“Sleepy time”

Ranked #249 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 February 2014

A great place to rest for the night.
Price could be a little lower.....My pocket hurt the most out of the experience,of staying for 6 hours of sleep.
Other than that,staff was great,beds and sheets clean
I'd stop in again if I needed too

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Older property that needs some updating, i.e. cigarette burned bath tub, broken leg on desk and inoperable desk chair. Exteriorr rust and deterioration on stairways and other surfaces.. Positive take aways: eight out of ten employees encountered smiled (all dept...hskpg, front desk, mtn), shuttle service prompt and reliable. Good value compared to "on sight" airport properties. Worked perfectly for returning car rental night before and early a.m. flight
The adjacent Seafood restaurant is exceptional.... good food with easy and lively surrounding.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed one night as flying out the next day. This is an older hotel but the room was all updated and very clean. So close to the airport. A great restaurant on one side called Fish on Fire and a McDonalds on the other side. Nice breakfast in morning. They offer shuttle to airport. Price can not be beat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
A La Quinta traveler
elizabethville pa
Reviewed 22 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Great staff, location close to airport with shuttle service! Restaurant right next to hotel (McDonalds, Sea Food, 7-11)! Will stay again! Thank You to the staff for the great customer service!!!! Keep it up!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Staff was friendly, room was nice a clean and down the road from the airport not to mention pretty near shopping areas.. My flight left supper early so I was unable to take advantage of the free breakfast, I was only staying for one nite so for me it was the perfect spot!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2014

On Dec 26th me, my daughter and husband stayed at this location as we had to fly out early the next morning and were trying to make things more reasonable while travelling with a wee one. I wish I could remember the room number to spare everyone else, but we were only in the room for a couple minutes. First entering the room I thank god but my daughter on the bed, and also thank god did not yet unzip any of our luggage, and proceeding to get take off my daughters shoes. I was under attack.........the room was infested and I mean infested with fleas. I quickly called the front desk and demanded a room change. I then as quick as possible tried getting everything out the room as quickly as I could. Me and my daughter got eaten alive and have flea bites every where. In result horrible experience they did give us another room that night but did not assist us with any of our many items. And the room they gave us after was putrid and very unsettling. We did get a refund in the morning but I would have much rather stayed somewhere else. And in my opinion who ever did the so called cleaning prior to our check in to the flea infested room definitely knew it was infested, And your so called conditioning shampoo is the worst ever. Travelers beware better yet stay away entirely. We have been staying here for years when we need to go to airport. Not sure what happened La Quinta but I wouldn't even give u a star:(

Room Tip: The flea room was on the third floor:(
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mrspissedoff
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Orlando Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

We've read your review of our La Quinta Inn Orlando - Airport West. We're very sorry about the issues you and your family experienced during your stay. It is very concerning to us as well that your original room had such an issue with insects. We absolutely need to investigate why this room was not treated prior to your arrival and we will address this with both our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams. We've got training opportunities here! We'd like the chance to chat with you directly about your experiences. Would you mind reaching out to us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com? We'd appreciate a moment of your time, and look forward to chatting with you.