“excellent value”

Ranked #239 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Sarasota, Florida
“excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

First the bad: To reach this hotel you must drive through a lot of loops and turns. To reach the room I had to wheel my suitcase along an outdoor walkway.

The good: The hotel suggested that I accept a free upgrade to a king bed room. I did, and the room was very nice. There was a mini refrigerator and microwave oven, and a well-lighted table near plenty of electrical outlets which I used for my laptop computer. The bedroom and bathroom were spotless. The bedclothes were bright white and the bed was the ultimate in comfort. A blackout curtain behind the regular drapes made it possible to sleep late if I wanted. The thermostat was set to a pleasantly cool temperature and adjusted the temperature properly when I used it. The air conditioning was both effective and very quiet. Everything in the room was in working order. There was a free breakfast in the morning, including really good waffles and orange juice.

I had to attend a meeting at another (much more expensive) hotel. The person at the reception desk not only gave me directions but actually gave me a map and drew the route.

This hotel was as nice as some charging twice as much. I would use it again.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you like. I said I wanted a quiet room with a comfortable bed. I got both.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michele N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
So Cal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed 5 nights over the 4th of July holiday and we were looking for an economy hotel. The hotel is very close to Orlando International and was in a good location to rent a car from Fox car rental.
The room was clean and well kept. The bed and mattress seemed recently renewed. We had a flat screen HDTV for our use. The theme parks are about 30 or 40 minutes away. The area itself is a little bit down and out. The closest restaurants were Mc Donalds next door and a seafood restaurant on the same parking lot. Staff was friendly. The rate included a continental breakfast that was passable, but we opted for other places or ate in our room. The real downside was that the cleaning staff set the AC at 72 degrees everyday and the room was too cold.
But for a 6 am flight out of Orlando on Sunday this worked great.
Better restaurants were about 10 minutes away by car.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WorldTravelerSoCal
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This location is within 5-10 minutes from MCO airport. I stayed here, because I had an early morning flight. Otherwise this location is not near the parks, or much of anything else for that matter. This is a hotel I may or may not stay at in the future, as their prices keep going up, but the hotel maintenance is declining. The exterior is needed repair, as the area is becoming run down, with other hotels around closing down.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed in Orlando until our cruise. The hotel was very convient from the airport and very accessible to the mall and other eating establishments. A little uncertain when we drove up concerning the appearence but once inside it was very comfortable and relaxing. Would stay there again when in town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great hotel in the Disney/Universal parks area with GREAT breakfast. Also, very close to the airport and super reasonable price. Definitely worth the money, especially with the other activities in the area being so expensive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

North Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Absolutely disgusting.... (See picture of bathtub)... Broken furniture.... Lumpy beds.... discolored pillow cases.... Kept my shoes on the whole time - Large gaps in door ---- I was afraid to fall asleep... I will definitely be sharing this information with La Quinta corporate... I have stayed in hotels throughout the U.S. and overseas and several La Quinta Hotels - La Quinta should be ashamed to have this hotel as part of their portfolio... When I requested to be moved and showed the picture of the tub to the front desk, I was told "it is probably just stains..." Stains or not - this is not a tub anyone should be expected to use (and there was no reason for it to have gotten so "stained" in the first place). 2nd room I was placed in had a large clump of hair in toilet - keep in mind that I am bald, so I know it wasn't my hair.... Upon checkout, while leaving, there was a used syringe in the parking lot... Grounds were filthy, rooms were subpar.... Advise people not to stay here. La Quinta corporate should remove their name from association w/ this property. I will definitely think twice about staying at a La Quinta in the future if this is how the brand wants to be represented.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank phildinftlaudy
StevenK642, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Orlando Airport West, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
We appreciate everyones reviews. We are in the process of refinishing our tubs and upgrading our WIFI. (you may see other guest photos of tubs refinished) WIFI is being upgraded to Brighthouse which will double our hot-spots. La Quinta does not staff to have people that can pick up trashin the parking lot 24 hours a day. We have many people that stay here requesting rooms with fridges for their insulin. Most dispose of used syringes properly, there are a few that do not, even in the rooms. Our staff is trained to properly handle these items. Our sincere apologies and a full refund has been given to the guest.
Fulton, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

The front entrance is beautiful. The lobby has some nice seating and the front desk service is great. My mom and I were visiting Orlando for a business conference and the shuttle service from the hotel to the airport, where our conference was being held, was FANTASTIC. Bar none, they were pleasant, helpful and an absolute joy to deal with. The hotel itself was older and LARGE. It was a hike from the front to our room. There is a restaurant sharing the same parking lot and I really think this hotel is where most people stay when they've had too much to drink. Don't get me wrong, kudos to the "sleeping-it-off-instead-of-driving" crowd. But, it made for a very loud stay. The walls were thin and I heard every slam of a door and every conversation in the rooms around us. The water was hot and plentiful. The bed was not terribly lumpy. The pillows were plump and the AC worked great. The room had a microwave, small fridge and coffee pot. We did not use the pool but it looked to be in good shape. The continental breakfast was pretty good and with computers in the lobby were working well. If you are a sound sleeper, this isn't a bad stay but if you are a light sleeper and the thumping music from the restaurant next door would bother you, get a room close to the lobby. It was OK but nothing to get excited over.

Room Tip: Light sleepers stay AWAY from the restaurant and closer to the lobby.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business