“Don't stay there”

La Quinta Inn Orlando Airport West
Ranked #250 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The lobby had a musty smell when we checked in. The first room we were given also had a musty moldy smell. We were given another room. Garbage cans around the building were full and a cat jumped out of one of them when we went by. The pool is in dire need of repair. Cement is crumbling, some of the lounge chairs at the pool were in need of repair. The vending and ice machine on the second floor you had to stand in a puddle of water to use them. The continental breakfast had a limited selection. Someone from corporate needs to visit and take action. This is not up to the standard of other La Quinta's we have stayed at.

2  Thank WATERCRAFT

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Pet friendly. Great place to stay if you have a dog traveling with you. Clean well maintained. Friendly staff. Building appears old especially from outside. Bathroom could use updating. But good value for the money.

1  Thank Tony L
A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The bathroom smelled like urine, we discovered a leaky toilet because water was coming through the floorboards. The internet was down and the phone to front desk was all static. Oh, and did I mention that they charged me full price!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 July 2014

First the bad: To reach this hotel you must drive through a lot of loops and turns. To reach the room I had to wheel my suitcase along an outdoor walkway.

The good: The hotel suggested that I accept a free upgrade to a king bed room. I did, and the room was very nice. There was a mini refrigerator and microwave oven, and a well-lighted table near plenty of electrical outlets which I used for my laptop computer. The bedroom and bathroom were spotless. The bedclothes were bright white and the bed was the ultimate in comfort. A blackout curtain behind the regular drapes made it possible to sleep late if I wanted. The thermostat was set to a pleasantly cool temperature and adjusted the temperature properly when I used it. The air conditioning was both effective and very quiet. Everything in the room was in working order. There was a free breakfast in the morning, including really good waffles and orange juice.

I had to attend a meeting at another (much more expensive) hotel. The person at the reception desk not only gave me directions but actually gave me a map and drew the route.

This hotel was as nice as some charging twice as much. I would use it again.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you like. I said I wanted a quiet room with a comfortable bed. I got both.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michele N
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed 5 nights over the 4th of July holiday and we were looking for an economy hotel. The hotel is very close to Orlando International and was in a good location to rent a car from Fox car rental.
The room was clean and well kept. The bed and mattress seemed recently renewed. We had a flat screen HDTV for our use. The theme parks are about 30 or 40 minutes away. The area itself is a little bit down and out. The closest restaurants were Mc Donalds next door and a seafood restaurant on the same parking lot. Staff was friendly. The rate included a continental breakfast that was passable, but we opted for other places or ate in our room. The real downside was that the cleaning staff set the AC at 72 degrees everyday and the room was too cold.
But for a 6 am flight out of Orlando on Sunday this worked great.
Better restaurants were about 10 minutes away by car.

1  Thank WorldTravelerSoCal
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This location is within 5-10 minutes from MCO airport. I stayed here, because I had an early morning flight. Otherwise this location is not near the parks, or much of anything else for that matter. This is a hotel I may or may not stay at in the future, as their prices keep going up, but the hotel maintenance is declining. The exterior is needed repair, as the area is becoming run down, with other hotels around closing down.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed in Orlando until our cruise. The hotel was very convient from the airport and very accessible to the mall and other eating establishments. A little uncertain when we drove up concerning the appearence but once inside it was very comfortable and relaxing. Would stay there again when in town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple