“Couldn't be closer to MCO”

La Quinta Inn Orlando Airport West
Ranked #239 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Deltona, Florida
“Couldn't be closer to MCO”
Reviewed 15 June 2009

We stayed at this location on our last night at Disney. We had an early flight and had stayed at Port Orleans for 7 nights, so we didn't want to pay 140.00 for an extra night and we wanted to be able to make a quick getaway to the airport as our flight was for 8 am.
This La Quinta was a perfect choice. It was cheap compared to Disney, it was pretty clean and the staff was very courteous. We have twin 2 y/o and they provided free cribs for the boys. They had a good free breakfast which saved a lot of time and money. The best thing about this place is that it's about a 5 minute drive to the airport and I understand that they also have a free shuttle.
I wouldn't want to stay here for a week, but if you're getting in Orlando late or leaving early and you need a decent place place to stay, for 55 bucks you can't beat it.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank bushrod43

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
georgia
Reviewed 8 April 2009

This is the second time I have stayed here. It was booked by my company..... First time no problems, things were ok... This time a whole different ballgame. This was booked over "2 WEEKS" in advance. I was supose to have a King/ non smoking room..... When I arrived around 7:00 in the evening. I was informed that the only room available to me was King smoking room.. I had asked what happened with my non smoking room they had no idea "something must have happened" is all I got. So got to my room. It looked ok until I took a shower pulled the shower curtain and there was mold all over the shower curtain...... The price was good for the area. But it's amazing what a little cleaning and extra care would do for this motel. Oh yea the free internet, you weren't able to pick it up on the back side of the motel you know the smoking room that i wasn't supose to have.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 April 2009

We generaly love la quintas, but this one was run down and the staff less than friendly and hot helpful.

Most annoying is that I waited over an hour for the airport van. If you are not sending it until the top of the hour, just let me know. When you are traveling with young children, I would prefer the $20 cab ride or just knowing I could sit inside for an hour rather than wait outside and when I called to inquire told it was on its way and would be there in 5 minutes only to read the sign when I arrived that the van only ran once an hour.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed 5 March 2009

Just got back from a 1 night stay at La Quinta Airport West. We were pleasently surprised when we walked into our room. It was clean, convenient, staff was friendly, and the price we paid ($50) was outstanding! We had booked it on the tail end of our disney trip so that we had a shuttle to the airport and a breakfast in the morning before our plane ride home. After staying at the Baymount Inn & Suites in Kissimmee I was hesitant about what the room would look like (see Baymount Inn & Suites Kissimmee review) but what a relief! Our room overlooked the pool that we didn't use but gladly would have if the weather cooperated. It was clean and well maintained. Upon check-in the staff let us in early and got us a fridge and microwave per our request. The room was good, the bathroom clean with some minor wear around the tub. The beds were very comfy, a foam type mattress that was just right. There isn't much in the area surrounding this hotel, but there is a restaurant (sea food I think) on the property. It looked nice, but we ordered a pizza after spending the day at Universal Studios which was a quick 10 minute drive. The shuttle to the airport was quick and very helpful. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jawdmb
Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 February 2009

They say you get what you pay for, and this place proves it's true. Our flight was postponed and we needed an extra night in Orlando, near the Airport. This place sounded just right, inexpensive and close by. But when we arrived, we realized we should have done some more research. This place looks like a sleazy motel from the sixties, given a new coat of paint. The smell of some kind of cleaning chemical in the room made for an uncomfortable night. Next morning, was another disappointment, because the coffee tasted like it was reheated from the day before. I'd recommend the newer LaQuinta right down the road. Wish we had known ahead of time that this place was the pits.

• Liked — Inexpensive
  • Disliked — Neighborhood, the room and the poor coffee
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank David W
calgary
Reviewed 16 January 2009

good shuttle service but only 1out of 4 courtesy phones working at the airport.Clean room and quiet.basic room stuff and no microwave.Breakfast very basicand maybe if you want more macas is close.OVERALL NOT TOO SHABBYFOR $70.You may do better if you look harder but this wiil do in a fix.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston
Reviewed 10 January 2009

I was there for a business meeting.
with La Quinta you will have some good places and some bad.

This one did not have a lot of things expected:

No exercise room
No complimentry Newspaper
Very limited breakfast (one bagel and perpackaged small muffins)
Charged for use of hotel internet
Rooms were more like a Motel 6