“Great place to stay”

Holiday Inn - Orlando International Airport
Ranked #226 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We just checked out of the Holiday Inn here and wanted to thank them for actually caring about people and looking after us.
We had just landed and went to the Crown Plaza ( where it used to be ) that was just turned into a Doubletree Hilton where we thought we had reservations . Problem is that Holiday Inn owns Crown Plaza brand also and they lost the site to Hilton in Jan 2012 when it became Airport Orlando.
So Priority club left us in the dark and without a room and failed to tell us they cancelled our rooms.
So here we are at 10 pm at night with two little kids getting kicked out of the Hilton because they couldn't care less about people and just wanted a credit card for the room...Over $200.00 a night plus plus.....

Knowing there was this Holiday Inn down the street we ventured down here only to be told they were sold out for a Teachers Convention.....OH BOY ! Now what ?
We explained how Hoilday Inn let us down and without a room....The clerk went back to find a Manager and between them worked some magic and got us a beautiful room from someone who failed to show.
Thank-you , Thank-you.

Customer service like we expect at Holiday Inn.....They couldn't give us Priority Club Booking which we had with the Crown Plaze and we had to pay more for the room but at this point , we had no choice dragging our two little kids around at 11 pm. We have several hundred thousand points from conferences,events and we had already paid for the Crown Plaza room they cancelled. Where did that money go ?

The Hotel is wonderful and clean with a beautiful pool and great breakfast area...I cannot say enough about the place....It was quiet and offered everything anyone could want.
Do not think twice about booking here......Staff are able to deal with any issues quickly and to satisfaction of all.

We thank the staff for helping us out even though they were sold out and going above and beyond for us...
We hope the General Manager knows how their evening staff shines when presented with a problem.
Started out our vacation hating Holiday Inn Brand for leaving us homeless ...
We couldn't wait to get home to cancel every conference or show we have booked with them. Tens of thousands of dollars and spinoff revenue.
Hilton will NEVER see another Room ever booked from Us.....
Priority Club redeemed themselves with this Location....Thanks again

Room Tip: Just leave it the wonderful staff.....You will be looked after
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank gonecode6
Jay1160, Manager at Holiday Inn - Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a response to the TripAdvisor on behalf of entire staff at Holiday Inn. First of all, sorry to hear of the lack of communication from the previous Crowne Plaza. Yes, Holiday Inn (InterContinental Hotels Group) franchises to Crowne Plaza but the particular one near our hotel was owned by 3rd Party. They changed the brand to Double Tree, yet the carelessness should have been there for all the visitors to Orlando. Sorry to hear of their lacks in caring and communications. On the other hands, your positive feedback always encourages us to provide incomparable value and service to the entire guest visiting us. Our General Manager is very pleased with your comments and the service we were able to provide. We want to let you know that miles away from you, corner of the airport area, hundreds of dedicated employees are waiting for your next trip to Orlando.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

This place was perfect for us, a great way to start our vacation. The property is beautiful and clean. Very close to numerous restaurants. Shuttle to and from airport was quick and the drivers are VERY friendly. Also made use of the free shuttle to and from the Florida mall, very easy (scheduled times). The pool is so warm, hot tub VERY hot. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan M
Jay1160, Manager at Holiday Inn - Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a response to the TripAdvisor. Positive feedback always encourages us to provide incomparable value and service to the entire guest visiting us. We want to let you know that miles away from you, corner of the airport area, hundreds of dedicated employees are waiting for your next trip to Orlando. In Summer, you will see the other side of the Orlando so do not hesitate to stay with us once again, .

Reviewed 17 February 2012

When I entered the building to head for the Front Desk I was pleasantly surprised with the lobby, front desk and the layout of the property. My room was roomy. clean and comfortable. I am sorry to say that Holiday Inn is normally not at the top of my list for hotels so this was a sweet surprise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 5th floor so that you can see beyond the building layout.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Admin77

Thank you for taking time to write a response to the TripAdvisor. Positive feedback always encourages us to provide incomparable value and service to the entire guest visiting us. I am sharing all the positive postings to our staff during the staff meeting on daily basis. We want to let you know that miles away from you, corner of the airport area, hundreds of dedicated employees are waiting for your next trip to Orlando. I will make sure that you will stay above the 5th floor next time.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

I chose this hotel because of location. It is an older Holiday Inn and in my opinion is not a good quality FULL service hotel. The inroom breakfast we ordered was cold, the restaurant was cheap quality food. When I called for extra towels it took over an hour to bring them to the room, come to find out the front desk clerk was the only one working and had to leave the front desk just to bring me towels. I would of come to the front desk myself if I had known, but you see I expect this service when staying at a 'full' service hotel otherwise I would of stayed at a Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn and would of gotten better service. This Holiday Inn is old and evident needs some updating. If you don't mind the minimal service then it's ok for the price. I won't stay here again, I'd rather take my chances with Express or Hampton next time.

Room Tip: If you don't mind low quality service and just need to be close tot he airport then this will ma...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Jay1160, Manager at Holiday Inn - Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with Holiday Inn Orlando Airport. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. I would have loved the opportunity to correct your concerns while you were at the hotel but nevertheless I would like this opportunity to response on TripAdvisor.
Yes we are full service hotel offering In-Room Service as a part of brand standard. It might have been the timing issue that could have corrected at the time of the order. I have addressed the issue to the appropriate department for future guests. I could see the service agent trying to deliver all the guest request in time and it is not part of our standard service to ask guests to come down to the desk for the towels. It must have been the 3rd shift where the limited staff are on property. This issue also has been brought up to ensure of the proper staffing level along with collaboration part of the service cycle.

Again, please accept our sincere response and hope to continue to use our branded hotels for your next trip to Orlando.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

We stayed here two nights here before boarding a Norwegian Cruise (NCL). It is located very close to the airport along with several other major hotels. The staff was cheerful and friendly, except perhaps at the reception desk. The front desk was efficient and sufficiently friendly. However, they did not seem overly cheerful. This is likely due to all the conferences going on. There are a lot of meeting rooms and conferences seem to be a major source of their business. They also provide pre-trip rooms for NCL. I just felt that the casual guest might get a bit lost in all the activities going on.

It is a Holiday Inn, but below the standard of a typical Holiday Inn. Our room was fine and roomy: queen-size bed and a sofa. The shower was difficult to turn on (a little sign warned one of this). There was no refrigerator, microwave, or safe. There was a game controller on the TV, but upon inspection behind the dresser I discovered that the cord had been cut. Also behind the dresser were a lot of cobwebs, a penny, and a nickel.

The hotel was not very clean. At breakfast, the floor of the open-space restaurant was littered with crumbs, etc., from the night before. Also, I was told that the hotel had purchased vacuum cleaners that didn't work all that well.

Breakfast was not included. Available meals in the hotel were typical Holiday Inn fare and reasonably priced. We were without a car so we were somewhat marooned. There are restaurants nearby (e.g., Denny's across the street) but walking around the area is dicey due to the heavy traffic (not uncommon in Florida).

All in all, we were happy with our stay there, but we are not fussy. I would rate the hotel with 3 1/2 stars

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PalmerTrips

Dear Guest,
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for your experience during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate your taking the time to advise us of your perceptions, which is the first step towards improvement of our service.
My hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret that we fell short of our expectation. Your positive comments towards our staff was encouraging the entire staffs at the hotel. We always appreciate all the passengers from our long-time business partner, Norwegian Cruise Line.
I have addressed cleaning issues to the appropriate departments to set up action plans to deliver the services that our everyday heroes (guests) deserve.
Next time visit to Orlando, please email me prior to your reservation so I can personally guarantee your satisfaction.

Jae-Yong, Lee
Jae-Yong.Lee@IHG.COM

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I've been staying here for work 3-4 nights a week for the last couple months. All of the hotel staff I have encountered have been excellent. Especially the shuttle drivers and bar staff. The rooms are nice. Every room I've stayed in has had a refrigerator and microwave as well as a comfy bed. It's a good place to stay if you have interests close to the airport or an early morning flight to catch. If you're sensitive to noise you may want to stay somewhere further from the airport. The noise never bothered me personally although it could be a problem for a light sleeper. All of the hotels in this area are going to be subject to the jet noise. It's seemed to me if your room is on the side of the building facing the pool it's a bit quieter. This would also depend on how Air Traffic Control is routing inbound and outbound aircraft and which runways are in use. The hotel also has a pool, hot tub, and fitness center that are decent. The in-house bar and restaurant are pretty good as well. The dinner and lunch food isn't too terribly pricey. Beer and wine selection is so so. Breakfast is steep for what you get. $8 for continental breakfast is a little crazy in my opinion.

There are several restaurants within walking distance as well. They're mostly chain restaurants (Hooters, Fridays, Sonny's, Denny's, Tony Roma's, and Chili's are really close). Eastern Pearl Chinese Cuisine is across the street and pretty good. Ask someone at the hotel for a 10% off card. If you're staying for any extended period of time or need to go to a store besides a gas station there is a Walgreen's about a mile north on Semoran Blvd. Follow the sidewalk, you won't miss it. There is also a little convenience store next to the Eastern Pearl but you'll be paying tourist prices for everything. Walgreen's is worth the walk. If you need gas avoid the two gas stations nearby on Semoran. They will rip you off upwards of $5-$6 a gallon for gas. The hotel shuttle leaves on the hour and half hour to the airport and 15 and 45 past the hour to local businesses.

All in all a good place to stay. I wouldn't stay here for vacation but if I had a flight to catch or am working in the area again I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: With the close proximity to the airport there is some noise from aircraft coming and going. It seeme...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Jay1160, Manager at Holiday Inn - Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a response to the TripAdvisor on behalf of entire staff at Holiday Inn. Positive feedback always encourages us to provide incomparable value and service to the entire guest visiting us. We want to let you know that miles away from you, corner of the airport area, hundreds of dedicated employees are waiting for your next trip to Orlando.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

We recently stayed here the night before our flight out of the Orlando airport and generally liked the room, location and the front desk employees. It was very easy to get to the airport as the hotel is only about a mile from the airport. Our room was clean and the people at the front desk were very helpful. One of them left the front desk to help me print my boarding passes in the nearby business center.

For some reason I thought the room came with a free breakfast so was disappointed when they only had a sit down buffet that you had to pay for. Since I had to buy breakfast at the airport my $99 room was not as good a deal as I originally thought.

My only real complaint was that I could hear airplane noise in the early morning hours. The room could have been sound proofed better.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rockyjoe
Jay1160, Manager at Holiday Inn - Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a response to the TripAdvisor. Positive feedback always encourages us to provide incomparable value and service to the entire guest visiting us. I am glad to hear that hotel staff was able to assist you with boarding pass. Hotel offers various rates and some include breakfast. By booking under the rate with breakfast, you could save in the future, specially if you travel with kids. We want to let you know that miles away from you, corner of the airport area, hundreds of dedicated employees are waiting for your next trip to Orlando.

Jae-Yong Lee