“Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport Stay”

Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport
Ranked #53 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Evans, Georgia
“Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

Had to take some relatives to the Orlando airport and needed a place to stay for a night. I found the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport hotel to be amongst the cheapest and closest to the airport. For dinner, I didn't even have to drive as the resturants were located right across the street. I had a choice of Chinese, Sunny's Bar-b-que, Tony Romas, and a few others. This was a great hotel to stay at as the room was very nice, hotel very close to the airport, and restuarants right next door. I almost forgot to say that there was free breakfast and the staff was very friendly...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rick I
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport. Trip Advisor, has forwarded me your review and I am pleased to see you had a wonderful experience. Here at Hampton we are always looking for ways to impress our guests. If there are any suggestions or comments about our hotel or your stay, please email me directly at mcoap_hampton@hilton.com or contact me at 407-888-2024.

Thank you once again and we hope we will see you again soon should your travels bring you back to the Orlando area.

Debra Thompson-French

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Korean first
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

Location is everything when traveling and the Hampton In is right outside OIA. They also participate in a sleep & fly program allowing guests to leave there car parked at the hotel for a week while on a trip. The convience is excellant. We had a reservation and on check-in the desk clerk asked us what time we needed to be picked up to make our flight. Our room was a standard king very clean and comfortable. This hotel is right outside the airport yet our room was surprisingly quiet. Enjoyable relaxing way to insure you are well rested before an early morning flight.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Almar62
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2012

Richmond Hill, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

I stayed here after moving out of another hotel the night before so that I could get closer to where my meetings were being held.

They were pretty full, and so I was put into an accessible room with a king bed. This room had a regular shower and bath but with a lot of grab bars. The elevators were right behind my room, and the noise wasn't so noticable in the room, but seemed amplified in the cavernous bathroom.

There were many cracks from the installation of the grab bars into the thin stone shower walls. Some were caulked over, others were not. Was really just a job done extremely poorly.

The room was great and the bed was comfortable. The AC didn't ever seem to get really cold, but I wasn't uncomfortable. I was really upset by the TV in the room. It completely escapes me why hotels around the country are putting in nice HD TVs but won't feed them HD signals. Even the much cheaper hotel I stayed at the night before had phenomenal HD signals. Nice TV, poor reception. In fact, the reception to the hotel was so bad that in the lobby, the TV kept cutting off during news reports.

Breakfast was fine. Nice hot waffles. Lots of other goodies including pastries and juices.

I check out before I ate and when I sat down the front desk clerk told me I hadn't paid. What? I was on a cash basis and paid before I ever got a room key. She later confirmed that and told me I was good to go and apoligized, but Com'on!

Overall, not a bad place to stay. If you want convenience to the hotel or to some of the other local hotel convention centers, this isn't a bad option. It is also located near Lynx bus lines 42 and 20.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Please accept my apology for the problems you had with your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn, Orlando Airport. We certainly did not deliver the service and quality you would expect from Hilton.

Our mission is to "Impress the Guest" and in your case, we fail to do that. I have used your concerns to impress upon the staff, the importance of providing our guests with outstanding service and accommodations.

I appreciate your informing us about what happened. We want to offer the best experience possible, and feedback, from our guests help us to accomplish that. Thanks again for your comments and your understanding. I hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the quality and service we are capable of providing.

Debra Thompson – French
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Convenient to restaurants, clean, quiet and quick trip to airport. Just make sure you set an alarm, my wake up call never came.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport. Trip Advisor, has forwarded me your review and I am pleased to see you had a wonderful experience. I have forwarded your wake up call experience to the Front Office Manager, our sincerest apologies..

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

This Hotel was wonderful. The shuttle was really easy to catch from the airport, and was a super short ride. All of the staff was very nice. The hotel was extremely clean, and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud!!! The King-sized bed room was very roomy and a really affordable price. The pool was ok, it only went to 5 feet deep and wasn't the most attractive looking, but the good part is that it's open 24/7, makes for a nice midnight swim. The only real negative was the breakfast in the morning, my recommendation is to get to breakfast as early as you can because anytime after 9ish it's just a mess of people, and old stale food. They ran out of french toast sticks and getting to the waffle maker was nearly impossible, so I settled for cereal and a banana, but again, for a free breakfast, not too too awful. All in all i would definitely recommend this Hotel to a friend!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Satellite Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have stayed here multiple times. The hotel is nice, clean, very friendly personnel and a decent breakfast (more than just "continental") included in the room price. Location is also very good, assuming you are not in the area for the attractions like Disney, etc. On the downside, the Internet connection (included in the room charge) is not as stable as you would think it could or should be, nor is it as fast. The company that runs the wireless for the hotel is unresponsive at best, so if you get it on a good day, that's a bonus but not all days are good days. The hotel personnel are unable to help you with this, since the hotel apparently outsources this service. This might be a function of Hampton philosophy, since I have yet to stay in a Hampton anywhere that the wireless was better than "marginally adequate". The price for the hotel was slightly higher than what I would think a Hampton would warrant, where for a few bucks more you could stay nearby at a full service Hilton or other full service hotels.

Room Tip: Third floor or higher keeps the street noise lower.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank t1man
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2012

I am extremely excited to announce that we have began upgrading the wireless internet, and technical support will be provided directly through Hilton vs an outside vendor, the project should be completed within the next 2-3 months....

Hudson River Valley, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

The Hampton Inn at the Orlando Airport offers good value. We called for the shuttle from the airport, it arrived in about 15 minutes for a short drive to the hotel. Took the shuttle back to the airport in the morning to pick up our rental car, very easy. This hotel is located in an area with quite a few others; we've stayed 2xs at the nearby Marriott and preferred this Hampton Inn. We paid $32 bidding on Priceline, but given the included breakfast (best free breakfast I've had at any chain hotel) it's worth more.

PROS:
Short 2-5 minute walk to a number of restaurants.

Desk clerk was prompt, courteous, helpful. Asked if we were Hilton Honors members & did not refer to the low price or Priceline booking as has sometimes been my experience. Gave a small welcome gift & later gave us some toothpaste as we'd forgotten ours.

Breakfast buffet (included with the room) was a treat: truly good coffee, fresh fruit, fruit salad, scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cold cereal, variety of juices, breads & muffins, a waffle bar - think I missed a few things. This breakfast buffet compared very favorably to that at the nearby Marriott - and we paid more at the Marriott for the breakfast alone than we did for this room with included meal at the Hampton Inn. There were take-out bagged breakfasts (2 choices) available at the front desk in the morning for those who didn't have time or want to eat in the dining area.

Room was comfortable but basic. Included a microwave & small refrigerator but no in-room safe. We did not experience any of the noise some others have complained about. The desk clerk put us on the 6th floor & we didn't see any children on that floor, just other adult couples. Not sure if they place adults and families separately or if we just didn't see/hear young kids, but we appreciated the quiet. There were many families eating breakfast in the morning & this very much appears to be a family friendly hotel.

You sign-up by time for the shuttle back to the airport.

CONS: This is a basic, mid-range hotel. It could use some updating, and is not for those looking for a luxury experience. The shuttle back was packed (8:30 a.m.) and one couple "doubled up" to make it work.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple