“Comfy beds, Wifi issues”

Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport
Ranked #50 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Was here only one night but what a great bed. I usually always have issues sleeping the first night but this bed made me sleep like a baby. Staff was very friendly and did everything possible to fix the wifi issue for me which did take a while but finally was fixed. Breakfast serves a nice variety.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Glenn M,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport. Trip Advisor, has forwarded me your review and I am pleased to see you had a wonderful experience.

Here at Hampton we are always looking for ways to impress our guests. If there are any suggestions or comments about our hotel or your stay, please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you once again and we hope we will see you again soon should your travels bring you back to the Orlando area.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Hampton Inn one night as part of a "Stay and Cruise" package that was offered. The hotel was undergoing renovation at the time so there were some obstacles, but we knew that going in and was prepared.

The breakfast area doubled as the registration area and wasn't too bad. Construction noise was heard throughout the bottom floor and I would image a floor or so above so I jumped at the opportunity for a room on the 6th floor. I had no issues with noise while in the room.

It was your typical Hampton Inn quality considering the construction disruption, but I think the hotel staff did everything they could to work around the issues with the construction and check-in and check-out proved effortless, again considering the noise.

The only issue I had was with the package as we received a phone call from the desk after 9 PM the night of our arrival explaining there was a special envelope awaiting us at the registration desk that we needed to pick up the next morning at breakfast. The caller indicated this evelope contained our passes/tickets for transportation to Port Canaveral for our cruise the next day.

However, after checking with the registration desk the next morning at breakfast, they had no clue of what I was talking about. Not only was there no special envelope they could find, I was told there were no such requirements for the transportation. The desk clerk explained the meeting point for pick up was the same area we were in and all we needed to do was to be there with our luggage and our room receipt at the appointed time. He indicated the receipt would verify we had purchased the package and the transportation company would take care of the rest. After explaining the phone call, I was assured the latter procedure was all that was needed. We did as instructed and sure enough, the transportation company had no questions or issues with our receipt. They transported us from the hotel to the cruise port and picked us up after the cruise and took us to Orlando International just as planned.

I'm sure once the renovations are complete, everything will be back to normal and it will be a beautiful property that I would not hesitate to stay at again if in the this area. I only gave it an average rating due to the construction Inconveniences. Otherwise, it is a convenient hotel to MCO with free transportation to/from and was within walking distance of several restaurants. They also offer free local transportation which proved beneficial as well.

The cost of the cruise package was reasonable considering it included the cost of the room and roundtrip transportation from Orlando to the port and back. I do recommend this hotel and package if that is your reason for being in this area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear DeputyChief1962,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay and I am sorry that we couldn’t exceed your expectations during your visit.

We want our guests to have the best experience possible where everything is in place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. Unfortunately there is never a good time to start a renovation and we are trying our best to make it as flawless as possible to all our guests.

As you mentioned we are undergoing a full renovation of the lobby (should be done in the next few weeks). Hampton Inn Orlando Airport values your patronage – we want you as our loyal guest! Again, please accept my most sincere apologies, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future and shows you the improvements in our product for your enjoyment.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel should you have any question or would like to further discuss your experience with us.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

EVERYTHING was perfect! I had the most comfortable experience. I was accomidated most pleasantly by Luis who worked the service counter. He provided me with service that exceeded the definition of going above and beyond. THANK YOU LUIS!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Jfarouk1,

Thank you very much for your kudos about our property! Your kind words are greatly appreciated! Our staff loves interacting with our guests and providing outstanding "Hamptonality" to each and every guest! We take great pride in the cleanliness and upkeep of our entire property inside and outside. We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I encountered two cockroaches on the bathroom counter crawling over my toiletries when I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. I checked out immediately and walked across the parking lot to another, cleaner hotel that isn't undergoing a gut renovation. Staff was friendly enough at check in and check out, but they seemed embarrassed by the conditions at this hotel during the renovations. Really they should have closed given that the entire ground floor is an active construction site.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Uitsmijter,

We sincerely apologize for the very unfortunate experience you had during your stay at our hotel. We appreciate that you brought this to our attention and have promptly contacted our pest control company to addressed the situation. If we can help in any way, please let us know and we hope you'll return once our renovations are complete.

Kind regards,

Debra Thompson

Reviewed 4 October 2013

The rooms met expectations, They are currently remodeling the lobby so it was sort of messy. The check in staff was friendly and had all of our paperwork ready. Check out was easy. Breakfast was OK. had better. not as many options as other hamptons.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Ron K
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Ron K,

I would like to thank you on behalf of the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport team for your kind comments on our performance and your experience with us.

As you have experienced our daily goal is not to meet our valuable guest’s expectations but to exceed them in every opportunity that we have during their stay. We know how many options are out there when traveling but we also know that it is great service that will keep a returning guest.

Debra Thomspon-French

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Ever since I had an extremely positive experience in Charlotte, North Carolina, in a Hampton Inn, I look for one when I travel. They always have a very good complimentary breakfast, cookies in the afternoon, free computer use, in addition to being excellent in their accommodations. I tell everyone to try to stay at one wherever they go.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Lesley S,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your stay with us. The greatest joy that our staff experiences is when their labor brings forth satisfied and happy guests, such as yourself.

Your comment brought forth many smiles to many faces.

Please visit us again, and if I may be of assistance, do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards and best wishes on behalf of the entire staff.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Hampton inn's are a great chain. This one is currently going under renovations which made it a little difficult. Check in was easy and they had plenty of signs directing to the temporary check in area. Had to fly out early so having bag breakfast was helpful. Airport shuttle was great. Rooms were average, bathrooms extremely small.

• Stayed: September 2013
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Andy G,