“Great stay, once again”

Ranked #56 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Illinois
“Great stay, once again”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Please note the hotel is in the process of being renovated, but that did not really interfere with my stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean, bed very comfortable. Great stay and very convenient for my early morning flight out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Bijoux222
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Bijoux222 ,

Thank you very much for your kudos about our property! Your kind words are greatly appreciated! Our staff loves interacting with our guests and providing outstanding "Hamptonality" to each and every guest! We take great pride in the cleanliness and upkeep of our entire property inside and outside. We hope to see you again soon.

Debra Thompson-French

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I will NOT stay here EVER AGAIN!
First off, my hubby and I arrived at the hotel at about midnight after a long flight and took a shuttle to the wrong Hampton Inn, and upon arriving to the correct hotel we were given room keys to a room that was already occupied and luckily our keys did not work, but we woke up the poor occupant. We went back downstairs and the on-duty receptionist told us that he did not check the first name on the reservation and just handed us room keys.
Then, we finally get room keys to an unoccupied room and go to sleep. Then in the morning we come to find out that the toilet although clean is not flushing properly and the sink water pressure is very low. So, we call the front desk and the same guy proceeds to ask us if we want to try unclogging the toilet with a plunger. We amuse him and say, "why not." He drops it off and doesn't stick around to see if we want to pack up and change rooms. Guess what -- the plunger doesn't do a thing to fix the flushing power. We call front desk back and tell them that we need a new room. We pack it up and go back downstairs to get a new room. He was nice enough to drop our rate down for the inconvenience.
Wait, there is more...we get a new room and all seems well for two nights except that there is no parking and the hotel is definitely being remodeled. On our last night there, we arrive back from visiting Universal Studios and our room key doesn't work. I go back downstairs to the front desk to explain. This guy takes my old keys and says they are demagnetized (Hmm, my hubby and I kept are keys separately -- how do they both get demagnetized???), plus he doesn't even check my ID and activates keys to the room number I rattle off. Luckily, our stuff was still in the room and nobody else was occupying our room (two of our biggest fears).

I would not stay here again and hotel management will be getting a letter from me about our stay. This was by far the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. I would rather stay at a Comfort Inn instead. Sorry Hampton, you have lost a customer for life and I will not stay at any of your hotels again.

Other Cons:
Complimentary wifi did not work on my tablet, but worked on my husbands PC
Breakfast offering was okay, but not great
Tile on bathroom floors feels gross and slimy
Shower walls need to be replaced as the plastic is cracked and has lots of caulking
Tile in reception area looked very dirty.

Pros:
Clean bed, tv works, and water pressure in shower was good.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Michelle M,

We're sorry to hear about the unfortunate issues you had with front office service and can assure you this has been addressed. Your comfort is our concern and your review will help us ensure that we're meeting expectations in all areas of our daily operations. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any additional comments or concerns.

Kind regards,

Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Overall good experience for the price. Lobby was under construction so I won't judge the mess. Internet in my room was terrible however. Room hadn't been updated in a while, although it was clean. The location of the hotel is quite good relative to the airport, and entry and exit are easy. The Denny's next door was convenient for a decent breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Jeffery B,

Your effort and time sharing your comments surrounding your recent experience at out hotel is most appreciated and something we take very seriously.

The Hampton Inn Orlando Airport will be undergoing a refreshment of our guest rooms which includes new paint, carpet, mirrors, and artwork. The next phase will continue with all new furniture and drapery in the rooms which is scheduled to be complete by December 2013. ,. Once our refreshment is complete you will find a new fresh product that will exceed your expectations.

Here at the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport we value your patronage, and hope that in the near future you will once again allow us the opportunity to serve you and so that you may see the improvement to our product for your enjoyment.

Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 29 October 2013

the bed was broken.....the toilet was dripping and flushed itself every 20 minutes throughout the night. The breakfast area was dirty.....awful.....we went next door to a Denny's for breakfast instead.....awful.

2 Thank Susan Y
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Susan Y,

Please accept my apology for the problems you had with your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn, Orlando Airport. We certainly did not deliver the guest experience you would expect from Hilton.

Our mission is to "Impress the Guest" and in your case, we fail to do that. I have used your concerns to impress upon the staff, the importance of providing our guests with outstanding service and accommodations.

I appreciate your informing us about what happened. We want to offer the best experience possible, and feedback, from our guests help us to accomplish that. Thanks again for your comments and your understanding. I hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the quality and service we are capable of providing.

Debra Thompson – French
Old Orchard Beach, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

clean, comfortable hotel, however, my sister reserved the room on her visa and as of 5 days later, her visa has not been credited. I paid with my credit card upon check in. Other than that, hotel is fab!

Dear Marjorie C,

In reference to the payment status on your sisters card, if you would be so kind as to call me directly at the property, I will be more than happy to resolve the issue at hand.

We hope to see you again soon!!

407-888-2995 (P)
Accra
Reviewed 25 October 2013

It is a good hotel for the budget. The staff of the hotel are homely and very welcoming. They are courteous and admirable. The rooms are ok and comfortable. The renovation going on in the hotel will be an added marketing value for the hotel. Once again, I really enjoyed my two nights stay in the hotel. The staff members are to be commended for their homely attitudes and characters.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Wole A,

West Coxsackie, New York
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The pool was great and it was open till 10pm. We were within walking distance to a half dozen places to eat. The view wasn't too bad either. Great for business or use a transfer hotel after a flight. I wouldn't pick this hotel if you were going to use it for your vacation stay. Too far away from the beach and attractions. We don't like having to shuttle back and forth.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Tclearwater,