“A good choice for an overnight stay close to the airport.”

Courtyard Orlando Airport
Ranked #232 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Aiea, Hawaii
“A good choice for an overnight stay close to the airport.”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We chose this hotel because we got a great rate (Marriott family and friends) and because it was close the airport with a 24/7 shuttle service. That allowed me to drop my rental car off the night before. The shuttle service is great because it's 24/7, it's about 5 minutes to the airport, and the shuttle buses have specific parking spots at each terminal. That sure is a lot easier than standing on the curb watching dozens of buses go by and hoping you don't miss yours. We had a great shuttle driver in the evening and in the morning. The hotel itself was pretty standard for a Courtyard, clean and roomy enough with the usual Marriott amenities. As the location would suggest, it's a place to stay for it's convenience to the airport not to go the amusement parks. It's a little confusing to find if you don't have specific directions or a GPS, though. The front desk staff was excellent both at check-in and check-out. One tip about driving around this area of Orlando, there is a mixture of toll roads and free roads. More than likely you'll end up sooner or later on a toll road around the airport. Have quarters and dollar bills available. Some toll stations are unmanned and don't give change.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Barbara P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay. We appreciate the feedback and I am glad to here that your stay was pleasant..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
panama city, florida
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Courtyards generally are a business mans good bet for a decent hotel. This Courtyard is nicely appointed with an up-dated lobby/bar and good food. The rooms are well kept but this hotel has air-conditioning and mildew problems and the worst WIFI internet I have experienced for some time. The first room I was offered literally stunk like a gym locker room from mildew and the air conditioner just didn't work correctly. The second room was not as bad but the same problem was building and the air was not comfortable. I had a lot of work to do and the wifi internet kept kicking me off and I had to keep restarting my computer, to restart the connection. The result was I had to activate my phone hot spot and use up my phone battery to get any work done. This is the second time in a year I have stayed at this Courtyard and had problems and it will be the last.

Room Tip: Check your room carefully before settling in especially the air conditioner. Try the WIFI connection...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pitstop53
Tthank you for taking the time to write a note about your stay. We appreciated the feedback and strive to only mak the hotel better.
WEeappreicate it!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2014

It was my fault for not confirming shuttle service before I arrived. There was nothing on my itinerary, and seeing as I arrived late, it didn't seem like the transportation people at the airport were keen on directing me to where hotel shuttle services might be. In any case, it was a $16 cab ride from the hotel, and I learned a not-so-expensive lesson.

I stayed at this hotel my first night in Orlando, and the rest was at the conference hotel at DisneyWorld. I knew the other hotel would be insanely busy (and much more expensive) so the first night was spent here to get myself settled and have my business expense money go a bit further.

My Gold membership was recognized and the complementary breakfast was a nice touch. There are many restaurants nearby that are open late, which helped with my later arrival. It was easy to get a 5 mile run in the next morning, as there are many sidewalks and trails around the hotel. The hotel staff were accommodating and friendly. I'm not sure if I would stay here with my family (although you could), but it is really better suited for a stay if you are traveling to or from Orlando on business, or if you are working in the area. I will likely stay here again the next time I am in Orlando.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine, but remember that you are in Orlando and that humidity is to be expected.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Barbara P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
THank you for taking the time to share your hotel experience. I am sorry that you were not aware of the complimentary shuttle service. but I am glad you found the associates helpful.
We appreciate your comments.
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed here on the last night of a family vacation, just wanted a place to rest our heads. Doesn't look like much, but room was clean, bed comfortable, very quiet despite being 2 miles from the airport, and great shuttle service to airport. Also, there are many dining options within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Barbara P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Courtyard. We appreciate the feedback and I am thrilled to here that you found the hotel quiet, clean and convenient for your needs.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I'm Gold with Marriott which wasn't recognized upon check in. That is actually the first time this has ever happened to me. I was given a king room and was staying with my buddy. Never was asked if a king was what I needed when I booked 2 doubles. Next room smelled musty and was not acceptable. I was moved to a third room that was fine, but a bit dated. The evening staff has not been trained properly, from the front desk to the shuttle driver, or maybe they just don't like their jobs. I don't know. I stay in a lot of Marriott hotels every year. While this is a convenient one, I did not feel welcome. I wasted a lot of hard earned points on this stay. I will not stay here next time I come to Orlando.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Gbr13345
Barbara P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Courtyard Orlando Airport. This is certainly not the service that we strive to deliver to our guests. I would love the opportunity to refund the points that you used. If you would accept that, please call the hotel and ask for me to discuss it.
Thank you.
Niles, Michigan
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed one night on business. Close to the airport and the free shuttle was great. Very clean hotel and close enough to walk to several restaurants. The pool area was ok, but nothing fancy. No complaints and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello Karen
Thank you for the kind comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard. I am glad that you found it clean and convenient.
We appreciate the feedback!
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Check in was fine. The room was great as I find Courtyard rooms to be. The location is convenient to done decent restaurants with more popping up. It's nice getting to walk for food.

The reasons for not giving this hotel a higher rating were the gym and bistro. The gym was humorous. Two treadmills and one treadmill in a huge space. There was a decent weight bench but sorry weight selection. No 10s or 20 lbs. One 25lbs. Huh? And then both 35, 40 & 45s. This may not mean much to others but as a business traveler I depend on the Courtyard gyms which are usually good. A bit of a fail here.

One other nitpick item is the oatmeal served at the Bistro. It was so thinned down and the portion of dried fruit and walnuts was a tease. Again, very inconsistent with other Courtyards.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Barbara P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Courtyard. I apologize that the exercise room is not up to standard, we recently moved from a much smaller room and have ordered new equipment, but it has not arrived. The weights are a constant problem since the lighter weights seem to disappear frequently, We obviously need to have a better check for these in place. Thenk you for your comment regarding the oatmeal, we will revisit the standards for it. WE appreciate the feedback!