Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Ranked #180 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
karachi
“It was alright!”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I booked this hotel through a budget hotel website and it gave me a good deal. I was happy to have a great price for 2 rooms until I reached the hotel and the reception asked me for an extra parking charge for 3 nights which was not included in the room rent that I have paid. Since we had already booked the place we had no option but to pay for the parking. It was bad on the hotel management's part and they should have mentioned it before. The rooms were not bad and were airy n big. it was close to all landmarks in Orlando, Frankly speaking after a long day at the Disney park it was not bad of a hotel

Room Tip: Rooms on the South Side are quieter
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Korean first
florida
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This was my first time staying at the hotel and to the hotel's credit, maintenance was very attentive. There was a HUGE spider in our room on the wall. This was not your average spider. It was pretty big. Needless to say, the maintenance guy removed the spider from our room.

This hotel is not family or kid friendly. When you drive into the hotel, they have a massive amount of parking designated for Valet. I thought this was just utterly crazy because all of the regular parking for the hotel is towards the back. The bathroom was very dated and could use a touch up. Majority of the towells and washcloths had stains already on them. The beds also had stains on them.

My main complaint was that the hotel was extremely noisy. I couldn't believe the amount of noise I heard. If you are a light sleeper, forget about it. I could hear noise above and below us. It was downright terrible.

The pros about this hotel are: the pool is a nice size, they have a kiddy pool, it's near major restaurants, they provide a shuttle to the disney parks, free wireless internet, cafe that serves pizza hut pizza, there is a restaurant and bar on site.

Room Tip: When you ask for a room away from the elevators make sure you ask for the room furthest away from th...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Watchmitravel
RevDirector, Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that our maintenance team exceeded your expectations during your visit. We take pride in providing our guests with comfortable, clean accommodations and stains on the linens in the room is not acceptable. We wish you would have brought this to the attention of our management team while you were here so we could rectified the situation right away.

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

BARTLETT, ILLINOIS
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I had a 3 night stay at this hotel. Two nights booked with book it.com which included the continental breakfast and no resort tax, a third night with a goverment rate which initially was less money, but turned out to be more because it did not include breakfast and did include a $10 resort fee tax. The hotel was very average. We did have a pizza in the lounge one evening which was good but the beer was a bit pricey. $5 for a michelob ultra. The shuttle was prompt dropping off and picking up, but picking up from Magic Kingdom to the hotel was an hour ride back due to having to stop at Animal Kingdom. The shuttle stops at two other hotels, but this is the first on the trip so we always had a seat.
Our room did not have a refrigerator, which I was hoping for, but there was a ice machine on the floor.

1 Thank SUN-SNOWLOVER
Puerto Rico
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I booked my stay for May 9-13, 2012. I enjoy every bit of it. The area is very nice and quiet. I loved my room, it was on the fifth floor , i enjoy a super nice view of Epcot at the distance, at night i even had the chance to see the fireworks. What I did not like is that I saw at the website that to upgrade for a disney view on the 7th floor or higher it says $10 extra, but when i emailed asking for it they told me $30.00. So i decided to keep what i had, and what a surprise, that from my room i had a very nice Disney view, without paying the extra money. The coffee maker is very convenient and they have a good variety of coffee to choose from. The bathtub itself needs a makeover. I heard they were upgrading the TV's. The coupon booklet to be use at Downtown Disney is a plus, i used it and I saved a bit.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
jasper w.yorks england
Reviewed 2 June 2012

My stay was on 17/05/12- 31/05/12 room 1405 Mark & Saly Reardon . This is the 2nd time we have stayed here ,
Firstly let me say a big Thank You to all the staff at the Best Western - nothing was too much trouble if you had towels or bedding or coffee that you was short on you only needed to ask and you got it .- and if you have an issue with service dont give bad reviews on the internet ask to speak to the management and they will try to rectify this !!
Secondley i am sick of people saying its not as good as the Disney hotels ( the clue is the word Disney ) if you want to pay over inflated prices then go to a Disney hotel !!!
The hotel is one of the older properties in the area ,but dont let this put you off ,the staff are friendly & polite ,
Plus points fanastic location ,Rooms are a nice size clean , beds are very comfortable ,rooms have safes ,iron ,coffee maker etc , nice size balcony for relaxing ,quiet little bar and pool ,restarant & coffee bar -crossroads for eating ,Red lobster .,Perkins ,Sizzlers ,Black Angus ,all the parks are within a 15/20 min drive , plus the hotel has a shuttle bus to most of the parks & downtown Disney ample parking spaces
Big Hello to the girls on the bar Tina & Vickie and also to Jerry the bellman , This is the second time i have stayed here and i would not hesitate to recommend it to anybody who wants a nice relaxing holiday without having to pay 5 star prices - Well done to all at the Best Western keep up the good work - if anybody has any questions or needs to know of places to eat or things to do ,just let me know ..

Room Tip: ask for a high floor 14 or higher , i personaly dont realy care which side of the building ,you do h...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank MARKREA32
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We spend 3 nights in this hotel. The location was good for Disney, but the room was really dirty. When we arrived at our room the quit cover was dirty and the day after the towels were dirty too.
The hotel changes it, but the sensation of not clean hotel is still with us. Having a clean bed and towels is basic.

1 Thank Teresa S
Vancouver
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Booked this as it was on the resort grounds. Used the shuttle each day for trips to Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Continental breakfast did not offer a lot of choises. Rooms where clean and all we needed for the limited time spent in the room.

2 Thank Kev1963
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Best Western Premier Saratoga Resort Villas
#11 of 62 in Kissimmee
Windsor Palms Resort
Windsor Palms Resort
#10 of 62 in Kissimmee

Been to Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area? Share your experiences!