“Great bargain with perks!”

BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
Ranked #175 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Miami
“Great bargain with perks!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I got a room through my work benefits website and having stayed here before I decided to give it a try again, I had previously stayed here before and although it's in a great central location I felt the rooms were a bit outdated but was pleasantly surprised that they had remodeled the rooms and looks much newer and nicer. I read some of the reviews that they felt pressured by the time share lady but honestly my experience was completely opposite. She gave a quick explanation, I said a quick no and she pleasantly smiled and that was it so don't be afraid if your firm I'm sure it'll be ok. Love Love Love the fact that this hotel has balconies!! We're not smokers in the family but hate feeling all cooped up in a hotel room so def enjoyed the ability to step out onto the balcony and enjoy the weather , breeze and especially the view. I requested a high floor and Disney view and it was great we even caught the fireworks at Epcot from our balcony!! Now it won't be like your there because it is a little bit of a distance but still close enough to enjoy the show from the comfort of your room in your pjs. Now my only annoyance but not enough for me to not return was that they have valet which we foolishly paid for our entire stay only to realize that it's free self parking and always enough spaces available that I don't think valet is very necessary. Over all nice experience , loved our accommodations and will definitely return!!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Arlene C
Mike B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Hi
Thank You for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We're glad it was an enjoyable one, and hope to see you again soon.
Regards,
Mike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Korean first
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Check In and Check Out were both easy and pleasant with the professional reception staff. One is made aware of the @10$ resort fee upon check-in and although I deplore the practice, it is prevalent in Orlando and quite often more expensive at other hotels.
The lobby, restaurant, bar and pool area appear all very clean, and the pool is quite enjoyable although not very large - certainly was very quite during my trip. The pool is heated (in November anyway), so be forewarned if you like a refreshing dive on a warm day. Towels are provided poolside.
The elevator service is quite efficient and clean. The hallways are also presentable. There is an ice machine, washer/dryer and vending machine located centrally on each floor - no room is more than a few steps away.
I'll comment here that although the building was probably built 70's / early 80's, I find the design extremely practical. At each corner of the triangle floorplan is an outside stairway - probably very safe in case of fire and providing everyone with the chance to view the Disney fireworks without having to pay for that upgrade ($30).
I stayed 6 days on the highway (east) side of the 9th floor and the view wasn't very special while the highway was fairly loud - not ideal for sleeping with the balcony sliding door open.
Each room appears to have it's own balcony that certainly offers sufficient privacy.
The beds were fairly firm and quite comfortable. The television nice enough, although channels limited and some with terrible reception! There is no fridge unless you order it extra.
The room is a little tattered, but not in bad shape considering the age of the building.
Our toilet was a little leaky (tank to bowl) apparently refilling itself shortly every 10 minutes. Strangely enough the water in the toilet was quite warm (solar runoff?) which can give one a steamy bum - not necessarily a pleasant feeling (for me anyway).
I'm not a big fan of Air Conditioning and attempted to adjust the cooling to a higher threshold which didn't seem to work - it always reset itself, leaving me fairly cold. However I could deactivate the AC altogether, so that's what I did (with a little switch on the bottom of the control).
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would suggest the Disney View upgrade (west side?) only for those who want the quieter side becaus...
1 Thank jimbomu
Hello, and thank you for such a detailed review. We're glad to hear from our guests, especially those as informative as you were. Thanks again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

At checking the man was not that nice (not rude), but not informative. I loved the Air Conditioning in the room. The housekeeping lady was very nice and helpful. Very central and lots of restaurants around, do not need to use the car. I also loved the free parking and lots of parking area.

1 Thank 841migdaliac
Mike B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Hello.
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time, and know that we listen to all comments both good and bad, and use them as a way to constantly look for ways to deliver a superior guest experience. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Disney area, and hope it is real soon.
Collingwood, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

We took our son who is 4 to Disney for his first visit and we didn't want to pay the big money to stay at one of Disney's Resorts so we picked this hotel and it was amazing. We upgraded to a Disney view which was perfect and we were able to see the fire works every night. The rooms were nice and roomy. We had to ask to have a maid clean our room, as they didn't come in the first 2 days and having a child things get messy! We were a 10 minute walk to Downtown Disney as well if you walk the other way you are a 5 minute walk to the grocery store and cheaper restaurants. We had a fridge in our room so we picked up some groceries and ate dinner in our room a couple of nights as well as packed lunch for the theme parks. We bought our Disney tickets at the hotel in the Disney store. There is a desk in the lobby that also sells tickets but we found that the store was $5 cheaper. The shuttle bus runs every 30min which is so great.. make sure you are not a minute late because they don't wait! Overall this hotel was great and very affordable to take your children to Disney.

1 Thank Abbey S
Hello Abbey.
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We're glad you enjoyed it, and hope to see you again soon.
Albany, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

pros: cost and close to Disney

cons:

Very high resort fee that was above the quoted misleading base rate.

Harassed to buy time share: During check in was given a coupon to pick up hospitality gift at the concierge desk. They gave me an envelope of worthless coupons and progressively asked increasing personal questions leading to pressure to buy time share. Wouldn't stop harassing me until I walked away. The next day I returned to the room to a long voice mail message continuing the harassment. On checkout the woman in front of me was livid about the hotel giving her personal information to the timeshare people in order to harass her and suggested that sharing such information could lead to criminal activities against the guests.

archaic heating/air conditioning system. Left room with AC set to 72 degrees. When I returned at 10:30 the room was 55-60 degrees and AC running full blast no matter what setting I input. Call front desk. Maintenance arrived a half hour later to open up the ceiling and manually switch from cooling to heat mode. Was told it would be another 15 minutes before the building heat was functional. After about an hour is a very cool room the heat did finally kick in.

Uncomfortable beds and pillows: one bed was ok but the other was very soft and sagged. The pillows were old and lumpy.

No express checkout: Had to wait in line behind other unhappy quests to get my bill. In addition to the woman mentioned above who threatened to engage her attorney when the desk clerk insisted it was acceptable to share her personnel information with the time share sales desk people, another guest was begging them to fix the shower in his room after he leaves. While the desk clerks uncomfortably dealt with the line of unhappy guests checking out he manager acted to be too busy on the phone to assist in resolving any guest concerns.

Overall the staff seems clueless and uncaring about guest concerns

Room Tip: choose a room in a different hotel is the best advice I can give
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank cpnyguest
Hello.
I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We attempt to deliver a good stay at a fair price to all of our guests, but we obviously did not meet this goal with you. I apologize for that. We will use the things you mentioned as a training opportunity for the departments involved, in hopes of improving our hotel and staff for future guest stays. I am not sure where you booked your reservation, but anyone booking at our hotel knows about providing information about our resort fee, which is the lowest in our area, as well as the only one that includes self parking.
Mike

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel is a great deal for what they are charging. The price is very reasonable, the staff is extremely freindly and responsive. it is also in a great location, which is convenient to Disney area attractions and lots of places to eat. They also have a free shuttle service that runs every half hour, which is very nice perk because parking is expensive at the parks..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Hi.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We’re glad you had a good stay and hope to see you again soon. We appreciate your comments, and pay attention to what our guests have to say.
Pullman, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I would not recommend this hotel at all. We had holes in our walls, the carpet was pulling away from the wall and were someone tried to do a quick fix there were staples in the carpet that could have easily been stepped on. Not enough towels for the guests in our room and they screwed up our credit cards and I am still waiting on the holds to be released from my card. be smart and stay somewhere else.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

brad_boland, Manager at BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We do apologize that you were not happy with pour accommodations during your stay with us. It is our goal to exceed all of our guest’s expectations when they stay with us.
We would like to let you know that we are in the process of making many improvements to our hotel to enhance our guest experience.
Please free to contact Mike Bagley, Front Office Manager, to address any unresolved credit card issues you may have. He can be reached at michael.bagley@lakebuenavistaresorthotel.com. We hope that in the future you and your family will give us another chance to make our property your home away from home.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area

Been to BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!