“Good enough for price”

Ranked #175 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Seattle, Washington
“Good enough for price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

Honestly this hotel was good for what we paid for. It was affordable and very close to Disney. They provided complimentary transportation to the main 4 Disney parks and downtown Disney after 6pm. On our last day there we decided to walk to downtown Disney in the afternoon and it was a quick 10 min walk. It was $30 cab ride one-way to universal which wasn't too bad in my opinion.

Service overall was good (not understanding, but nothing appalling). Whenever I needed assistance, they were helpful and in a timely manner. One of the days I forgot if I turned off a hair straightener. I was embarrassed to call but they checked on it while I was at the park. I was slightly annoyed but more confused why the power blew out when I was blow drying my hair while the bf was showering, but I had someone help us within minutes of calling. After getting back to our hotel everyday from the parks or just being out, our room was tidy and towels were replaced. The folding of the towels were a tad sloppy though.

Our room was on the top floor (18th),...we didn't have a special view but it was nice to see everything around us (other hotels, etc.) The room itself was not bad. Nothing special. It looked a little older, especially in the bathroom. The tiles looked worn out and stuff. But I'm really not a big diva....unless I pay huge $$bucks$$, which we didn't.

I probably wouldn't have this as my first choice coming back because I like to change it up unless I LOVE the hotel (and can afford it). But I wouldn't dismiss this hotel for future times too.

Ps. the food at flamingo lounge wasn't very good, but the service was! Our waitress was very nice. Wished I got her name.

Room Tip: From my experience on the top floor, we didn't hear too much noise.
1 Thank K B
Mike B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Hello.
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time, and know that we listen to all comments both good and bad, and use them as a way to constantly look for ways to deliver a superior guest experience. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Disney area, and hope it is real soon.
Mike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Korean first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

Not only is this Best Western in a great location but the price was very affordable compared to the other hotels in this area. highly recommend Appromximately 2 blocks from downtown Disney and lots to do in this area.

Hi.
I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us and we are very glad it was a good one. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again.
Holmes Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

We had a wonderful time. Clean room, nothing fancy and lacking a refrigerator, but overall the view was excellent and the rooms were very well maintained. I had to call the desk for batteries for the TV Controller and to adjust the air and they had someone up to the room within a few minutes. The only downfall was the lack of any available food service later in the evening after the parks closed. The breakfast buffet was great and the waitress was the best ever. All of the staff were very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mike B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Hello.
winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I just got back from a week at Disneyworld. I stayed - for the first time - at the Best Western Hotel Plaza Boulevard, in Orlando. I must say - I was very pleased. The rates were reasonable, staff helpful and room was comfortable. There is a wonderful shuttle service to the Disney parks - which runs every 30 minutes....and much to my surprised - IT WAS ON TIME!!!! I had a blast - who doesn't love Disney. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Caloundra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed her for a 14 night stay and had a Disney view room. This hotel is the first hotel on the bus route to all disney parks which means you get a seat on the way there and are the first off not the way back. That was a good feature. The room was large enough for three people, and views were good. The cleanliness of these room could have been better, with a few days they forgot to replace all the towels and provide more shampoo. We did notice the floor area near the lift had not been vacuumed the complete time we were there. A little tip, they will try and push a Wyndham presentation on you from the moment you check in, and provide reduced ticket costs to all the parks. I found this completely annoying, to the point I avoided the concierge desk with the the tours and booked all by myself. After the first two times of being pressure sold something I told them I did not want, I refused to go near them again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hi.
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We're glad you enjoyed it, and hope to see you again soon.
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed on 10th floor and had nice view from balcony. Nice hotel close to Downtown Disney at a reasonable rate. Would definitely stay here again and take shuttle bus to Disney World. After unsuccessfully trying to park at Downtown Disney, parked rental car at hotel and walked over, which wasn't too far.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Hi.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We’re glad you had a good stay and hope to see you again soon. We appreciate your comments, and pay attention to what our guests have to say.
Lenexa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

The hotel is clean, pretty, and nicely located for many attractions and restaurants. The staff was very friendly. The beds and pillows were comfortable. WiFi worked well in our room. Our floor was quiet at all times, so we slept very well. The breakfast buffet, included in the price, was more than adequate. I would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mike B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Hi Katie.
Thank You for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We're really glad it was a good one. Come back soon.
Mike
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area

Been to BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!