3,393 results
All reviews disney springs the bus pizza hut breakfast buffet lake buena vista shuttle service magic kingdom beds were comfortable gift shop free shuttle time share fireworks balcony bw parks lbv transportation
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night while passing through. Nice place, had a room on the 14th floor. It had a small balcony with a view of the Disney fireworks (you have to ask for one of the Fireplace View Rooms). It was clean, quiet and comfortable.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Being the third year in a row we stayed in this area, i had a good idea what to expect for a lot of things. This is the 1st year we stayed at this hotel, previously staying at wyndham I decided to try another spot being the restaurants were bad at the other place. The best western is very dated. The resort fee was cheaper and dining options were practical and also good. Breakfast buffet was not great due to selection but the gentleman at the omelet station was really friendly . Not much to choose from for a buffet but it wasnt terrible either. The pool was small and grounds around the pool were not maintained at all. Bathrooms around the facilities were dirty and again dated. Lobby is small without much seating. All staff i encountered were really freindly. My room was typical of a cheaper hotel, but it was nice to have a balcony to hang out wet stuff outside to dry quickly. Maid service was ok. Elevators constantly made noise and felt like they would break down at any moment but they didnt.
Pros-
all indoor hotel so getting to your room is quick.
Busses.
Friendly staff.
Food options for a quick bite (pizza hut breakfast sandwhiches coffee)

Cons-
Dated
Dirty bathrooms around hotel
Disney springs drop off is west side

If your not looking for a luxourius hotel its a great place thats reasonable. If your used to luxury travel dont waste your time

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2018

The first night we were coughing all night, the second the walls sounded like water was falling through them and when we woke the walls were bubbling from a massive leak in the a/c. My daughter could have electrocuted herself plugging in her curling iron. I am pretty sure the room had mold. I have an auto immune disease and was sick for the whole trip. I ended up at the Disney medical building because I couldn’t breathe and fell ill. Wasted my money on this trip because the room made me and my family sick and we didn’t get to enjoy our trip. My kids coughed for days afterward and I had issues breathing and it made my chronic illness worse. Disney is expensive and non refundable! Hopefully they will make good on my bill. I am waiting to hear from the manager. I asked to change rooms in the morning and told them we had reservations for breakfast and wanted to change rooms that evening. When we got back there was no notation and the receptionist seemed put out by having to change our room. The morning receptionist did not save us a room and they were booked solid. They managed to get us another room, but it was stressful. I felt sorry for the night staff, but I showed them photos and they tried to remedy the situation.

Room Tip: Do not get room 710. You can ask for a view of the parks and you can see the fireworks from the balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Just finished a six night stay at this Best Western. It gets high marks in terms of value. We are a family of five which puts us in a different category with Disney properties - easily 2.5x to 3x more expensive than this BW. So if you are looking for bang for buck that gets you Disney perks this is a great alternative if you can deal with some considerations.

Pros:
+ Price/value including lowest resort fee in the area (about $15/day)
+ Clean and comfortable
+ Disney perks - Bus, fastpass + access on mydisney app, extra magic hours
+ Sleeps 5 in 2 Queens and sofa bed rooms
+ Friendly staff
+ Large mini fridge - not one of the cube ones. Good for snacks and drinks.
+ Near Disney Springs - 10-15min walk

Cons:
- Small/basic bathrooms. Old school layout so sink is inside bathroom.
- Bus service not quite as good as on-property. Read below.
- No special themeing, a bit dated in decor
- Elevators loud, sometimes misses floor
- Housekeeping missed one day and was late another but otherwise did a good job

Disney Springs Resorts Bus Info:
- The pick up/drop off is just outside the front door.
- There are 2 bus routes A & B. The Best Western, Wyndham and the Hilton BV Palace are on the B route. If you find yourself taking the A bus from a park by mistake just get off at the DoubleTree which is across the street from the BW.
- The buses start one hour before park open and then on 30m cycle. So typically start around 8:00 at the BW- which is the first stop. Suggest 5 min early so you dont waste 30m waiting for the next bus.
- There is no app or digital signs that give you timing/location of buses but overall they were pretty consistent.
- The buses make stops at 2 parks (not direct like Disney buses). For example Epcot and Animal Kingdom for one bus with Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios for the other bus.
- Buses took about 20 minutes to get to the first park destination including stopping at the 2 other hotels. Then after 2-5 minute stop at the park drive another 15 minutes to get to the second park. So if you are going to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios factor in about 35-40 minutes.
- Most of the time the Best Western was the first drop off too - which is nice.
- For three parks (AK, Epcot, HS) the drop off/pick up is just a little further than Disney bus stops - no biggie unless you have problems walking. For MK it's the ticketing and transportation center so you have to take the monorail or boat to and from.
- You can take advantage of the regular Disney buses to get to other resorts for eating
- After 4pm you can take Disney bus to Disney Springs then walk or catch the Disney Springs Resort buses. However if the later, realize the Disney bus stop at DS is roughly in the middle and the DS Resort buses pick up and drop off at the Strawberry lot to the west - that is also where the Lyft and Uber lot is.
- I did a work-around / hack once.. I took the Disney bus from Disney Springs that goes to the Contemporary resport. Then walked to Magic Kingdom. No problems. That bus does stop first at Wilderness Lodge so factor that into timing.

One more tip- We rented a car from Orlando Airport for our arrival day 1 from National. I had a free day anyway but even if not still may be a good alternative. It allowed us to get to the BW and checkin, then drop my wife and daughters at Disney Springs so I could head to get groceries / drinks / sunscreen etc. Then later after seeing the Incredibles II at Disney Springs AMC we drove back to BW. You get free parking at Disney Springs. I returned the car to the Hilton Palace around the corner with afterhours key drop then was back at the BW with 10m walk. That way we did not pay any parking. You can use the check in parking for free at BW for drop off, unloading groceries, etc.

Stayed: June 2018
4  Thank kitzmillers
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Let me make this as simple as possible but overall it’s a pretty good hotel, perimeter and outside area was very clean the security and police officers outside made it safer for those who needed to feel that but again this is Florida and I’m from here and never felt threaten but it’s still a nice to see that it’s was there just in case!!!! Pool could be bigger with a bit more fun activity!!!! Staff very friendly all of them by the way!!!!! Now the room and balcony was decent size and clean!!! Beds were perfect firmness for me anyways.... bathroom tiles in shower looks like needs fixing ASAP seems like they fell and they just quickly patched it up thank god it didn’t fall on our visit cause that’s disgusting!!! And hotel needs to put microwave inside the rooms nice size fridge and coffee maker but no microwave!!! Beautiful view

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family